Let It Be

Harry

Could it be that draylen ross shows up at 6-3 300 and the protypical defensive tackle we need so desparately. And could it be that Joe Miller adds another 15 pounds of muscle and finishes off his career as a unanimous all sbc selection. And could it be that finally Ike thomas is healthy and plays at the level we all know he is capable of? And could it be that Lonzie Horton plays as the top national prospect he was when SECteams were recruiting him? Its questions like this that make this season so interesting to many of us.

Could it be that draylen ross shows up at 6-3 300 and the protypical defensive tackle we need so desparately. And could it be that Joe Miller adds another 15 pounds of muscle and finishes off his career as a unanimous all sbc selection. And could it be that finally Ike thomas is healthy and plays at the level we all know he is capable of? And could it be that Lonzie Horton plays as the top national prospect he was when SECteams were recruiting him? Its questions like this that make this season so interesting to many of us.

:thumbsup:

I hope you're right on just one of those possibilities??? I have been professing the greatness of Isaac Thomas since I saw him play in the Oil Bowl a few years ago. In that game, he was un-blockable. Since then, his days at NT have been injury or illness riddled? Isaac could be a huge difference maker on the D-line if he can just stay healthy? I hope this is that year. I also found it interesting that all the publications I've seen predict we will have a 235 lb. starting left tackle? I dont know how accurate those things are, but 235 lbs at OT???? Has to be a screw up. Of course, last year those same publications said we would have a terrible run defense and no pass rush... maybe I should check to see if its Tobe Nwigwe playing left tackle???

GMG!!! ;)

Edited by medpilot21

IF...these things happen, we WILL have a VERY special season in God's Country (Denton of course)!

I only say IF because I do not want to get too excited. The implications of these things happening are so HUGE for this team that we would possibly have one of those seasons that are remembered for a long time...dare is say 2002???

If these things happen on the defensive line, coupled with the offense we are going to have, the sky is the limit folks. BIG things would be happening in NT land!

I also found it interesting that all the publications I've seen predict we will have a 235 lb. starting left tackle? I dont know how accurate those things are, but 235 lbs at OT???? Has to be a screw up.

GMG!!! ;)

It is not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog. A former player told me that dog has a lot of fight in him.

So, does nobody think that Eddrick Gilmore may be ready for the season opener and be a factor, or Jordan Scoggins? Any other redshirts from last year, or even a true freshman from the class of 2008?

I think everybody is counting on Gilmore. I can't think of a loss that would hurt worse.

As for Scoggins, I don't know. I'd love to see him step in and get some quality time off the bench.