Swstu

Dodge2007

Texas State? I sure that was pure speculation on their board as well a year or so ago.

UNT students need to vote on the stadium issue and see what happens with increased fees. Texas State is going to have to build onto to their existing stadium to get the D-1 minimum number for seats.

Some programs are at least going forward and not stuck in the mud or still pissing in waterless urinals.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sp...14texstate.html

Edited by Dodge2007

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UNT students need to vote on the stadium issue and see what happens with increased fees. Texas State is going to have to build onto to their existing stadium to get the D-1 minimum number for seats.

1. I hope UNT never gives students a vote for anything athletic ever again, just mandate a fee.

2. There is no longer a minimum number of seats to be 1-A.

I guess I am whatever you say I am.

But god forbid that SWSTU out class UNT and beat the Mean Green to a better conference. They already have a nicer stadium, which doesn't say much. But what if they jump in CUSA or if they go independent.

I believe that going independent is better for SWSTU than coming to the Belt.

I guess I am whatever you say I am.

But god forbid that SWSTU out class UNT and beat the Mean Green to a better conference. They already have a nicer stadium, which doesn't say much. But what if they jump in CUSA or if they go independent.

I believe that going independent is better for SWSTU than coming to the Belt.

im confused....you keep calling them SWSTU....I thought they were Texas State...or TSU?

One of the biggest mistakes made around here in the past few years was allowing the students to have a yes or no vote on raising fees for athletics.

Why is that? Is UNT a jazz and music first university.

Or is it because kids at UNT don't give a rats ass about UNT because they consider it a community college? (Or as others refer to as a commuter school)

If the student won't vote for increased fees similar to those student in San Marcos, then Texas State will fly by UNT as did Boise, UCF, USF, Utah, Fresno, Nevada, W. Michigan, C. Michigan, and Cincinnati.

Not including many AA programs with much better facilities.

Edited by Dodge2007

If the student won't vote for increased fees similar to those student in San Marcos, then Texas State will fly by UNT as did Boise, UCF, USF, Utah, Fresno, Nevada, W. Michigan, C. Michigan, and Cincinnati.

Well, if history is any indicator, the students won't vote for increased fees to improve athletics. The question then becomes, Does the administration/B.O.R. sit idly by and let all those schools continue to fly by us as we sink deeper into mediocrity, or do they take the bull by the horns and impose a reasonable fee increase to improve athletics?

My vote for "Most Wise Post in this Thread."

Scotty,

Don't forget about my poster. And Scotty, look for my irresponsible posts and guest column on TY, the number one blog that gets the facts correct on UNT football.

Why am I going on TY, it Aloha baby, it hello and goodbye, it's spin or be spun. It's magic or is it tragic? It's aloha!

Your homie,

Floatie

Edited by nautique

Glad to see you've adopted your new name with ease. You were much easier to break than that stubborn Lavar Burton.

Am I racist if I spit out my drink because of this one?

If so, will voting for Obama fix it?

Scotty,

Don't forget about my poster. And Scotty, look for my irresponsible posts and guest column on TY, the number one blog that gets the facts correct on UNT football.

Why am I going on TY, it Aloha baby, it hello and goodbye, it's spin or be spun. It's magic or is it tragic? It's aloha!

Your homie,

Floatie

Pepper%20Brooks.jpg

Word, Cotton!

Whatever happened to no taxation without representation? It’s absurd to think the students (who will bare the brunt of the costs) shouldn’t have a say on the fees. You would go nuts if your city council doubled your property taxes and didn’t have to be held accountable.

The best way to pay for the new stadium is to have the students vote to continue the fee for the health center to carry to the stadium. This will take care of the long-term dept on the stadium and keep fees the same.

If you want a new stadium so bad, then why don’t you start donating $300 year just like the kids at Texas State.

Whatever happened to no taxation without representation? It’s absurd to think the students (who will bare the brunt of the costs) shouldn’t have a say on the fees. You would go nuts if your city council doubled your property taxes and didn’t have to be held accountable.

The best way to pay for the new stadium is to have the students vote to continue the fee for the health center to carry to the stadium. This will take care of the long-term dept on the stadium and keep fees the same.

If you want a new stadium so bad, then why don’t you start donating $300 year just like the kids at Texas State.

I paid a lot of fees at NT that I never got to vote on.

One has a choice to go to College. One has a choice where they go to College. This isn't a "Taxation without Representation" issue. Students (and Alumni) with degrees from this insitution get a bigger bang for their buck in terms of the visablity of that degree when we have a strong Athletic Program.

Nobody put a gun to ANYONE's head go to UNT. Sorry.

...and most on this board DO ante up and contribute probably the vast majority of what gets contributed (with the exception of the big money doners) so screaming at this group to do more isn't really very constructive.

One has a choice to go to College. One has a choice where they go to College. This isn't a "Taxation without Representation" issue.

Yeah, and those English colonists could have renounced their British citizenship and moved to Canada, no one forced them to be here.

But if they had done that, where would they be now? Speaking French and watching the 2007 Quebecian Curling Championship highlights.... does that sound like any sort of living to you?

Yeah, and those English colonists could have renounced their British citizenship and moved to Canada, no one forced them to be here.

But if they had done that, where would they be now? Speaking French and watching the 2007 Quebecian Curling Championship highlights.... does that sound like any sort of living to you?

It is the tough choices in life...