Tank Johnson To Dallas

The Cowboys are not only going to win the NFC East they are going to be super bowl contenders.

Redskins suck

The first statement makes me wonder if you're a fool.

The second confirms that you are one!

Hail to the Redskins!!!

Alright!!!!!!!!!! GreenBat found another skin fan. They do exist dorothy!

As for Tank, I'm having a hard time understanding what's suppose to be so freaking bad about him? Other than the night he was out with his body guard friend at the nightclub and the friend got shot? That was I suppose making a bad decision to be out late and in the wrong place and all. But the gun charges? It was a fluke that the unregistered guns were even found in his apartment, they were found due to a search in relation to the death of his friend. I'm just wondering if this was a state thing? Had he been in Texas instead of Illinois would the possession of unregistered guns be any violation at all? Lots of people have guns that are not registered, especially if you purchase them from another non licensed dealer? Just curious. People are throwing him under the bus and he's yet to show to be lazy, or a theif or a coke head like the one that just recently got into the Hall of Fame?

Rick

Alright!!!!!!!!!! GreenBat found another skin fan. They do exist dorothy!

As for Tank, I'm having a hard time understanding what's suppose to be so freaking bad about him? Other than the night he was out with his body guard friend at the nightclub and the friend got shot? That was I suppose making a bad decision to be out late and in the wrong place and all. But the gun charges? It was a fluke that the unregistered guns were even found in his apartment, they were found due to a search in relation to the death of his friend. I'm just wondering if this was a state thing? Had he been in Texas instead of Illinois would the possession of unregistered guns be any violation at all? Lots of people have guns that are not registered, especially if you purchase them from another non licensed dealer? Just curious. People are throwing him under the bus and he's yet to show to be lazy, or a theif or a coke head like the one that just recently got into the Hall of Fame?

Rick

Rick If your a SKINS fan I like u even more now.. I can understand someone having guns for those who like to hunt or even a 9 at home for protection , but assault rifles ???

In November 2005, Johnson was arrested at the Excalibur nightclub in Chicago's Cook County for possession of a handgun in his sport utility vehicle. Illinois law dictates that "It is unlawful to carry or possess any firearm in any vehicle or concealed on or about the person, except on one’s land or in one’s abode or fixed place of business."[9] Illinois and Wisconsin are the only U.S. states that do not issue Concealed Carry Permits. Johnson pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge and was sentenced to 18 months probation and 40 hours of community service.[10] On February 12, 2006, Johnson, while still on probation, was charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest after allegedly verbally threatening a police officer. Johnson was leaving Level Nightclub on Chicago's Rush Street when the police officer was ticketing a limousine driver whom Johnson had hired. As Johnson allegedly put up a struggle, he was maced and subdued with the help of other police officers. The charges were eventually dropped.[11]

180px-Tank-mug.jpg magnify-clip.pngJohnson's mugshot from his arrest.On December 14, 2006, Lake County police officers searched Johnson's home in Gurnee, Illinois, and allegedly discovered that he possessed six firearms, including two assault rifles. According to police reports, some of the guns were loaded and there were children in the house. [12] Although Johnson was at football practice during the search, his bodyguard William Posey was arrested from his house for alleged possession of marijuana. Johnson was charged with violation to probation and possessing unlicensed weapons. Bears coach Lovie Smith deactivated Johnson for the following game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers based on this incident.[13]

On December 16, 2006, Johnson's best friend and bodyguard William Posey was killed in a shooting at the Ice Bar in Chicago's River North neighborhood. Posey was shot after he was allegedly involved in a fight around midnight. Posey was rushed to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 1:30am. Posey's assailant was not apprehended by the police.[14] On December 28, Chicago Police apprehended Michael Selvie, Posey's alleged assailant. Selvie, a "reputed gang member" has been implicated in over 30 other crimes. However, Selvie's defense attorney claims that Selvie does not posses a firearm or any gang affiliations. If found guilty, Selvie will face charges of first degree murder.[15]

