With the death of George Carlin, I'm curious what comedians make you laugh.

We may need to split this up into live and dead.

On the dead side, the conversation begins and ends with Bill Hicks. Carlin is up there of course, as is Lenny Bruce. I also liked Mitch Hedberg.

On the live side, Chris Rock, Joe Rogan, Patton Oswald, and Doug Stanhope.

I like my humor with a bite to it. I could go on and on, but would like to know who some of your favorites are. I love standup comedy and am impressed with anyone who can do it well. I certainly can't. I tried once and only once. It was enough.

I leave you with this Bill Hicks opening line, "Good evening. Thank you for coming out. I'm very tired...very tired of doing comedy. I'm very tired of looking out at your vacant faces staring back at me wanting me to fill your lives with humor you couldn't possibly think of yourself. I always love it when I'm here, wherever I am, and can't wait to get back."

Katt Williams

Old school Eddie Murphy is comedy gold. "I can walk! It's a miracle!"

Daniel Tosh

Just last week a director was berating the crew at work. One of the guys turned to me and said, "Tell Clarke to have a Coke and a smile and shut the f#$@ up."

I'd forgotten just how funny Eddie was in his prime. A true comedic genius.

Rock's Bigger and Blacker was great. "He speaks so well?! That's what they say about the retard who can talk!"

Eddie Izzard is a favorite right now. I saw Dressed To Kill a couple years ago and can't get enough of him. I thought the way he tied one historic tale into the next was brilliant. So quotable too, but doesn't work so well around people who haven't seen the executive transvestite getup.

I bought the first season of SNL last year. Richard Pryor absolutely tore the house down. What a brilliant man.

Lilly Tomlin was so talented; she just floored me (and everyone) with her versatility (see her monologue)

Robin Williams...I could go on...

Childhood consisted of my brother sneaking me up with him to listen to Eddie Murphy and George Carlin tapes. I can still recite the most random parts of both routines at the drop of a hat. We actually had a conversation on a road trip over the weekend about what kind of college activity lacrosse is and sang the "you don't got know ice cream" taunt song when we stopped at a DQ.

I was a big Mitch Hedberg fan and got to meet him after a show in Addison a few years before he died. He was so nice, shy and probably trashed out of his mind. He could really keep the ball rolling live and you just never had a chance to recover - even with his lower grade material.

I also loved Andy Kaufman's work growing up and I think the tendency to want to amuse only myself is definitely founded in following his life.

Eddie Izzard is a favorite right now. I saw Dressed To Kill a couple years ago and can't get enough of him. I thought the way he tied one historic tale into the next was brilliant. So quotable too, but doesn't work so well around people who haven't seen the executive transvestite getup.

"What must his daily schedule have been like? Death, death, death, breakfast, death, death, lunch, death, death, death, afternoon tea..."

"Excuse me, do you have a flag?"

"What must his daily schedule have been like? Death, death, death, breakfast, death, death, lunch, death, death, death, afternoon tea..."

"Excuse me, do you have a flag?"

"Um, death. NONOONON I mean cake. I said cake"

"AHAH...you said death."

"I meant cake."

"Oh alright. You're lucky I'm Church of England."

Steve Coogan, John C. McGinley, Creed Bratton, Peter Sellers, Eddie Izzard, Jon Stewart, Line 4 Guy, Old Shcool Eddie Murphey (he wore the best clothing), Lewis Black...and I can't believe no one mentioned Conan O'Brien...few things can make me laugh like the Walker, Texas Ranger Lever

Edited by Censored by Laurie

Dead: Richard Pryor, George Carlin

Live: Stephen Wright, Conan O'Brien, "Old" Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, Bill Cosby, Kevin James

Anyone ever see the clip of Chris Rock and Stephen Wright reading each other's material? That is good times.