Gmc/mean Green Nation Event?

KRAM1

O.K., I wanted to throw this out and see how it goes....Ex-UNT Kicker jason ball now kicks for the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football Leagure...Cleveland plays Dallas in Dallas on April 5th (Saturday) at 7PM at American Airlines Arena. I have been talking with the Dallas folks and they have some nice packages for groups...even to include a room that we could have before the game...a cash bar if we wanted, etc., etc. They would even help with the PR with a little flyer...and the ticket prices would be very nice...room would be in the price of the ticket. We would need at least 50 people to make this work. But, when you think about it, 50 is not THAT many if you count Moms, Dad and kids! Arena Football is a FAMILY FRIENDLY atmosphere these days...in addition, the Dallas folks told us that if we do this we could have access to the field after the game and the kids could get player autographs, etc.

I went to a game to watch Jason last year in Denver (he played for Denver last season) and it was great to see all the kids and families on the field after the game....players stayed out for what seemed forever to sign autographs...I know asI was waiting on Jason to finish so we could go to dinner!!!!!

Would there be any interest in this sort of thing if I were able tyo get it together? I would need some show of interest so i would know if the ticket numbers were there to make it worthwhile. My wife and I are going to the game anyway, but thought it would be a great time to get some of the Mean Green Nation together for a taste of some football and to support a good kid and UNT Alum.

What do you think? Anyone up for it? How many tickets? You can respond here or you can send me a private message...LIke I said I am just looking for a number here...you do not have to buy tickets at this time.

I did talk with Jason yesterday...he had a great opening day game (including 2 field goals...and, if you know Arena Ball...that ain't easy!) in Cleveland's opening game win over NY...said several local folks want to attend the Dallas game...could be fun and a nice MEAN GREEN NATION "activity"....what say you? :thumbsup:

Hope he can get a flight in....

you don't know how true that statement is.........before he changed his name and when he was playing for the mean green I remember he had a certain "episode" on on one of the team flights, old Corbin was quite a handful on and off the field.......

Guest GrayEagleOne

Corbin Epps. Matt Simon, referring to Epps' physique and muscle tone, once said Epps had "muscles in his earlobes".

Funny, so did Corbin Montgomery.

Funny, so did Corbin Montgomery.

Montgomery is his birth name. Epps was the name of the family that adopted him.

It's amazing that Corbin did not end up in the prison system considering how much anger he had toward the system (and I certainly don't blame him for that), and life in general. Many times I observed him during a game, walking back and forth in front of the players sitting on the bench, ranting and raving and challenging them to play with as much intensity as him......or even half as much intensity. He was the Mean Green when he was here.

Gary DeLoach would have loved to have had Corbin on his team, as would Corky Nelson. We should invite him back to give "intensity clinics" in the spring and fall practices.

He played Rb at my high school and he was a mad man... he broke almost every school record and I am pretty sure district records. He was a god around town... I couldn't believe he was playing here when I got to school here I thought he just dropped off the face of the earth. Going from god to sharing spotlight can be tough on some people. Hope he's got it together now.

All this "chit chat" is nice, but no one answered my question...anyone interested in getting a group together for the game on April 5th? I think it would be fun to get a group together, get a meeting room before the game and have some fun as part of the Mean Green nation...and watch Jason Ball play. This Arena League stuff is fun in person...really family friendly too!

So, any takers?