On December 22, 2006, Cook County Circuit Judge John J. Moran, Jr. (Skokie courthouse, Second District, Cook County, Illinois) placed Johnson on home confinement, preventing him from driving by himself or leaving the state of Illinois.[16] On February 8, 2007, Johnson entered a guilty plea in Cook County's Courthouse in Skokie for violating his probation.[17] On March 15, 2007, Johnson was sentenced to a 120 days in prison (Cook County Jail) and fined $2,500 for violating his probation. [18] On February 17, 2007, Johnson's lawyer contested a Lake County Circuit Court to drop Johnson's unlicensed weapons charges. His attorney claimed that since Johnson is a resident of Arizona, he does not have to abide to gun registration laws of Illinois.[19] Johnson entered a plea of not guilty on 10 counts of possessing a weapon without the proper state-required ID. [20] On December 30, 2006, Tank Johnson contacted Gurnee Police Department to file harassment charges. [21] Local youths left a toilet seat with a harassing message on his doorstep. Local news reported that the police did not disclose what the message on the garbage can said [22] Other sources claim that "Nice Job Tank" was written on the seat. The seat had been duct-taped to a garbage can filled with excrement.

On April 30, Johnson pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor weapons charge as part of an arrangement with prosecutors that will keep him from serving additional jail time. He was sentenced to 45 days in jail, which will be served concurrently with a four-month sentence he's already serving in the Cook County Jail for violating his probation; to donate $2,500 to the Gurnee Police Department and $2,500 to the Gurnee Exchange Club's child abuse prevention program.[23] While he was in jail, many of his teammates and coaches, including Brian Urlacher, Rex Grossman, and Lovie Smith visited Johnson.[24] His release from jail on May 13 ended his legal problems from the December 2006 weapons incident.[25] The league ultimately suspended Johnson for half of the regular season on June 4.[26]. However, he will have the opportunity to reduce the sentence to six games if he complies with Commissioner Goodell's guidelines of behavior, which include going to counseling.

On June 22, Johnson was pulled over for speeding in Gilbert, Arizona. According to the police, he was stopped by after driving forty miles per hour in a twenty-five mile per hour zone. He was also suspected of driving while impaired "to the slightest degree", but was released without being booked or charged. The Bears waived Johnson a few days after hearing the news, as general manager Jerry Angelo stated that he had no room for error left. [27] The incident would prove to be the final straw in his already tense relationship with the Bears' organization. The Bears ultimately released Johnson on June 25, claiming he "compromised the credibility" of the team.[28] Almost a week after Johnson was waived, the results from a blood test conducted on Johnson when he was pulled over confirmed his blood alcohol content was under the legal limit. [29]

--Obviously he is no saint but I agree with Rick that he is not THAT bad either. He likely did not know Illinois law about gun possession or registration and never checked.. If having a gun in a car was illegal here then I am a hardened criminal because I grew up with one in my vehicle (we had cattle and snakes). If he is from Arizona he likely had no idea the law was that different. I see the aggravated assault charges were dropped and the "assault " was verbal not physical. I don't own or like assault weapons but I know of people who own them here in Texas and have them in their homes. 40 mph in a 25 mph zone...how often do I see that happen every day. His drunk driving charge was bogus because he was under the legal limit. The murder situation is bad but he apparnetly did nothing illegal.... just guilty of bad judgement of being present. I think Chicago over-reacted because of the Pacman Jones situation.

---Sounds like he is bit stupid and very unlucky..... and not really an outlaw. I do not see that he is guilty of any violent act or theft. He may be a better guy than some of these tele-evangelists (con men) that constantly rip people off and have all sorts of morality problems....

• Upvote 1

His attorney claimed that since Johnson is a resident of Arizona, he does not have to abide to gun registration laws of Illinois.[19]

Claiming ignorance to the gun laws of another state is one thing; saying flat out that you don't have to obey the laws of the state in which you work is, to quote The Tasty Greek, "one of the most moronic statements I have ever heard."

