Recycle Parts Of Fouts ?

greenjoe

Sorry Mag, seems to me it cost the Leander School district , less than $50,000 to purchase the stadium . Do you recall ?

That sounds about right. It is a pretty large structure. Aluminum is a lot more expensive now compared to then as well. I really could see us making more money if we sold that stuff off. As much as I like to dream about us getting a baseball team moving some bleachers across a highway will not get us another girls program added to make it a plausible notion. Sorry guys, but bleachers a very small part of a larger problem, and we could probably use the cash a bit more at the moment.

The heavy duty helicopter lifting the bleachers to the new site and the "green" stadium are excellent ideas.

The helicopter would be expensive, but very fast and would eliminate the problem of complete dissembly of the bleachers to get them under the Interstate.

And the "green" stadium in today's environment, both political and practical, just makes sense. Who wouldn't want to come see a "green" and recycled stadium. ?

Who's a name brand recycle corporation that would like a permanent billboard on two major Interstates ?

Go Green

GO MEAN GREEN

QUOTE(UNTflyer @ Mar 16 2008, 09:05 AM)

Too expensive.

May be but going eco-friedly may get the hippies on campus behind the idea.

Excellent point, NTPhiKap. We need to give many skeptics reasons to get behind this stadium project. Many who no longer (or ever did) consider themselves "hippies", are concerned about the environment. Producing aluminum is very resource intensive.

May be but going eco-friedly may get the hippies on campus behind the idea.

I don't think anything would get the campus hippies behind a football stadium. To them, everything is more important than sports because a lot of them are not sports fans. I don't think spending millions more to build a "Green" stadium would be worth the few converts it would win over. We want to get it built, not design it to be so expensive that it can't be funded.

What do you guys mean? The stadium is already eco friendly "Green". Fouts is just about emission free, has extra wide spaced grand stands for more oxygen for both players and fans, has a small jumbo tron for less energy use. when not in use the stands make a refuge for several varieties of birds, it is painted with Eco friendly paint, and has water-less urinals. Damn, what more do you want???

Just market anything as "green" because it is only a perception not a reality, and everyone is doing it.

Why are you talking about recycling part of a stadium that is still in use and will be for at least another three seasons. NT needs to worry about having money for a stadium, getting plans for a stadium and building a stadium before it worries about what to do with the aluminum bleachers at Fouts Field.

too expesive??

If we go about it the right way and get the national media involved, Im pretty sure that some big electronics company would step up to the plate. (ex. Sony, samsung, olevia)

Why would the nation media care what we build? :blink:

Greenjoe...what do you mean "when you are an old man"...you ARE an old man! :lol: O.K., that's not quite right coming from someone even older...now is it? Just couldn't resist! I stand ready to catch the flack I deserve for this nasty comment! :blink: