Dominique Johnson To Unt

Harry

Dominique Johnson - 9.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.1 apg, 1.0 spg, 45.5% FG%, 39.4% 3ptFG%, 73.9% FT%

Not a bad line...finished fourth on the team in scoring, seems to rebound pretty well for his size and I like the assist totals and field goal percentage for a guard.

My bet, however, would be that this signing takes Cardell McFarland off the board...and I'm kinda disappointed to sign another JUCO point guard.

Not impressed by this signing.

I was going to say that as well. The most he will probably ever be is an average role player probably. I dont know if thats all JJ was looking for but I am thinking we could have found somebody else that would have made more of an impact (atleast looking at it on paper). But since he is here I will be pulling for him to succeed.

Edited by Green Mean

Dominique Johnson - 9.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.1 apg, 1.0 spg, 45.5% FG%, 39.4% 3ptFG%, 73.9% FT%

Not a bad line...finished fourth on the team in scoring, seems to rebound pretty well for his size and I like the assist totals and field goal percentage for a guard.

My bet, however, would be that this signing takes Cardell McFarland off the board...and I'm kinda disappointed to sign another JUCO point guard.

I'm a little disappointed as well, but hopefully he will fill the role of a primary ball handler well. I was really hoping to pick up McFarland too.

I'm a little disappointed as well, but hopefully he will fill the role of a primary ball handler well. I was really hoping to pick up McFarland too.

Thats a tiny backcourt if JJ is thinking of making Johnson the primary 1 and Josh the 2...I mean, tiny.

Thats a tiny backcourt if JJ is thinking of making Johnson the primary 1 and Josh the 2...I mean, tiny.

I definitely agree, but I definitely see this happening next year. I'm hoping he's brought in to be the primary backup PG, but that I think would still leave us needing a starter as I really think Josh is better off the ball. We shall see. An impact front court player is still on my wish list.

According to Rivals, Cincinnati, Indiana, Kansas State, Marquette, Nebraska, St Johns, Tulsa, and of course Wichita State were interested in Johnson out of high school in 2006. He signed an LOI with Missouri-KC, the only school that offered him a scholarship. My guess is he did not qualify academically and Mo-KC was the only one willing to take a chance.

Rivals said his strengths were speed, defense and being a good leader on the floor. Areas where improvement was needed were shooting and physical strength. He was listed as 5'10 and 140 in 2006.

Dominique did play with Mo-KC in 2006-07. He played in all 32 games and started 11 times as a freshman. Here are his stats (scroll down).

Mo-KC is in the Summit Conference with Oral Roberts, IUPUI and Centenary among others. The Summit had the 22nd best RPI. This compares with 15 for the Sun Belt and 20 for the Southland.

He transfered to Fort Smith CC for the 2007-08 season.

Edited by Buford_Julep

According to Rivals, Cincinnati, Indiana, Kansas State, Marquette, Nebraska, St Johns, Tulsa, and of course Wichita State were interested in Johnson out of high school in 2006. He signed an LOI with Missouri-KC, the only school that offered him a scholarship. My guess is he did not qualify academically and Mo-KC was the only one willing to take a chance.

Rivals said his strengths were speed, defense and being a good leader on the floor. Areas where improvement was needed were shooting and physical strength. He was listed as 5'10 and 140 in 2006.

Can he return punts? :)

Seriously, is height overrated as a college basketball guard? Josh White seemed to do OK at 5-10. Now, as for forward and post, I am greatly concerned about next year. :o

Edited by NT80

Seriously, is height overrated as a college basketball guard? Josh White seemed to do OK at 5-10. Now, as for forward and post, I am greatly concerned about next year. :o

Josh is LISTED at 5-10. He's lucky if he breaks 5-7.

I'd agree that height is overrated for a singular player, but if both guys in your backcourt are under 6" then I'd say you're at quite a disadvantage.

Is this supposed to be a major signing? I'm all for bringing in experienced JUCO guys but shouldn't we be focusing on height??

I'd agree that height is overrated for a singular player, but if both guys in your backcourt are under 6" then I'd say you're at quite a disadvantage.

Is this supposed to be a major signing? I'm all for bringing in experienced JUCO guys but shouldn't we be focusing on height??

We definently needed to address point guard with Ben leaving. Josh is probably capable at the point, but better off the ball, same with Collin...so signing a true 1 was a priority...I just wish it wasnt a JUCO, especially with a prep PG like Cardell McFarland available.

If Johnson is just 1/2 of the package ( no pun intented) with his teammate Malcolm Kirkland also coming , it's a good sign.

Kirkland is just a freshman so he may choose to stay with UAFS to become a starter next season and improve on his 6.6 points and 4.7 rebounds per game.

He is 6'7" 250 and I would take his 3 years of eligibility over the 4 years of any of our freshman prospects...signees included

We definently needed to address point guard with Ben leaving. Josh is probably capable at the point, but better off the ball, same with Collin...so signing a true 1 was a priority...I just wish it wasnt a JUCO, especially with a prep PG like Cardell McFarland available.

Having a 5'8 (White) and 5'10 (Johnson) starting duo is really small......