Jerry Jones is up to his old tricks...the only upside to this signing from a Cowboys fan's standpoint is that Jones did not give Johnson a signing bonus, or tie up any significant future money in this transaction. If he turns out to be the second coming of Charles Haley, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, but it looks more to me like he could be the second coming of Demetrius Underwood.

Meanwhile, Johnson has six more weeks to kill before he can practice with his new teammates...forgive me for expressing concern for the after-hours crowds in the Dallas area between now and then...

If he has guns so be it but he obviously has knack for looking for trouble or at least letting trouble find him. I have more of a problem with loaded guns being left out in the open with little kids running around. does noone have an issue with this? That is plain irresponsible and negligent. :blink:

I'm just having fun now since I'm a REDKSINs FAN

"Tank" Johnson In Trouble with the Law Again Like Frank "the Tank" in OId School, the Bears' "Tank" Johnson just never learns that there comes a time to tone it down a bit. The Bears defensive lineman was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest early Sunday morning.

2006_02_sports_tank_johnson.jpg

According to the police report, Johnson was arrested near the Level night club around 3:45am when an officer attempted to issue a citation to Johnson because a limo he'd hired was obstructing traffic.

Johnson said what are probably the words least likely thing to get you out of a ticket when he informed the cop, "You ain't the only one with a Glock. If it wasn't for your gun and your badge, I'd kick your ass."

A struggle ensued when the officer tried to arrest Tank, and the officer sprayed him with Mace and required the assistance of other cops to finally overpower and cuff him. Because of injuried suffered during the struggle, Johnson spent part of Sunday getting an MRI after being released from jail.

Amazingly, Johnson was not charged with any weapons violations Sunday. Guess he was bluffing about having a Glock. Was it left in the limo and the cops didn't search for weapons? Was he smart enough to leave it at home? Because he wasn't smart enough to leave the dangerous toys at home last June, leading to an arrest outside Excalibur for carrying a concealed Ruger 9mm handgun under the seat of his SUV.

He eventually plead guilty to a misdemeanor stemming from that arrest and is currently on probation. No word yet on whether his arrest this weekend violated terms of his probation and could land him in some real hot water.

Chicagoist has a feeling this won't be the last time that the Chicago police and Tank Johnson have a difference of opinion. Anyone want to make a prediction of the crime and cheesy nightclub that'll be the scene of the next Tank Johnson run-in? Chicagoist predicts assult and battery after hitting a patron at the Leg Room.

Edited by NT03

I'm just having fun now since I'm a REDKSINs FAN
You must be proud of your best player then...

[edit] DUI arrest

On October 27, 2004, Taylor was arrested at 2:45am for allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol following a birthday party for former Redskins' receiver Rod Gardner. A Fairfax County, Virginia judge later acquitted Taylor of the charges in March 2005, after viewing a videotape of Taylor's roadside sobriety tests that, according to the judge, failed to demonstrate obvious intoxication. Taylor was, however, convicted for refusing to take a blood alcohol test requested of him by a Virginia state police officer. However, when this case was heard on appeal in March 2005, Taylor was acquitted of refusing to take a BAC test, due to lack of probable cause for the request.

Hmmm...a dropped DUI...sounds familiar. Oh yeah, that's what you were making fun of Tank Johnson for.

Legal trouble

[edit]DUI arrest

On October 27, 2004, Taylor was arrested at 2:45am for allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol following a birthday party for former Redskins' receiver Rod Gardner. A Fairfax County, Virginia judge later acquitted Taylor of the charges in March 2005, after viewing a videotape of Taylor's roadside sobriety tests that, according to the judge, failed to demonstrate obvious intoxication. Taylor was, however, convicted for refusing to take a blood alcohol test requested of him by a Virginia state police officer. However, when this case was heard on appeal in March 2005, Taylor was acquitted of refusing to take a BAC test, due to lack of probable cause for the request.

