Surprise Player Of The Year?

FirefightnRick

Just looking over some stats, mainly on who lead the team last year in tackles and what nots. Aaron Wethers led the team and finished 5th in the Belt overall with 78. Maurice Holman was second on the team and 8th in the Belt overall with 74. But Colt Mahan's stats surprised me.

Colt Mahan:2006: Started in five games and played in all 12... Finished the season fourth on the team in tackles with 53 despite not getting his first start until the third game of the season ... Led team with 10 tackles and picked up sack against Tulsa in first career start ... Followed that game by leading team again with 10 more tackles at Akron ... Also had a his only quarterback sack for the year against Tulsa... Led or tied for lead in tackles in three games... Had at least one tackle in every game... Was also a valuable special teams player.

Colt has come a long way in a short time. I'm looking forward to seeing him add to his totals this year.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Kartey Agbottah: Playing his first year of Safety, this ball-hawking DB will control the secondary space like seasoned veteran. The former Irving-MacArthur standout will pair up with Aaron Weathers to become the most feared Mean Green Safety tandem since Craig Jones and Jonus Buckles.

Okay, that's probably expecting too much, but why not? Anyway I have to be right on one of these predictions? I'm still catcing it for the "Isaac Thomas - All-American" thing. (for the record, I have not given up on Isaac Thomas... he still has this year show everyone what he is made of. I've seen it, and I believe this will be the year everyone else sees it)

GMG!!!

I agree with FFR on Colt Mahan. This guy is a very good football palyer

that has always been in the background, instead of the spotlight. This

could be his breakout seson!

I have a candidate also- Charley Brown! Even though he has just

moved over to DE, Brown is going to be a natural at DE. I think

this is a very good move by the coaches. With Tye Rexrode out with

a injury, Brown will play more this year. Just give CB some time

and DE experience, he will be a force to deal with!

I don't know about player of the year, but I think that Ryan Davenport has to be the most versatile player on the team.

I can't remember what position he was listed as playing when he arrived two years ago, but last year he was listed as a F-Back. As a member of the Green team he caught at least one TD pass......I assume from the FB/H-back position.

I think that he was listed as a WR on the spring roster, and now he's playing DE. :blink:

I have a rather extensive vocabulary...yet I'm an idiot without Microsoft Word and those squigglly little red lines.

well, just so you know, it's actually "squiggly"...

:D

kidding...I use Firefox to avoid the life-ruining embarrassment that comes with misspelling words in a forum such as this one.

:rolleyes:

Oh and as for the question at hand, give me "whoever is at RB that isn't J-Mo"

Edited by Eagle1855

Guess i'll also contribute my opinion to the actual topic as well:

Offense: Brock Stickler

Defense: since I don't think Colt playing well will be a surprise...give me Desmon Chapman adjusting well to safety and really pushing Kartay Agbottah for time