Dodge And Staff's Recruits

UNTLifer

Dodge and staff signed 19 players on signing day 2007 with the 10 being white, 8 black and 1 hispanic. They signed two players over the summer, Roman and Kaiser, who are both white. The 11 verbals for 2008 are 6 black and 5 white. I state the above because some have made mention that NT will be "lilly white" at the skill positions in 08, or that we are targeting white athletes. I'm sorry, but I just don't see this and don't think race was an issue with Green's discipline on the sideline. If we are "all white" at the skill positions, then that is because the coaches think those players give us the best chance to win and not because of the color of their skin.

Say what you want about NT, but it has celebrated diversity for years and integrated athletically long before any of the SWC schools. I don't know any of the coaches personally, but find it interesting that Dodge and his staff are held in high regard by the HS coaches across this state. I don't think that would be the case if they were racist.

I also don't know Dominique Green and I didn't witness the issue on the sideline, but it appears that he has blown his situation of being disciplined way out of proportion and nobody wins when claims of this nature are made, whether they are true or not.

Edited by UNTLifer

Dodge and staff signed 19 players on signing day 2007 with the 10 being white, 8 black and 1 hispanic. They signed two players over the summer, Roman and Kaiser, who are both white. The 11 verbals for 2008 are 6 black and 5 white.

Why does Dodge hate Asians?

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

I think the color of these players has less to do with some alleged ignorant ideology and more to do with their average income. If you heavily recruit the 'burbs (where Dodge and Co have a lot of connections), you're going to end up with a some white kids.

I dont feel like going through history and explaining the reasons for this phenomenon, as I believe this particular race issue (non issue?) has been firmly beaten into the ground and is causing major power-outages in my skull.

And just so we're all clear, I dont give a damn what color they are- I just want to win.

Edited by Eagle1855

Dodge and staff signed 19 players on signing day 2007 with the 10 being white, 8 black and 1 hispanic.

Why is there not a proportionate representation?

According to the the latest U.S. census bureau statistics, a fair breakdown of 19 players would be:

15.2 Whites

2.7 Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin

2.4 Blacks

0.81 Asians

and

0.19 Native American/Alaskan Natives

We need an investigation of this matter.

Why is there not a proportionate representation?

According to the the latest U.S. census bureau statistics, a fair breakdown of 19 players would be:

15.2 Whites

2.7 Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin

2.4 Blacks

0.81 Asians

and

0.19 Native American/Alaskan Natives

We need an investigation of this matter.

gee....maybe it's because dodge and company are recruiting ATHLETES and not just race!!!!!! ATHLETES WIN AND THAT'S WHAT MATTERS!!!!! quotas do no good when you're trying to win!

gee....maybe it's because dodge and company are recruiting ATHLETES and not just race!!!!!! ATHLETES WIN AND THAT'S WHAT MATTERS!!!!! quotas do no good when you're trying to win!

But all of the good athletes are black. I think I'm starting to see the racist conspiracy for what it is.

If you don't see my sarcasm might I suggest reading more slowly.

If I am Riley, I am getting the hell out of this mess. Playing for your Dad, with all these issues, and then adding a new issue called Nepotism, cannot be worth it.

If I'm Riley, I am headed to anyother D-1 school who will give him a shot to play QB and not list him as an athlete only.

All this crap, can't be worth it. I would never want to see a fine young kid, like Riley, put up with all this BS.

Hell, if Dodge would have stayed at SLC this season, he would have ended up with the SMU job, the facilities and the money. TIMING is a bitch.

If I am Riley, I am getting the hell out of this mess. Playing for your Dad, with all these issues, and then adding a new issue called Nepotism, cannot be worth it.

If I'm Riley, I am headed to anyother D-1 school who will give him a shot to play QB and not list him as an athlete only.

All this crap, can't be worth it. I would never want to see a fine young kid, like Riley, put up with all this BS.

Hell, if Dodge would have stayed at SLC this season, he would have ended up with the SMU job, the facilities and the money. TIMING is a bitch.

So you're not really a Mean Green fan, you're a Dodge Fan? "Timing's a B"?

Dodge and staff signed 19 players on signing day 2007 with the 10 being white, 8 black and 1 hispanic. They signed two players over the summer, Roman and Kaiser, who are both white. The 11 verbals for 2008 are 6 black and 5 white.

Why does Dodge hate Asians?

All we do is play golf, tennis and maybe soccer in college. You know better than that! :P

Riley and Tre are likely not even phased by this adult/child stupidity. Do the homework, sort out the truth, fix the problem and move on with as little fan fare as this board and the media will allow.

Edited by GreenExes

Get off the board to take a break. Not that I haven't learned to absolutely LOVE your posts, but what "crap"? Leave this board, go to the outside world and find me a blip of info about this circumstance linked to from any media outside DFW.

GMG.com can be such drama queen. This is a big deal to US. GOMEANGREEN.COM. But it's because you all have been spinning this into every possible scenario the past few days, while the rest of the world is reading about USC, Bush, and Britney Spears custody battles (I HATE how she's always in my google "popular" news feeds. Get a life people! lol)

Additionally - and I certainly am not trying to be condescending - I'm beginning to think how egocentric (I hope I picked the right term) your basis for opinion/choices are, Mr. Dodge2007...and it seems you think everyone is like that. I'm not saying whether Riley actually is, but he might be one of those "competitive, family" folk that will be all-the-more driven to help his own dad right this ship. So I might rephrase:

If I am Riley, I am getting the hell in there. Playing for your Dad, with all that potential, and then cleaning up that mess and winning conference. It'll be so worth it.
Edited by greenminer

Get off the board to take a break. Not that I haven't learned to absolutely LOVE your posts, but what "crap"? Leave this board, go to the outside world and find me a blip of info about this circumstance linked to from any media outside DFW.

GMG.com can be such drama queen. This is a big deal to US. GOMEANGREEN.COM. But it's because you all have been spinning this into every possible scenario the past few days, while the rest of the world is reading about USC, Bush, and Britney Spears custody battles (I HATE how she's always in my google "popular" news feeds. Get a life people! lol)

Additionally, I'm beginning to see how egocentric (I hope I picked the right term) your basis for opinion/choices are. I'm not saying whether he actually is, but Riley might be one of those "competitive, family" folk that will be all-the-more driven to help his own dad right this ship. So I might rephrase:

Greenminer, I have to agree! A lot of this IS what it IS because the BOARD is making IT just that. STOP!

I probably am missunderstanding this one. Who in there right mind would want the SMU job over UNT? When is the last time they even had a winning season over there?

And....they may just scrap the whole football thing! ;) Pony out!

I always thought SMU could technically say they were past that death penalty, but they can't seem to prove it on the field. Personally, I think it's a shame. They are prime meat for a regional rival.