Riley Dodge Article

BobFam

So, instead of answering my question DO YOU KNOW FOR A FACT WHY WOODY WASN'T WORKING OUT? you'd rather ask me to engage in your homo-erotic fantasies? :blink:

Quoner, I think you may have competition.

The answer to your question is obvious, you freakin clown. Your the rocket scientist and grammar school teacher and you can't even answer your own question. Woody didn't want to compete with Meager and Tune. He wasn't going to cut the mustard. Is that so freakin hard to understand for a man of your Intelligence?

Emmitt, I can getting the feeling you might actually be Woody in the flesh.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer to your question is obvious, you freakin clown. Your the rocket scientist and grammar school teacher and you can't even answer your own question. Woody didn't want to compete with Meager and Tune. He wasn't going to cut the mustard. Is that so freakin hard to understand for a man of your Intelligence?

Emmitt, I can getting the feeling you might actually be Woody in the flesh.

So the answer to my question is YOU DON'T. The bottom line is you're on a public message board speculating (that means the same as conjecture, don't get a headache) about the level of commitment of a 20 year old student athlete. Whether you like me or not (you shouldn't so we're at least even) this makes you a douche bag of the highest order. There could be any number of reasons why WW wasn't able to compete in practice that fall far short of not wanting to compete. You don't have a clue of which you speak...bottom line.

Edited by emmitt01

It is right in front of your nose.......if it was a snake, it would have already bit you by now.

Tell me Emmitt, I mean WW, why aren't you with the team? Why didn't you come back to play? How did you like that spread offense? You have to make some pretty quick reads, Don't ya? What did you say? I hear ya, " I am not spread QB who can throw darts like TD demands."

" I also like to take my whole summers off, like we did with Coach Dickey. Man, can you believe that TD wanted us to throw and workout during the summer?"

Let me know when you make all the predictions that I made this summer, correctly and then come back and talk to me.

I think you just throw stuff out there and then if it comes true, you want a cookie, a medal, or something. Yes, you've had some hits, but let me remind you of your misses.

Like this? "Jamario will get challenged by Cam." -August 5 Now they say he may redshirt because he isn't picking up the system fast enough.

Or this? "Not sure you want to red shirt a kid with another similar style of QB coming in named Riley. Riley and Vizza are very similar. Riley is faster, Vizza is quicker but both have the same kind of arm. Are you saying Vizza has an average arm at best too?

"I flip flop between Tune and Meager and then sometimes flip again on the freshman." -July 15 quite the prediction

These don't match:

"Rick your point is exactly right except that I DIDN'T act like it was some scoop (news shattering event) that I only knew" -Today

"NO EMMITT, I am still not on the field yet. I only listen to the players and those close to the team, not the chat room boys and girls." -July 22

So did anyone read the 4 page article? It has some good press for North Texas!

Now that the pi$$ing contest is over, does anyone really know for sure what happened to Woody?

You know, every time another story comes out, I just shake my head at just how much good press we have gotten from this hire. Simply amazing.

I can't believe I read this whole thread , I should be compensated for my lost time.

Mr. Madison, what you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Mr. Madison, what you have just said, is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

But that Veronica Vaughn is one hot piece of ace, I know from experience dude. If you know what I mean.

Why is it that every post this guy makes me like him less?

He would've fit in well at the "other" board!!! :D

On a serious note, I think Dodgesballz2007 is kind of right. RD is getting a helluva lot of hype for someone not on "par" as far as pure physical ability is concerned. However, I will say this, college football can be dominated by 2 types of players --> Freakish athletes & pure systems players. Riley may not be Vince Young or Matt Leinert, but he sure as hell can be a Bruce Gradkowski. I'll take a Gradkowski any day of the week and so will 119 NCAA coaches.

He would've fit in well at the "other" board!!! :D

On a serious note, I think Dodgesballz2007 is kind of right. RD is getting a helluva lot of hype for someone not on "par" as far as pure physical ability is concerned. However, I will say this, college football can be dominated by 2 types of players --> Freakish athletes & pure systems players. Riley may not be Vince Young or Matt Leinert, but he sure as hell can be a Bruce Gradkowski. I'll take a Gradkowski any day of the week and so will 119 NCAA coaches.

Great post. Your right. Meager, Vizza, and Dodge all played in spread offenses in high school and this system could be tailored to them all, especially Riley. Riley has seen this offense since middle school.

Would it be inaccurate to speculate Todge told WW after the spring game that he felt he was more valuable to the team in another position and planned to move him elsewhere, and they politely agreed to go separate ways?

That would make too much sense. In a message board world , we have to come up with some kind of speculation or a conspiracy.

Would it be inaccurate to speculate Todge told WW after the spring game that he felt he was more valuable to the team in another position and planned to move him elsewhere, and they politely agreed to go separate ways?

Not the least, as long as you filled in the details as accurate as possible.

For instance, how Dodge yelled at Woody for not wanting to be the kicker since he knew Woodward was leaving. Woody flipped him off and stated he would never play for Dodge. TD promptly released him from his scholarship. See, we CAN all handle the truth! :rolleyes::lol::D

I might even ban myself from ever making a post

-Dodge2007

Please do!

I have never seen someone come on this board and try so hard to be an ass...sorry, hard to deal with.

Be a fan, and quick trying to stir up the people that have stuck with this program before all this excitement and good fortune. I sure as hell didn't see you with all of your magic 8 Ball projections and inside knowledge the last two seasons. Where were you then? Now Dodge gets here and you are the BIGGEST MOST KNOWLEGABLE Mean Green fan to grace the Earth.

Take your own advise and ban yourself from posting. It is your posts that hijack threads into crap like this. There is too much good going on for you to be constantly whipping everybody into submission with all your chaos.

Quit being a constant WHIP! and take your advise and insight somewhere else

Edited by BIG DAWG

Why is everybody getting on Dodge2007's case?? Let the man have his own opinion and live with it. He can think, feel and say whatever he wants but for people to lash out at him is a bit rediculous. If he thinks Riley Dodge sucks then SO BE IT!! Maybe he does suck, maybe he doesnt....I guess we wont know for another couple of years. Thats the great things about sports....we as fans dont really know our head from our arses but we make these great debates with our friends and make these bold predictions and etc. Let the man say what he wants too and lets not get so booty tight on his comments....thats the whole point of this board for Pete's sake!!

Riley sure gets a lot of hype. Being apart of the SLC program and having the last name Dodge gets him a lot of exposure. I have seen him throw the ball (on many occasions) and his arm is average at best. Good athlete in a good system, but way overhyped.

I do believe he will do well at UNT but I do not believe he will a three or four year starter as many assume.

Four or five weeks ago you were ranting about how we won't get a single QB prospect to consider UNT because of Riley's commitment. And you were also mumbling something about how Riley will be the starting QB his freshman year because "blood is thicker than water" or some similar nonsense that seems to totally discredit Todd Dodge's professionalism and compromise his moral principles.

Now you're saying that Riley won't be a starter for three or four years because you think is arm strength is just average and he's way overhyped.

Seems very contradictory to me.