[edit] Missing 2005 Redskins mini-camp

In May, 2005, Taylor, seeking a new contract with the Redskins, was the only Redskin who refused to appear for a Redskins' training mini-camp. Redskins coach Joe Gibbs acknowledged that the Redskins had had no contact with Taylor since he returned to Miami in January, 2005, and that he had failed to return repeated phone calls to him by Gibbs and other Redskins' coaching staff. Despite his legal and other difficulties, though, Gibbs has defended the drafting of Taylor, calling the preparation that went into his selection one of the "most researched things in the history of sports."

Taylor's agent is fellow University of Miami alumnus Drew Rosenhaus, widely considered one of the most aggressive agents currently representing NFL players. Rosenhaus currently is representing Taylor in his efforts to renegotiate his existing Redskins' contract.

[edit] Arrested for armed assault

Events:

On June 3, 2005, Taylor was named publicly as a "person of interest" by Miami-Dade County police in regard to a Miami assault case involving firearms, and was being sought for questioning. "We need to speak to him, we don't know if he's a victim, witness or suspect," Miami-Dade police spokesman Mary Walters said. Taylor allegedly was present at, and possibly involved in, an incident on June 1, 2005 in Miami, in which bullets allegedly were fired into a stolen vehicle.

On June 5, 2005, ESPN and The Miami Herald both reported that Taylor, accompanied by his lawyer, surrendered to Miami-Dade police at approximately 10pm ET on June 4 at Miami's Cutler Ridge district police station, where he was transported to Miami's Turner Guilford Knight correctional facility. He was charged with aggravated assault with a firearm, a felony, and misdemeanor battery.

On June 5, Miami-Dade police issued a statement indicating that Taylor had been arrested for aggravated assault with a firearm (a felony) and battery (a misdemeanor), for allegedly pointing a gun at a person over a dispute over two ATVs that Taylor claimed were stolen. Taylor then allegedly left the scene, but returned shortly and punched one person.

The Associated Press reported on June 5 that Taylor was held in detention at Miami's Turner Gilford Knight correctional facility and released the evening of June 4 after posting bond of $16,500. The Miami-Dade County Clerk's Office announced that Taylor would soon be officially arraigned on the charges.

The Washington Post reported on March 3, 2006 that Taylor's trial has been postponed until April 10, 2006. Days before that date, the trial was moved back once more, this time by a week, because of conflicts with Passover and Easter celebrations.

[edit] Plea agreement and resolution

On January 28, 2006, the Miami-Dade County prosecutor announced that he was filing new charges against Taylor, which would have increased his potential maximum jail time from 16 years to 46 years.

The new charges include increasing his felony assault charges from one to three, which reflects the allegation that, on June 1, 2005, he brandished a firearm at three individuals who Taylor believed stole two all-terrain vehicles from him.

The trial was again postponed on April 17, 2006 (to May 8, 2006), after the prosecutor in the case asked the presiding judge to be removed from the case. The County prosecutor's request for removal from the case came as Taylor's defense lawyers argued that the prosecutor was using the case to promote his side-work as a disc jockey in South Beach. Defense lawyers for Taylor have entered a motion for the case's complete dismissal, due to prosecutorial misconduct.

On May 8, 2006, the prosecution requested and received yet another extension of the case, citing the new prosecutor assigned to the case and a need for additional preparation time. It was scheduled to begin July 10, 2006 in Miami. On June 2, 2006, however, the charges against Taylor were dropped as part of a negotiated plea bargain. Taylor will donate his time to various charities and make $1,000 donations to 10 southern Florida schools in scholarships and, in exchange, will avoid jail time and a felony record.

Yep, those Cowboys and their thugs. Completely different than the choirboys the Redskins suit up every week.

Yep, those Cowboys and their thugs. Completely different than the choirboys the Redskins suit up every week.

