Vito Blog: New Stadium Info

NT80

Bryan316, I kind of resent your post. I've been following this program for longer than I care to remember but have yet to hear or see anything official for the President, the BOR, or RV that North Texas will build a new football stadium. Here is what it will look like, here's how we plan to do it, and we need your help Mr. DeepGreen. Here are the different contribution levels and this is what your contribution will get you. Not one person has sent me one freaking brochure detailing a damn thing about the new stadium. No one is crying wah, wah, wah. Many are just disgusted with the smoke and mirrors that have been present the past 4-5 years regarding the stadium. While they try to find one or two big donors all this time, they could have cultivated any number of small to mid-size donors. Kick in a per semester fee to the students. Someone has to grow some balls and do what needs to get done for this stadium issue.

I don't know when Vito got his copy of the packet, but chances are that media outlets received it prior to others. There are a number of folks on here that would qualify for these packets, and within 30 minutes of receiving it would post about it. I know that people have said exactly that, "Show me 'Here is what it will look like, here's how we plan to do it, and we need your help' and I'll show you the kind of checks I can write." I'm glad that you're willing to put out, but have you let RV or Dr. B know that? Have any of you? Your last sentence is exactly the point I was making. The posters hiding behind the computer screen taking shots at those in charge about their supposed lackings need to get off their asses and tell those in charge what they can do. Sitting back and waiting will get you nothing but a perceived lacking in leadership because someone hasn't sought you out and asked you for help. "Nobody's come to me." Why the hell should they if they don't know what you have to offer? The stadium designers all sent NT their bids and designs for the stadium; they didn't sit on the couch and wait for NT to come to them to ask for designs. I mean, how many vendors and B2B companies sit there waiting for work? Very few.

So, yes, put up or shut up. Learn to be proactive and offer your assistance. If you're going to just sit there and wait for them to come crawling to you, then you're just part of the problem.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know when Vito got his copy of the packet, but chances are that media outlets received it prior to others. There are a number of folks on here that would qualify for these packets, and within 30 minutes of receiving it would post about it. I know that people have said exactly that, "Show me 'Here is what it will look like, here's how we plan to do it, and we need your help' and I'll show you the kind of checks I can write." I'm glad that you're willing to put out, but have you let RV or Dr. B know that? Have any of you? Your last sentence is exactly the point I was making. The posters hiding behind the computer screen taking shots at those in charge about their supposed lackings need to get off their asses and tell those in charge what they can do. Sitting back and waiting will get you nothing but a perceived lacking in leadership because someone hasn't sought you out and asked you for help. "Nobody's come to me." Why the hell should they if they don't know what you have to offer? The stadium designers all sent NT their bids and designs for the stadium; they didn't sit on the couch and wait for NT to come to them to ask for designs. I mean, how many vendors and B2B companies sit there waiting for work? Very few.

So, yes, put up or shut up. Learn to be proactive and offer your assistance. If you're going to just sit there and wait for them to come crawling to you, then you're just part of the problem.

Your talking to the wrong crowd with this kind of message my friend.

As for the $60 Million and 10% raised, that figure was from last December. No idea where it stands now. The latest word from leadership that makes the decisions on all of this is that we have to be patient. I'm hopefully optimistic that we break ground by 2012.

Rick

Absolutely brilliant...its no wonder we havent raised the money yet. We have those who honestly think that not approaching the only people who you KNOW will give money can be blamed on them for not being proactive.

You know Mandy's old job in the MGC is open. Are you able to say "If youre not in the MGC yet its because I havent called you, or YOU HAVENT CALLED ME"

I think you should spend more time playing Xbox Uno and less time in front of a computer.

"Nobody's come to me." Why the hell should they if they don't know what you have to offer?

do you work for capital donations in athletics? they must have the same philosophy as you to just sit back and wait for the donors to come to them.

Edited by LoveMG

How would NT know? They've never officially asked. I don't even know what the official "proposed" stadium looks like. Sure, someone once emailed me some "top secret" rendering, but nothing directly from the AD.

IMHO, the first step is to have a per semester athletic fee added, beginning this Fall, 2008.

I believe if NT was more proactive then a lot more funding would be generated but maybe they have been proactive but in a hush hush way. Its just that they are not getting a good response.

Absolutely brilliant...its no wonder we havent raised the money yet. We have those who honestly think that not approaching the only people who you KNOW will give money can be blamed on them for not being proactive.

You know Mandy's old job in the MGC is open. Are you able to say "If youre not in the MGC yet its because I havent called you, or YOU HAVENT CALLED ME"

Or you can give them a call and say "hey this is for the stadium you keep proposing, get busy". Nowadays candidates running for office get more attention for how much money they've actually raised rather than any polling that is done.

4100 posts? Maybe you should spend more time looking for a girlfriend and less time in front of a computer.

:lol:

4100 posts since Jul-02 is less then 1000/year. BTW ... he is married ... to an NT grad ... who also posts on this message board.

:lol:

4100 posts since Jul-02 is less then 1000/year. BTW ... he is married ... to an NT grad ... who also posts on this message board.

.....and both ex Talons own season tickets(football and basketball) as well as MGC memberships, both travel to away games, involves themselves in all things North Texas including fundraising for scholarships for our players on their days off. I'd say he's damn sure earned the right to his oppinion here.

Carry on!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick