Dodge Media Conference On Monday

newuntfan07

Here's what screwy about the Vizza Cultists:

They say they "trust Todd Dodge's judgement" etc. But, when he won't put in the QB who keeps throwing inteceptions for touchdowns against scout teamers, they're mad. Because Dodge won't put in a guy who can't even complete 50% of his passes against scout teamers and walk on during blowouts, they're miffed.

Get real, Vizza Cultists. He hasn't done anything to show he can do the job from snap one of a ball game. If anything, he's proven he needs to be right where he is - on the bench.

If Dodge was seeing something different, he'd start Vizza. But, he's not. He's been a coach for a long time. He sees the two guys every day in practice. He knows - you don't.

If you really trust Todd Dodge's judgement, quit your Meager bashing and shut the f up.

Whiney babies.

When's the last time Meager's done crap? Who led the two scoring drives against OU and Arkansas? Go ahead fall back to Meager's SMU stats, their secondary looked like a high school's. How about his completion percentage of 63.5? Well all he throws are freaking screen passes that an eighth grade QB could complete. His large number of passing yards come from the receivers running the ball.

Vizza makes things happen. Meager just loses the game in the second half and throws 3 interceptions. And as far as Dodge, I don't know what the hell he is thinking. I think his panties are in a bunch over his own college experience. Why in the hell do you put Meager back in after half when Vizza has the momentum?

Vizza already looks better than Meager and he doesn't even have the experience. I want to see him play against a team that we have a chance against. Lonnie, you can't tell me you don't get fired up when he puts a hit on the defensive man going for the tackle. Or maybe you prefer the cowardly run out of bounds before anyone touches me method. Don't settle for mediocrity because it's easy. And as far as the Vizza Cult, I'd rather be part of it than the Dan Wagon anyday.

Next time you post, try defending your argument or you could try making one. Instead you just whined like a hypocrite. My advice to you: When it's that time of the month again, stay away from the forum.

When's the last time Meager's done crap? Who led the two scoring drives against OU and Arkansas? Go ahead fall back to Meager's SMU stats, their secondary looked like a high school's. How about his completion percentage of 63.5? Well all he throws are freaking screen passes that an eighth grade QB could complete. His large number of passing yards come from the receivers running the ball.

Vizza makes things happen. Meager just loses the game in the second half and throws 3 interceptions. And as far as Dodge, I don't know what the hell he is thinking. I think his panties are in a bunch over his own college experience. Why in the hell do you put Meager back in after half when Vizza has the momentum?

Vizza already looks better than Meager and he doesn't even have the experience. I want to see him play against a team that we have a chance against. Lonnie, you can't tell me you don't get fired up when he puts a hit on the defensive man going for the tackle. Or maybe you prefer the cowardly run out of bounds before anyone touches me method. Don't settle for mediocrity because it's easy. And as far as the Vizza Cult, I'd rather be part of it than the Dan Wagon anyday.

Next time you post, try defending your argument or you could try making one. Instead you just whined like a hypocrite. My advice to you: When it's that time of the month again, stay away from the forum.

Wow...straight out of the womb with balls the size of grapefruits...well put and welcome to the board

I love you....

But that kind of attitude of wanting to win this year does not support the best long term plan for the univrsity. Hells bells, Dodge didn't come here to win the games he should... he came to win the games he shouldn't. In fact, winning out this year would be a failure because it would lead to bowl revenue, increase the fan base, make the program more marketable, make the coach look better, sell recruits and make us all feel better about ourselves.

Did you know that some coaches did not always win games certain years, but have had very good careers based on other seasons? Sure, we could possibly be 2-2 with Vizza and a D but that is short term thinking. If we had a shot at a conference title, fans would think we have arrived and stop worrying about OOC games and a new stadium. They will revel in the falsehood of this victory like the Israelites in the story of Exodus around the Golden Calf while Moses is away. Beware the false idol of winning conference games!!!

I for one am glad we are finally seeing the big picture. If you don't agree with me, you don't understand football. And you wear tampons.

Because Dodge won't put in a guy who can't even complete 50% of his passes against scout teamers and walk on during blowouts, they're miffed.

