Rm Is Back As Dc

houstonmeangreen

If TD brings back RM as the DC and we only win 2-3 games next season, because of our defense, should TD be fired because of his poor judgement in bringing RM back as DC, when RM has shown NO improvement from the start to the end of this season, and UNT is the Worse defense in 1A ? Would this point to UNT having made a bad decision in hiring TD? Also, just how stupid is it bringing back RM as DC?

If TD brings back RM as the DC and we only win 2-3 games next season, because of our defense, should TD be fired because of his poor judgement in bringing RM back as DC, when RM has shown NO improvement from the start to the end of this season, and UNT is the Worse defense in 1A ? Would this point to UNT having made a bad decision in hiring TD? Also, just how stupid is it bringing back RM as DC?

True, True and True.

And then the school officials should cancel the football program; and since that will be an admittance of failure they should probably shut down the university at that point.

Let's wait and see...why in the world would you want to start another of the endless "let's fire RM" rants now...I agree...this is not the time. hey, it was a "learning year" for a lot of folks...some fans included...time, my friends, time...I am for giving Coach Dodge the time and folks HE thinks HE NEEDS to win...his job to pick the coaches and the players...let's see how he does in the coming season and years. I for one, think he is well up to the task.

GO MEAN GREEN...

Well TD bringing RM as the DC with no proven experience in such a role was a very bad judgment decision to begin with. His decision to bring back RM as our DC after a worst than disastrous season is even more bizarre.

Bad decisions and judgements, and no successes on the field equals a coach being fired, that is always the case.

Let time run it's course and let's see what happens, if this becomes the case I will certainly have no sympathy for a coach who can realize a problem but refuses to fix it. It waste the time, talent, and money of the university he is employed by.

If the stadium RFQ is any indication how fast this athletic program is wanting to go, I think TD time might be even more limited, as RV might have him on his radar.

Yes I did mean college level.

Well, then, as I said, the same could be said of Todd Dodge and all his offensive coaches (except Leftwich). Todd Dodge has never been a head coach at the college level before this year. He has been head coach of a ludicrously successful Texas 5A high school football program, but so has Ron Mendoza been DC of a ludicrously successful Texas 5A high school football program. If you want to attack Mendoza based on past credentials, you have to discredit Todd Dodge on the same basis.

Let's wait and see...why in the world would you want to start another of the endless "let's fire RM" rants now...I agree...this is not the time. hey, it was a "learning year" for a lot of folks...some fans included...time, my friends, time...I am for giving Coach Dodge the time and folks HE thinks HE NEEDS to win...his job to pick the coaches and the players...let's see how he does in the coming season and years. I for one, think he is well up to the task.

GO MEAN GREEN...

here we go again with the "on the job training" bit.

not sure why anyone thinks UNT is a place where coaches go to learn to coach at the D-1A level. This isn't coaching school. As Dan Hawkins would say, IT'S DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL

Well, then, as I said, the same could be said of Todd Dodge and all his offensive coaches (except Leftwich). Todd Dodge has never been a head coach at the college level before this year. He has been head coach of a ludicrously successful Texas 5A high school football program, but so has Ron Mendoza been DC of a ludicrously successful Texas 5A high school football program. If you want to attack Mendoza based on past credentials, you have to discredit Todd Dodge on the same basis.

Dude, this isn't a thread for something rational like that. This is a "Booooo, RM!" thread posted weeks after the season ended and these threads already came and went.

Dude, this isn't a thread for something rational like that. This is a "Booooo, RM!" thread posted weeks after the season ended and these threads already came and went.

Not really, while Boooooooo RM is right, it is a thread about how responsible is TD for bringing back a failed DC, how likely will there be a call to replace TD with this decision if RM is responsible for a 2-3 win season. To me, this seems like an "all but safe" decision on TD's part....could substantially impact his career.

My MAIN concern :

Is Todd Dodge too loyal to his dear friend , Mr. Mendoza ?? Hell yes.... WE WERE BY FAR THE WORST DEFENSE IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL LAST YEAR ?? Was it the players ?? Some blame on them , maybe a little. The #'s vs. last year however speak for themselves. !!! It was down right EMABARRSING!!! If we put up anywhere close to the same numbers on DEFENSE next year as we did last year through just even the first 4 - 5 games , Mendoza has to go and if TD doesn't have the balls to do it , then he has to go as well. His plan should be simple , make Mendoza LB coach , bring in DeLoach or someone else in as the new DC

If he is this loyal to a friend , how loyal will he be to his OWN SON ??? If he goes with Riley nexy year or even the year after and he struggles , will he pull him for Vizza ?? Common sense would suggest yes , but common sense would also suggest NOT BRINGING back arguably the worst DC performances IN THE HISTORY OF THE NCAA!!!