Feel free to go back over the past 15 years and compare how many arrest / law trouble the Cowboys have had in comparison to the Redskins

Edited by NT03

I'll let you do that if it means that much to you.

As many players as there are on an NFL team, you will get bad apples. Every team has them. You can't act like your team is a bunch of good guys and the other team is a bunch of hardend (for you Quoner) criminals. Unless you are talking about the Bengals.

Feel free to go back over the past 15 years and compare how many arrest / law trouble the Cowboys have had in comparison to the Redskins

NT03,

That would actually take some work from Cowboy fans, that would take away from them blindly following their team.

Two of the douchiest fan bases in the league having a mass circle jerk over a player who won't play for 6 more games?

sign me up!!!!

I don't give a crap about Tank Johnson. He will have served his 8-game suspension and I hope he's in the lineup and plays when the Cowboys play the Redskins. I don't want the whiny-ass Cowboy fans making excuses for the Redskins kicking their Arses twice this year.

I don't give a crap about Tank Johnson. He will have served his 8-game suspension and I hope he's in the lineup and plays when the Cowboys play the Redskins. I don't want the whiny-ass Cowboy fans making excuses for the Redskins kicking their Arses twice this year.

Please. The only thing the Redskins have going for them is Joe Gibbs, and his results have been less than stellar since returning. He should stick to NASCAR.

If he has guns so be it but he obviously has knack for looking for trouble or at least letting trouble find him. I have more of a problem with loaded guns being left out in the open with little kids running around. does noone have an issue with this? That is plain irresponsible and negligent. :blink:

The article never said the gun was loaded and "in the open"....I think you are making assumptions that aren't stated... He doesn't have any kids does he??

I had a visiting kid go into my bedroom closet and get one once... it was not in the open. and it also zipped up in a gun case. It wasn't loaded but had a couple shells in the case. I had loaned it to someone who returned it with the shells in the case.. I did not look when it was returned and did not realize they were there. I about passed out when I saw the kid with the gun and the shells. From that point on I always check the gun before putting it up and completely out of sight... even in the top of a closet.

This is one thing I have noticed... a lot of city kids do not really understand the danger of guns... kids that have a somewhat rural background do. I also have noticed that rarely are rural and semi-rural people really overly facinated by guns, they regard them as tools with a purpose. The last time I really needed one was when a huge agressive (eye to eye) EMU rooster found me in the open and wanted to fight me, fortunately I had a gun but unfortunately only one shell (I was thinking about a snake situation not a giant bird) I slowly backed my way into a pickup (about a 100 yards away) with the end of the barrell a few inches from his chest. Did not dare shoot because was not exactly sure where his thin body was under all those ruffled feathers. Sure did not want to make him madder than he already was. I own the land, would have never guess there was a group out there.... guess he thought I was a threat to him and about three hens that were there... who knows where they came from and how they got there. The next time he did that I was ready for him.. The coyotes ( I think) eliminated the rest.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

People, people... PLEASE. Let's focus on what's really important here: I got quoted and nobody bothered to tell me.

Claiming ignorance to the gun laws of another state is one thing; saying flat out that you don't have to obey the laws of the state in which you work is, to quote The Tasty Greek, "one of the most moronic statements I have ever heard."

Shouldn't I be getting a residual check in the mail? Royalties or something?

And as for Tank Johnson... I expect to have a lot of fun at his expense. If only there were some outlaw corner of the internet where I could make smartass remarks and inappropriate jokes about Dallas sports...

You know I love your usual work here and, of all the people to pick fights with you and NT03 are way down the list, but isn't a few Redskins fans walking in, saying stupid crap for shock value, piling on people when they react and then acting better than what they started a little Dodge2007-esque?

Besides, Tony Romo set the new lower precedent last year. Tank can have 4 good games and make the Pro Bowl once he comes in mid-season.

If you really want to understand what this decisions means for Dallas, please read this: http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/09/all...y-sandwich.html