We Should Build A Bigger Stadium

Quoner

I keep getting this image of Quoner as Igor (Marty Feldman) in Young Frankenstein, sticking his head out the door of the castle and shouting "Blucher" just to amuse himself by seeing the horses react.....as he knows they will....every time. B)

Thats weird...b/c I keep getting this image of Quoner as Macauley Culkin throwing rocks at the bees nest in "My Girl"...except less sad...the bees don't kill Quoner...they make him stronger...maybe he even turns into some kinda of giant killer bee because of it.

Does making reference to a giant killer bee cancel out the gayness of making reference to "My Girl?"

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats weird...b/c I keep getting this image of Quoner as Macauley Culkin throwing rocks at the bees nest in "My Girl"...except less sad...the bees don't kill Quoner...they make him stronger...maybe he even turns into some kinda of giant killer bee because of it.

Does making reference to a giant killer bee cancel out the gayness of making reference to "My Girl?"

No it does not. You have proven that you have not only watched "My Girl" but remembered enough about it to make refrence to it.

It's a solid GAY in the gay or not gay question.

Sorry this just made me think a great quote.

Burns: I suggest you leave immediately

Homer: Or what? You'll release the dogs or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you?

Bite your tongue. The seats on either side of Fouts cant be moved. So even with a fresh coat of green paint, your still sitting 40+ yards from the field.

Everyone’s problem is that they just don’t understand the genius of the man who designed Fouts Field. He had the foresight to see that in the future athletes would become stronger and faster and they would have to move the kick offs from the 40 to the 35 and then the 30. Ultimately requiring the field to get longer and wider. Fouts was designed for this inevitability. So when the field becomes 150 yards long and 80 yards wide you will be thanking him for his vision.

I'm looking for a job. seriously. what is it?

My office needs interns. You could travel with me. It would be an adventure. - like a sexy hamburger or something.

I disagree completely. I think we should build it based not on how many fans we actually draw but how many fans a school of our size, with the size of our alumni base, the size of the metropolitan area we live in, and the opponents we might/hypothetically/maybe bring in should we build a stadium large enough for their large contingent of visiting fans. I think we should do this because anyone who knows anything about anything knows that if you want to fix a problem it's best not to look for the sensible short-term solution but much better to look for the hyper expensive pie in the sky alternative regardless of whether it prevents you from doing something about the problem for an additional decade because of cost prohibitions.

REVISED POST

YES!

:clapping::king::thumbsup:

Fouts Track & Field Stadium's future............................................:blowup:

Sadly, some comments I have heard have predicted a probable additional "pie in the sky" decade for even a 30,000 seat stadium; but another question is what will the 10,000 seats we know we will have to eventully have, that is, if we are serious at all about getting out of our annual Bottom 25 co-existance cost with our initial stadium as compared to how much 10,000 seats will cost later? With the pulse of today's NCAA D1-A powers that be, if we go too small now we may be painting ourselves into a corner that could get us back to being nothing more than just a glorified 1-AA kind of football program that goes to bowl games as an unranked football program (playing unranked bowl foes) and with our really being nothing more than a glorified 1-AA level type of program or worse, even further down the food chain than that (so to speak). Question: How many 1-AA schools have been ranked higher than many 1-A schools the last few years)?

If we can build a 30,000 seater, just how many more dollars are we really talking about to add 10K seats now? Of course, whether we go 30K or 40K we still need the Big Donor and hopefully one that thinks (somewhat) like Emmitt01 does yet with a true plan to start a meteoric rise to NCAA D1-A's highest level by doing the right thing now with our new football stadium.

So just go ahead and build it the right way now or (really) just wait to build it the right way later if we must, but hellsbells, many of us Baby Boomers are closing in on age 60 as it is so I guess if we plan to live to be 100 we may live long enough to see happen in Denton what many of us thought would happen much, much sooner while using a beautiful Fall evening at UT's Memorial Stadium to watch an NT Mean Green football team almost beat DKR's Earl Campbell-led football team as our own personal barometer as to where we all actually thought this program would be able to go not that long after that particular Fall football campaign of 1976 .

(SUBTLE HINT FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT): You really do have to hire D1 personnel to give a school a legitimate chance to be D1 in every aspect as well as across the board) and that has been our numero uno problem in Denton, Texas, America for well over 3 decades now. Hopefully, the Dodge hire will change all this forever (for those of us who don't have too many forever's left).

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Can't we just dig down?

Keith

Yeah, we probably could, but there are at least 2 of us of the Mean Green Nation who are pretty darn sure Fouts Field is built over a gol' darned Indian graveyard and do we really want to be responsible for fooling around with those kind of spirits?

I'm out of here..........Larry McMurtry's Texasville is on the Flix and Archer County, Texas, (strangely enough) makes me feel a bit at home.