Ponyfans Thoughts On Unt

LAZER

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing wrong with this entire thread is, "Who really cares what SMU thinks about us?" Other than the time it takes from me to type this post, they are irrelevant. They haven't done any favors for us and never will. Actually, they have been the exact opposite over the years. Therefore, what they think and what they say means nothing.

Edited by GMoney

Gmoney said "They haven't done any favors for us and never will."

What? SMU did not take us to raise, we are not a dependent on their tax return. Let's be responsible for our own actions, and stop worrying about SMU. Do you think SMU's A.D. goes to bed at night thinking about how he can make life better for us? Why would he? Why should he?

Edited by dodgefan

What? SMU did not take us to raise, we are not a dependent on their tax return. Let's be responsible for our own actions, and stop worrying about SMU. Do you think SMU's A.D. goes to bed at night thinking about how he can make life better for us? Why would he? Why should he?

What do you mean brought it bowling, Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a 7*ing beer. He's not taking your 7*ing turn, Dude.

Edited by greenminer

An SMU-UNT rivalry would be good for both schools.

The more they pretend that they are above playing us and claim we're irrelevant, and the more we pretend we don't care that the fratboy-silver-spoon-sucking-Abercrombie-wearing-BMW-driving-never-work-a-day-in-their-privileged-life-elitist-douche-bags give us no respect, the longer it will take to sign a 6-year series.

Let's get this deal signed and settle the be all and end all of class warfare disputes where it belongs.. on the football field.

The more they pretend that they are above playing us and claim we're irrelevant, and the more we pretend we don't care that the fratboy-silver-spoon-sucking-Abercrombie-wearing-BMW-driving-never-work-a-day-in-their-privileged-life-elitist-douche-bags give us no respect, the longer it will take to sign a 6-year series.

Let's get this deal signed and settle the be all and end all of class warfare disputes where it belongs.. on the football field.

So everyone who goes to UNT is the poor, working class citizen who is just striving to the best person they can be while working towards obtaining an education and everyone at SMU is this arrogant, well-to-do upper class never-worked-for-anything-in-their-entire-life scourge on the face of humanity.

Got it.

Thank god for college football. I hate to think how such an epic class dispute would be resloved without it.

I'm not sure I follow you, but I think you are making my point for me. That is, there's no tie to them. They haven't done anything for us (not that I expect them to or want them to) and they don't decide who we are and what we should think about ourselves. In the big scheme of what we want to achieve from athletics - their opinion means nothing. To give value to someone's opinion you have to respect them at least a little.

Guest GrayEagleOne

And SMU thinks...why, hell yes! Where do I sign?

If anyone calls me those kind of names there'll be an ice storm in July before I'd even acknowledge that they exist.

How may SMU students or alumni do you know that fit what you described above? Admittedly, I don't know very many current students but I know (or knew) hundreds of SMU alumni and I've known one that might fit your description.

If you are really sincere about wanting to play them, treat them with a little respect then good-naturedly tell them a long term series would be beneficial for both of us. Face it, we're not going to get games with SMU, TCU, Rice, Vanderbilt, Tulane, or any of the more prestigious universities by calling them elitists or other derogatory names. That really makes us seem inferior.

It's true that SMU has never done anything for us and, at the rate we are going, never will. Guess what? Neither has TCU; or Rice; or Baylor. Tulsa and Pacific are the only private schools that I can think of that voted for our conference admission. At least SMU has played us more than any other private college.

The only real disdain that I have for SMU is over the death penalty but that was more than twenty five years ago, before their current students were born. They have a fine university. We have a fine university. We just need to coexist without the name-calling.

And SMU thinks...why, hell yes! Where do I sign?

If anyone calls me those kind of names there'll be an ice storm in July before I'd even acknowledge that they exist.

How may SMU students or alumni do you know that fit what you described above? Admittedly, I don't know very many current students but I know (or knew) hundreds of SMU alumni and I've known one that might fit your description.

If you are really sincere about wanting to play them, treat them with a little respect then good-naturedly tell them a long term series would be beneficial for both of us. Face it, we're not going to get games with SMU, TCU, Rice, Vanderbilt, Tulane, or any of the more prestigious universities by calling them elitists or other derogatory names. That really makes us seem inferior.

It's true that SMU has never done anything for us and, at the rate we are going, never will. Guess what? Neither has TCU; or Rice; or Baylor. Tulsa and Pacific are the only private schools that I can think of that voted for our conference admission. At least SMU has played us more than any other private college.

The only real disdain that I have for SMU is over the death penalty but that was more than twenty five years ago, before their current students were born. They have a fine university. We have a fine university. We just need to coexist without the name-calling.

We said sir....I love you.

I'm not in a frat. I use stainless steel silverware. I don't own any Abercrombie. I drive a VW. I worked today actually. I wasn't privileged growing up. I damn sure not an elitist. You get no respect because you make stupid generalizations like that. Respect is to be earned, not given freely. Learn it.

I'm not in a frat. I use stainless steel silverware. I don't own any Abercrombie. I drive a VW. I worked today actually. I wasn't privileged growing up. I damn sure not an elitist. You get no respect because you make stupid generalizations like that. Respect is to be earned, not given freely. Learn it.

Oh I doubt this thought process is representative of the majority of UNT students and alums. It's just a few people on a message board with chips on their shoulders that may be the end result of a low sense of self-worth, insecurity, a jealous inferiority complex- or some combination of the three.

Either that or it's just a joke. Talking trash much in the same way Horn fans refer to Aggies as "gomers", rednecks, and the like... because it's fun.

Oh and kissing SMU fans on the back of the neck isn't going to magically get us a football series. It's not like Christmas where you get what you want if you're really good. It's up to the AD's. They have to believe it is worthwhile- which probably means RV needs to sell it.

I live for my frat. I sleep with the silver spoon I was born with. I own closets full of Abercrombie. My butler drives a VW. My Mexicans worked really hard today. My life partner told me how underpriviliged he was growing up. I damn sure not an common man. We get no respect because unfortunately, these generalizations are spot on. A good orgasm is to be earned, not given freely. :whip: Learn it.

Fixed for reality.

The sad part is, anyone on phonyfans could have posted this. It's like a broken record over there. :no:

Very well said sir. These generalizations made by both sides is completely stupid and needs to stop. Its the very few minority on both sides that create all this mess but the major major majority of the people on BOTH SIDES dont have dumb thinking like many people think. As the great Jerry Jones said on The Ticket...."Stop this crap!"

Either that or it's just a joke. Talking trash much in the same way Horn fans refer to Aggies as "gomers", rednecks, and the like... because it's fun.

Exactly. Get a grip folks, just a little smack for fun. If you're that thin-skinned, stay off the InterWeb.

Isn't this supposed to be a rivalry? Think UT and A&M fans sit around and slap each other on the back, praising the other team about what a great school they are? Has UNT and SMU gone without a true rivalry for so long that they forget how it works?

Edited by UNTflyer

I was not aware that this is a true rivalry. Wanting one and having one are different circumstances, I think? Years of following this board, and being a student from 99 - '3, I was under the impression that some of you live in the past, fabricating things that hold absolutely no water to this generation and was a pretty weak leg to stand on in the first place.

<warning>Kram1 tone approaching.</warning>

We have our own problems, so does SMU. Let's settle it on the field!