Vizza Is The Starter Next Week - Bet On It

UNTflyer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we may lose the all the rest, and we all knew that.

At least the freshman QB is getting experience

I thought the learning curve was with the O. They really have not played that bad this year.

It's the D--mostly secondary that is consistantly out of position to make plays.

I thought the learning curve was with the O. They really have not played that bad this year.

It's the D--mostly secondary that is consistantly out of position to make plays.

The O-Line looked really bad tonight

Are you for @#$%ing real?!?!?!?!?!

What difference does the Freshman getting experience make if the Defense is not improving?!?!

I am 100% with Rick here. I don't give a crap who we're playing in the pocket. Vizza exhibited EVERY PROBLEM people on this board beat on Meager about, yet we're having a love fest with this guy. I'm not against him, it's really the same deal no matter which QB you play, so I don't think it matters, and neither of these guys will be QB next year... BET THE FARM ON IT.

So that brings us back to the REAL problem. If we had a halfway decent defense, we'd be 3 and 2 and would be in the hunt for the Conf. crown RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! The Offense has done as great a job at this point in the development of this new system as anyone could be asking them to. The D is TERRIBLE.

...and the PROBLEM IS NOT THE PLAYERS. Dodge is proving his Offensive system is going to work here, but this Mendoza guy, I'm sorry, HAS GOT TO GO!!! No, I'm not going to give him any more time. This is just pathetic. We played a more complex defense in Jr. High for the love of God.

Our Offense is way better this. I am happy about that but I get a real sick felling in my stomach to see our defense try to play. agree with KingDL1, happy to see Vizza get playing time and build his experience up.

I have to agree. If I am going to watch a loss (which we won't win any with this defense) then give me Vizza at the QB position. If you can't see the difference in the two QB's it's too bad, because it is pretty obvious. As Stebo said earlier tonight - we have seen what Meager can do, and it is not good enough.

Are you for @#$%ing real?!?!?!?!?!

What difference does the Freshman getting experience make if the Defense is not improving?!?!

I am 100% with Rick here. I don't give a crap who we're playing in the pocket. Vizza exhibited EVERY PROBLEM people on this board beat on Meager about, yet we're having a love fest with this guy. I'm not against him, it's really the same deal no matter which QB you play, so I don't think it matters, and neither of these guys will be QB next year... BET THE FARM ON IT.

So that brings us back to the REAL problem. If we had a halfway decent defense, we'd be 3 and 2 and would be in the hunt for the Conf. crown RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! The Offense has done as great a job at this point in the development of this new system as anyone could be asking them to. The D is TERRIBLE.

...and the PROBLEM IS NOT THE PLAYERS. Dodge is proving his Offensive system is going to work here, but this Mendoza guy, I'm sorry, HAS GOT TO GO!!! No, I'm not going to give him any more time. This is just pathetic. We played a more complex defense in Jr. High for the love of God.

You speak like our D is full of studs it is not!

The team is building and will be for the next 4 years, so yes the freshman getting experience matters greatly.

The O-Line looked really bad tonight

Yeah, they did.

And don't forget this fantastic offense everyone keeps talking about has turned the ball over 10 times in our 3 winnable games vs. SMU, FAU, and ULL, and is pretty far to the bottom of the barrell in every category but passing yards (note that that includes SCORING, which is what good teams do when they get a 1st down near the opponent's 30-yd line).

But yeah, this D is certainly worse. Maybe if they keep changing the SCHEME (everyone's favorite term now that they've been deputized as coaches) every week, they won't look nearly as lost on defense... maybe.

Vizza is a TRUE freshman making his first start. That was a pretty damn good performance overall. He gained confidence as the game went on and showed leadership skills that are sorely needed right now. Congrats to Vizza. You should be pretty proud of that performance, which was good enough to win.

Vizza will cut down on the turnovers as time goes on, which is why he needs to be playing now.

On the other hand, you have to agree with Rick that we won't win until the D shapes up.

Get real guys.

Nobody is saying the Offense is perfect, but the Defense is TOTALLY INEPT. COMPLETELY.

...and King - this had better not be a 4 year building process... We should be in the hunt for the Conf. Title RIGHT NOW... or at very least by next year.

"Vizza exhibited EVERY PROBLEM people on this board beat on Meager about,"

Not true. Vizza showed more leadership. And, I think he runs the running part of the spread better (those option dives, or whatever they are called).

I am not trying to bash Meager. And, I was not one that was calling for his benching. But, I was really happy with what I saw from Vizza tonight. And, he will get better.

Vizza is a TRUE freshman making his first start. That was a pretty damn good performance overall. He gained confidence as the game went on and showed leadership skills that are sorely needed right now. Congrats to Vizza. You should be pretty proud of that performance, which was good enough to win.

Vizza will cut down on the turnovers as time goes on, which is why he needs to be playing now.

On the other hand, you have to agree with Rick that we won't win until the D shapes up.

No better than Meager IMO. It still makes no difference. 4 turnovers in a half.

Get real guys.

Nobody is saying the Offense is perfect, but the Defense is TOTALLY INEPT. COMPLETELY.

...and King - this had better not be a 4 year building process... We should be in the hunt for the Conf. Title RIGHT NOW... or at very least by next year.

I think we will be in the hunt next year, but the question is two years ago we got a record score hung on us by Tulsa at home, and last year the MUTs killed us. I have not seen a good defense here in three years so I can't figure out why anyone thinks we had a defense going into this season.

Edited by KingDL1

I think we will be in the hunt next year, but the question is two years ago we got a record score hung on us by Tulsa at home, and the year the MUTs killed us. I have not seen a good defense here in three years so I can't figure out why anyone thinks we had a defense going into this season.

well, we certainly didn't think we'd have the worst in the nation.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

What a bunch of insanity. We just lost to the second worst team in Division 1. The green koolade must be VERY powerful. It so dulls the senses that you can try to dissect mud.

Seriously? You really didn't see a difference in Vizza? Sure he had first game jitters, but the guy got better as the game went on. Dodge said after the game he knew he would have jitters early, but he got better and he said tonight, that the coaching staff felt that Vizza is their best option (or something of the sort).

The difference is that Vizza got stronger has the game went on. And, he never had that "deer in the headlights" look.

It was his very first full college game. If you take out the first 3 or 4 drives, he played a really good game.