Ponyfans Thoughts On Unt

LAZER

Exactly. Get a grip folks, just a little smack for fun. If you're that thin-skinned, stay off the InterWeb.

Isn't this supposed to be a rivalry? Think UT and A&M fans sit around and slap each other on the back, praising the other team about what a great school they are? Has UNT and SMU gone without a true rivalry for so long that they forget how it works?

Exactly!!! It's off-season. It's light-hearted "smack talking" fun. Relax and smile along like the rest or some of us. It's all good.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't this thread die last week?

This thread...much like the historic and storied rivalry...will never die.

Other things that won't die: Mosquitos in Houston, bluetooth douchebags, conservatives, Britney Spears stories masquarding as news, McDreamy, fast food, bad drivers, crying teenage girls at American Idol, American Idol, people who laugh after everyone of their bad jokes, Jim Rome, Stuart Scott, Jim Rome and Stuart Scott's illegitimate child Stephen A. Smith, the entire ESPN college basketball broadcast team, Fouts Field, Detroit Red Wings, Andy Warhol, our women's shoe collections and literally Dick Clark.

Oh...and also the admins not shutting down pointless and boarderline embarrassing threads...not a direct shot...more a passive aggressive suggestion

<Please Note Heavy Sarcasm is inserted throughouth this Post>

The most insulting part of your comment was insinuating that SMU students wear Abercrombie. C'mon man, it's Polo and Brooks Brothers, maybe some Lacoste here and there. It's now very obvious you haven't been over to SMU with that kind of generalization and I don't approve of stereotypes. Now if you excuse me, I have to find my Sperry's as I've got to take the yacht out for a spin before our friends come in for the weekend while you go work on your art project/teaching plan/musical performance work.

My opinion? Posters on both boards (that haven't been in school 10-15+ years) care way too much about the "social" rivalry between these two schools. SMU has a lot of out-of-state students, it's hard to develop disdain for a school in an area you've just moved to. If these students do have a superior aura about them, I can assure you that UNT is not the only target of this attitude so don't feel shunned and alone. The older alums (read: majority of posters on message board) are probably quite bitter as to the state of the athletics team. I guarantee you no one that's a current student or recent alum thinks that SMU is an elite sports institution, though I think it's sad and pathetic how apathetic the student body is and hope June Jones can change that. I did a little research to try and prove the point that SMU has normal kids, but evidently over 76% of the students come from households that make $200k+ according to College Dirt using FAFSA statistical info. However, money doesn't make one a snob.. and I've found that some of the snobbiest people I've met in life - are people that don't have $ but desperately want others to think they do.. I believe that these people can be found at ANY university or college. Are we really to believe there are no art freaks at SMU? and no preppy-frat kids/sorority girls driving around with POLO (no Abercrombie... major frat violation) in Tahoes and Range Rovers at UNT?

<Please Note Heavy Sarcasm is inserted throughouth this Post>

The most insulting part of your comment was insinuating that SMU students wear Abercrombie. C'mon man, it's Polo and Brooks Brothers, maybe some Lacoste here and there. It's now very obvious you haven't been over to SMU with that kind of generalization and I don't approve of stereotypes. Now if you excuse me, I have to find my Sperry's as I've got to take the yacht out for a spin before our friends come in for the weekend while you go work on your art project/teaching plan/musical performance work.

My opinion? Posters on both boards (that haven't been in school 10-15+ years) care way too much about the "social" rivalry between these two schools. SMU has a lot of out-of-state students, it's hard to develop disdain for a school in an area you've just moved to. If these students do have a superior aura about them, I can assure you that UNT is not the only target of this attitude so don't feel shunned and alone. The older alums (read: majority of posters on message board) are probably quite bitter as to the state of the athletics team. I guarantee you no one that's a current student or recent alum thinks that SMU is an elite sports institution, though I think it's sad and pathetic how apathetic the student body is and hope June Jones can change that. I did a little research to try and prove the point that SMU has normal kids, but evidently over 76% of the students come from households that make $200k+ according to College Dirt using FAFSA statistical info. However, money doesn't make one a snob.. and I've found that some of the snobbiest people I've met in life - are people that don't have $ but desperately want others to think they do.. I believe that these people can be found at ANY university or college. Are we really to believe there are no art freaks at SMU? and no preppy-frat kids/sorority girls driving around with POLO (no Abercrombie... major frat violation) in Tahoes and Range Rovers at UNT?

Wow..... logic and reason..... interesting ideas. We should all look into them.

It would however be nice if there was a rivalry between these schools, that would be alot of fun.