Isn't that what Nurudeen is as one of our top corners? Those Big 12 and SEC walkons are way ahead of the garbage SMU put on the field. If you dispute that, you haven't attended the games.

Get real, Vizza Cultists. He hasn't done anything to show he can do the job from snap one of a ball game. If anything, he's proven he needs to be right where he is - on the bench.

He hasn't been given the opportunity from the start of the game, otherwise you might have no argument at all. Give Vizza a chance against the Sunbelt or subpar CUSA teams a la SMU.

If Dodge was seeing something different, he'd start Vizza. But, he's not. He's been a coach for a long time. He sees the two guys every day in practice. He knows - you don't.

If Meager played like he practices we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Meager can't perform when he gets pressure, he has shown this time and time again. The freshman at least steps up in the pocket to make a play and isn't afraid to take a hit.

you can't tell me you don't get fired up when he puts a hit on the defensive man going for the tackle. Or maybe you prefer the cowardly run out of bounds before anyone touches me method. Don't settle for mediocrity because it's easy.

I don't want my quarterback putting hits on or getting hit by anyone. While I like a quarterback that doesn't mind getting hit, I want my quarterback being smart and NOT getting hit. That's not cowardly, that's intelligent.

There is a word for quarterbacks that are involved in lots of hits: injured.

NOTE to all: Meager is the starter. He will be the starter the rest of the season. Make arguments for, get ticked off all you want, make arguments for Vizza all you want, but the start is and will be Meager the rest of the season.

Dodge has not said Meager would be the starter the rest of the season. He may end up being the starter the rest of the season but a coach really can't say that, even he doesn't know how things will play out. From two different media writers TD did say Vizza would not be scheduled to play like he was against Arkansas but could see action as warranted. They want to play him since they burned his redshirt but only in the right situations for now. Perhaps more later?

Edited by NT80

I have no idea if Vizza would give us a better chance to win now, but if Coach Dodge believes that Vizza's development is better served by not starting now, then that is the correct decision. And there is no doubt that Coach Dodge is the best person to make that decision.

My thoughts exactly. Vizza appears to have tremendous potential, but I don't think we've seen enough to warrant a QB change at this point in the season. I'd have much less respect for TD if he changed starters right now. I think his players would to.

Edited by SLCoutsider

Guest 97and03

While I disagree with the rather agressive manner of his delivery, I agree with Fake Lonnie on this point:

After just four games, I have no reason to not trust the coaches to distribute playing time.

I have no idea if Vizza would give us a better chance to win now, but if Coach Dodge believes that Vizza's development is better served by not starting now, then that is the correct decision. And there is no doubt that Coach Dodge is the best person to make that decision.

One reason to think that Dodge might make a switch at some point is the decision that went into naming Meager the starter in the first place. To quote the DRC article posted earlier today:

"Meager and Vizza battled all through fall workouts for the starting job before Dodge made the decision to start Meager on what he said was the last possible date to make a choice. "

If they were that close to each other in the workouts and it was that difficult of a decision, why wouldn't a change be possible? That above statement says to me that Coach Dodge saw these two QBs on an approximately equal level. After seeing his starter (arguably) lose a couple of games that were winnable, why would Dodge not re-evaluate the position? It seems logical to me that Vizza was not redshirted precisely for this reason. They were almost too close to call, so why not have the freshman available and getting some playing time in D1, just in case a change was needed.

My assumption is that playing or starting Vizza would not be an act of desperation, but a measure adaptation to changing circumstances. I don't believe that he is intentionally holding Vizza out to protect him. Quite the contrary. If that was the case, he would not have activated the player. He intended to play him. My guess is that if the coach determines that the conditions warrant the change, it will be made.

Edited by 97and03

Hooray, Vizza Cultists! Keep it coming.

We trust Dodge! Dodgeball! Todge! TD! Wee-hee! The new offense is great! Just change to the quarterback who can't complete most of his passes against walk-ons.

Please.

The only things you should want Dodge to focus on at this point are fixing the defense and special teams. Fortunately, he knows that. If only his fanbase did. They're stuck in QB talk, even after he, their trusted new hire, has repeatedly said publicly Meager is the starter.

