Section E Is Sold Out

MCMLXXX

This has the Rice game starting at 6pm instead of the 4pm previously communicated. I hope the fan guide is wrong. I need to drive back to Dallas after the game. -_-

The official Rice athletics site has the game at 4pm. Just from personal experience for accuracy in sports info and communications I would go with the opponent's website. <_<

http://riceowls.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/s...otbl-sched.html

Really? Even though you don't reference Dragon football, your comment seems to point in that direction. I doubt you were talking about the shoppers in Southlake wanting to adopt a football team...

You're kidding right? Even though you yourself admit I don't reference Dragon football and my post clearly singles out one particular person( Riley Factor), you still have trouble comprehending the difference?

How many kids from Dragon football will be playing in Denton this Fall? The whole team?

Maybe, just maybe, Riley is so unbelievably good and the people from Southlake know this. Could be they know this kid is a winner and are buying seats in anticipation, knowing the excitement this kid brings to the game.

Now, if you wanted to question my assumption that section "E" sold out because people from Southlake are buying tickets, well, you would have a point. I don't know if thats true. Don't have a clue. Mere conjecture on my part.

Heck, maybe people from Denton are buying the tickets. Maybe Riley has nothing to due with it at all. Maybe it is because of RV or Todd Dodge. Maybe it's the way the stars are aligned.

But honestly, there was nothing in my post that even remotely referenced Dragon football. Right, teacher? ;)

You're kidding right? Even though you yourself admit I don't reference Dragon football and my post clearly singles out one particular person( Riley Factor), you still have trouble comprehending the difference?

How many kids from Dragon football will be playing in Denton this Fall? The whole team?

Maybe, just maybe, Riley is so unbelievably good and the people from Southlake know this. Could be they know this kid is a winner and are buying seats in anticipation, knowing the excitement this kid brings to the game.

Now, if you wanted to question my assumption that section "E" sold out because people from Southlake are buying tickets, well, you would have a point. I don't know if thats true. Don't have a clue. Mere conjecture on my part.

Heck, maybe people from Denton are buying the tickets. Maybe Riley has nothing to due with it at all. Maybe it is because of RV or Todd Dodge. Maybe it's the way the stars are aligned.

But honestly, there was nothing in my post that even remotely referenced Dragon football. Right, teacher? ;)

MGBob has a valid point. My brother and nephew purchased season tickets this year to come to Fouts and watch Riley play. (they live in Southlake and my nephew plays football there) I explained that Giovanni Vizza is our starting QB, and Riley may red-shirt? He said the Southlake parents and football fans are buying NT tickets to support Todd, Riley, and Justin Padron at North Texas. (I still cant believe he knows two players on our roster? He is an NT Alum, and this is the first year he has EVER had season tickets for North Texas football, but he has had SLC season tickets for 9 years) He doesnt know how many games he will actually attend, but the SLC parents he talked to are buying NT tickets also this season. As that seems to support what MGBob is saying here, I can see his point. The Denton area people are not as supportive of NT football as the SLC crowd seems to be? As the Dodge-Fans seem more willing to step up and buy tickets, whether Riley plays or not, it appears Southlake has in fact adopted North Texas already. I truly wish the Denton Fans were as dedicated.

Welcome to all the Southlake Fans... it's great to have you!!!

GMG!!!

MGBob has a valid point. My brother and nephew purchased season tickets this year to come to Fouts and watch Riley play. (they live in Southlake and my nephew plays football there) I explained that Giovanni Vizza is our starting QB, and Riley may red-shirt? He said the Southlake parents and football fans are buying NT tickets to support Todd, Riley, and Justin Padron at North Texas. (I still cant believe he knows two players on our roster? He is an NT Alum, and this is the first year he has EVER had season tickets for North Texas football, but he has had SLC season tickets for 9 years) He doesnt know how many games he will actually attend, but the SLC parents he talked to are buying NT tickets also this season. As that seems to support what MGBob is saying here, I can see his point. The Denton area people are not as supportive of NT football as the SLC crowd seems to be? As the Dodge-Fans seem more willing to step up and buy tickets, whether Riley plays or not, it appears Southlake has in fact adopted North Texas already. I truly wish the Denton Fans were as dedicated.

GMG!!!

A good reason to target the Metroplex when recruiting. The Celina fans will show up for Franklin and Tune, the Southlake fans for Dodge, Padron, Russo, Leppo and Fentris, etc...

GMG!!!

Perhaps that is why the Trophy Club events were held...to develop a fan base from the Southlake area and sell season tickets to them. It is my understanding that Coach Dodge still lives in Southlake, so it stands to reason his family has friends there that might want to support him, Riley, and other former Southlake players at UNT. To me that is a good thing...I would be worried if they didn't want to support him!

I really don't care who is buying tickets or why, I just LOVE the fact that folks are buying Mean Green tickets. One reason you hire the head coach that you do is in the hopes that, along with winning games, he will fill seats. Seems like TD is doing that. There is a lady who works where I do that lives in Southlake...she and her husband have daughters, not sons, so no football players in the family, but they love TD and the Southlake Dragons. Guess what? Saw her, her husband and one daughter at a UNT game last season. They came in a big RV and had a tailgate event with friends at Fouts before the game. They intend to return this season. I don't knowe if they have season tickets or not, but they were sitting in Section E last season! The game I saw they attended, UNT LOST, but they left saying they would be back and to not worry as TD will get it done! How's that for a loyal following of "believers" in TD? Seems to me to be a good omen for good things to come at UNT.

Better get those season tickets now, as the time is approaching when the "good seats" in the new stadium will be hard to come by....OK, so I have had a sip or two of the Kool-Aid, but just look around without your "looking glass to the past", and I think you would agree that it is much for fun to be at Fouts now than it was a couple of years ago.

GO MEAN GREEN!