Dodge Upset With Mendoza

GreenBat

ULM18.jpg

Gary Payne/ Denton Record-Chronicle

Picture #18

University of North Texas head coach Todd Dodge, center, amd defensive coordinator Ron Mendoza exchange words after their 31-21 win against University of Louisiana-Monroe during a college football game at Fouts Field on Saturday, Oct. 13, 2007. North Texas allowed two touchdowns in the last few minutes of the game.

It appears Ron Mendoza pissed in Todges wheaties with the defense allowing two scores and allowing ULM to get back into the game.

Trouble in paradise?

This is a great pic. I love the fact that TD will get in anyones face if he is unhappy with something that they have done. It shows that everyone is accountable. And the fact that TD is doing so on the field may be a big indicator on how TD feels about Mendoza and his performence thus far.

This is a very interesting photo.

We sure are being a little presumptuous. We don't know what he is saying or what context it is in. It could be something good. Dodge could be pumped about the win. The opinion that Dodge is chewing out mendoza is pure speculation.

So true, it could be, "Damn it! For the last time, give him his freaking ball back, Mendoza!"

We sure are being a little presumptuous. We don't know what he is saying or what context it is in. It could be something good. Dodge could be pumped about the win. The opinion that Dodge is chewing out mendoza is pure speculation.

Why do the posters need anything like the facts or more than part of a story to make their minds up and throw stones?

This is a very interesting photo.

Interesting cutline too -- the photographer said they "exchanged words." The fact it's happening right next to the prayer circle indicates Dodge was pretty riled up. That's not normally a place I'd throw down.

I don't want to play guessing games, but it's hard not to connect the dots between that photo and what happened to FFR.

I almost posted this photo earlier, in light of what happened to FFR thinking this was TDs reaction after he caught wind of what might have happened. Of courtse, I do NOT know if this has anything to do with what happened ot FFR, or what the cause of the photo is. It's just pure speculation, and wishful thinking on my part.

One has to wonder though, why the DMN/DRC posted this photo in the "album" of photos available for reader viewing. You'd thik conflicts between coaches and such especially those after hte game during a win would be kept within the team dynamics and ont so much broadcasted for all to see. I would have expected more fron the papers that have a photo such as this (though negative or positive as it may seem) been kept from teh pblic eye. Just my $.02 though.

Edited by jperg2

One has to wonder though, why the DMN/DRC posted this photo in the "album" of photos available for reader viewing. You'd thik conflicts between coaches and such especially those after hte game during a win would be kept within the team dynamics and ont so much broadcasted for all to see. I would have expected more fron the papers that have a photo such as this (though negative or positive as it may seem) been kept from teh pblic eye. Just my $.02 though.

Why would you think that? Newspapers aren't in the business of keeping things out of the public eye. It's a great shot with lots of drama. Practically looks like a publicity photo from Friday Night Lights.

Why would you think that? Newspapers aren't in the business of keeping things out of the public eye. It's a great shot with lots of drama. Practically looks like a publicity photo from Friday Night Lights.

Oh yeah... (lightbulb goes on) what was I thinking... newspapers love a good "in-house" battle between coaches or coaches/players (i.e. Parcells/Owens). I should have reconsidered that statement before letting my fingers do the typing. I'll go back to my morning coffee. ;)

Newspapers are in the business of controversy...it sells papers. A shot of the team all rejoicing at the end of the game whould probably have a tag line like 'despite going 5-0 prior to tonight, the Mean Green celebrate their first victory. The newspapers always love to jab with a negative.

I am not a coach and can't look at defenses and tell you how to adjust one to stop the other team. I can tell by stats as well as how winded the players chasing the other team down the field. It also bothers me when I hear other teams coaches talk about how simple the defensive schemes are and NOT say anything aout the NT players. Mostly same guys as last year. Coach Dodge took a big risk coming to NT. He could have set back and waited for a job within the ranks of a BCS school, and those jobs would have come. At NT he can make a huge statement by bringing this team up to where he knows they can be. Therefore skipping the lower jobs and moving to OC or Head Coach at a bigger program. He can not afford for his staff to make or continue to make big mistakes. I think Coach Dodge is the real deal and would not air dirty laundry in public and right next to the opposing team. The conversation could not have been loud or the ULM players would have been paying attention. Photographs can be misleading, not to say that conversation does not need to take place. Can't wait for the next home game :D

Newspapers are in the business of controversy...it sells papers. A shot of the team all rejoicing at the end of the game whould probably have a tag line like 'despite going 5-0 prior to tonight, the Mean Green celebrate their first victory. The newspapers always love to jab with a negative.

Disagree.

If you want something private, then you don't do it in public - especially not in the middle of a stadium. Anything that happens on that field is fair game for the media.

The photographer got a good photo. They published it. Positive or negative, that's what they do.

Disagree.

If you want something private, then you don't do it in public - especially not in the middle of a stadium. Anything that happens on that field is fair game for the media.

The photographer got a good photo. They published it. Positive or negative, that's what they do.

Exactly. "IF" TD is upset with Mendoza it would have been better to take it inside behind closed doors. Unless it was something really big I'm thinking it looks much worse than it is. Dodge doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to blow up in that situation.

I debated on posting the photo since it would look as I was saying something against Coach Mendoza. That is not the case. I just thought it was interesting that the HC found it necessary to "exchange words" with the DC after a win where the Defense played its best game. And it was on the field RIGHT AFTER THE GAME. Again I ask Trouble in paradise?

That smells of tabloid headlines. That's not cool especially considering the circumstances of the picture are not known. That's pretty cheap. I know there are people upset with the D and maybe even with Mendoza personally, but this is a little over the line unless you know what is being said.