At this point, if Dodge should do anything with Vizza it would be to move him to cornerback to see if he can cover. Or, send him back to return punts and kicks to see if maybe he will the one who actually fields a kick and runs with it.

[Jerry Seinfield voice]Start the QB who throws interceptions to and gets sacked for safeties by walk-ons and scout teamers...pluhleeze![/Jerry Seinfield voice]

The only things you should want Dodge to focus on at this point are fixing the defense and special teams. Fortunately, he knows that.

This is exactly what I can agree with. We can all agree to disagree on the Vizza-Meager situation ...it is not nearly as important as figuring out how to fix this defense and sorting out the special teams.

No, you can put me as the sponsor of the "Lonnie eats sh*t diet program." All of your posts are just like your diet.

As long as whatever I'm eating doesn't make me as willingly blind to truth as you are, it's all good.

Also, your diet seems to have given you poor manners and a bad disposition. I suggest more fiber, a can of Pepsi, and a slice of pecan pie.

Finally, while we're discussing football, and you're stuck on childhood fart humor, you can sort of combine the two. Follow me closely, or find someone who can read and write English to do it for you:

Click this link, http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guid...7977&sr=8-2 , order the book, and put it in your bathroom to read a few hours after you have taken up my "more fiber" suggestions from above.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

I started a simple thread that led to all of this.

I get tired of hearing about the offense, the lack of production and consistency of the offense, QB play, lack of WR play, etc. when the whole purpose of the thread was that their was not one mention in the press conference coverage about the defense. No one want to challenge Dodge on his defense. It is his defense, itsn't it?

Our 4-3 scheme is and our mutliple blitz packages are so basic. But no one has even challenged Dodge on that. All they call for is the head of Mendoza. Does Dodge not have any responsibilty?

Our 4-3 scheme is and our mutliple blitz packages are so basic.

Alright, let's talk about it. What are we doing that is so basic? What would you like to see put in that is complicated? Are these schemes sound (all gaps accounted for, all option responsibilities accounted for, all pass coverage areas accounted for)?

Hooray, Vizza Cultists! Keep it coming.

We trust Dodge! Dodgeball! Todge! TD! Wee-hee! The new offense is great! Just change to the quarterback who can't complete most of his passes against walk-ons.

Please.

The only things you should want Dodge to focus on at this point are fixing the defense and special teams. Fortunately, he knows that. If only his fanbase did. They're stuck in QB talk, even after he, their trusted new hire, has repeatedly said publicly Meager is the starter.

At this point, if Dodge should do anything with Vizza it would be to move him to cornerback to see if he can cover. Or, send him back to return punts and kicks to see if maybe he will the one who actually fields a kick and runs with it.

[Jerry Seinfield voice]Start the QB who throws interceptions to and gets sacked for safeties by walk-ons and scout teamers...pluhleeze![/Jerry Seinfield voice]

You see, this is why I love you FakeAss Lonnie Finch. Regardless of the truth, even when it's pointed out to you in the same thread, you continue with whatever makes your point seem valid. Meager played the first four possessions against the first team defense. Vizza played the next four possessions against THE FIRST TEAM DEFENSE. Meager moved the ball nowhere in particular...Vizza moved the ball forward. Against OU and Arkansas Vizza is responsible for 14 points for the opposition because of interceptions returned for touchdowns. Wow, that would be a scary stat were he not also responsible for 17 NT points...and it should be 20 if Moreland hits a chip shot field goal. I know that this statistic isn't relevant to you in your crusade for ignorance since Meager has produced a grand total of zero points against these two teams. Not to worry, you can always fall back on a stellar performance against an SMU secondary that is perhaps worse than ours. You know, that same SMU team that boasts wins against....uhhhhhh nobody....except us. And here's another nugget to chew on. Vizza's most recent interception was returned 100 yards for a touchdown. Why is this relevant? Oh I don't know, probably because you have to CLOSE to the other team's endzone for this to happen. So I guess in a way you are right. We should be content with a quarterback who can protect the ball while going three and out....wait, nevermind, he can only do this is the game isn't in the balance. Otherwise he throws into double and triple coverage.

Now mapologize for wasting our time. I will accept your mapology and give you a "Vizza Cult" t-shirt to wear proudly. Or, if you want, Lera just might have a thong in your size.