Updated Info On Spring Walk-ons

Harry

Here is an update from the scrimmage in regards to walk-ons…

I got a copy of an somewhat updated Spring Roster: No major surprises here but some new walk-on names (other than guys like Evan Fentriss, Greg Garden et al) that I wasn’t familiar with. I am listing them below:

#9 Brandon Dixon is a wide receiver from McKinney who transferred in from MacMurry.

#14 is Lawrence Wesley a WR from Round Rock who transferred from Abilene Christian.

#19 is Roderick Johnson a WR from Denton (also lists Naaman Forest?)

#22 Corey Paris is a DB from Hurst TX and transfer from Southern Arkansas

#23 is Jacoby Gomez a running back from Blue Ridge TX

#25 is Kevin Dickerson a WR (no other info)

#26 is Noel Luna a corner (no other info)

#31 is Nuradeen the transfer from Baylor (DB) – I heard he could play this season

#32 is Clayton Okpara a DB

#36 is a DB whose last name is Knight (no other info)

#37 is Scott Gilchrist a LB from From Worth bwo Blinn JC

#39 Trevor Ashlock a DB from North Richland Hills bwo Arkansas

#60 Brad Weekes an Olineman from Justin TX

#63 Zachary Highfill is an OL from Denton, Tx bwo East Central University

#64 Jeff Moehrig (6-0, 293) is an OL from Victoria Memorial that may have been on the roster last year because he is listed as a sophomore squad player

#81 Erick Lichty is a WR with no other info

#93 Daniel Calderon is a DL from Lewisville bwo Mount Olive University

#96 is Kenneth Okonkwo (6-2, 230) from Richardson, TX who may also be a Baylor transfer

Feel free to share with us if you have any additional information on these players. GMG!

Gilchrist attended the North Texas summer camp two years ago. He was one of about 12 guys that stood out to me as having something in the bag. He had a pretty thick body for a high school player, and if he has been diligent in the weight room, he stands a good chance to make it here.

http://www.heralddemocrat.com/articles/200...rts/gsports.txt

Also found him listed as a weekly mention on one of the HS websites for a game earlier in the season.

Blue Ridge keeps Bells winless

By Rich Hilliard

Special to the Herald Democrat

BELLS - Senior Jacoby Gomez rushed for 171 yards on 15 carries with three touchdowns, as Blue Ridge beat Bells, 41-7, Friday night in the District 15-2A finale for both.

Blue Ridge (5-5, 2-5) ran for 243 of its 335 yards of offense in the first half, taking a 27-0 lead at halftime.

Five of Blue Ridge's first six possessions ended in touchdowns.

Junior Brye Morris rushed for 78 yards on 20 attempts for Bells (0-10, 0-7), which totaled 161 of offense with 119 rushing.

Gomez ended Blue Ridge's second and third possession with a 1- and 22-yard touchdown run, respectively, for a 14-0 lead after one. Michael Todd's fumble recovery of Bells' first play from scrimmage preceded Gomez's initial score.

Gomez had 99 rushing yards in the first quarter, not carrying again until the third.

Justin Corbett scored on a 30-yard run with 11:20 left in the first half and then set up another second-quarter scoring drive with a pick. Lance Watson's 5-yard touchdown run cashed in the interception, one of two by Blue Ridge.

Bells had a chance to score before halftime from the Blue Ridge 9-yard line, after an 11-play, 56-yard drive. However, an interception by Blue Ridge's Taylor Wright in the end zone finished the half.

In the third, Gomez added a 12-yard scoring run with 9:43 left. The score ended a two-play drive from the Bells 12, after Bells' punt went for minus-13 yards due to a strong wind and following bad backwards bounce.

Bells answered in the third on its next possession, as Brad Williams ran for a 12-yard score up the middle. Dustin Nolan kicked the extra point, ending a drive started by Dustin Hightower's 45-yard kickoff return to the Blue Ridge 39-yard line.

Nick Morgan's 1-yard run and Drew Worth's fifth extra point for Blue Ridge finished the scoring with 2:55 left in the game.

District 15-2A

Blue Ridge 41, Bells 7

Blue Ridge 14 13 7 7 - 41

Bells 0 0 7 0 - 7

FIRST QUARTER

BR - Jacoby Gomez 1 run (Drew Worth kick)

BR - Gomez 22 run (Worth kick)

SECOND QUARTER

BR - Justin Corbett 30 run (pass failed)

BR - Lance Watson 5 run (Worth kick)

THIRD QUARTER

BR - Gomez 12 run (Worth kick)

BE - Brad Williams 12 run (Dustin Nolan kick)

FOURTH QUARTER

BR - Nick Morgan 1 run (Worth kick)

Stats Blue Ridge Bells

First downs 15 10

Rushes-yards 45-335 30-119

Passing yards 0 42

C-A-I 0-3-0 6-18-2

Punts-average 1-25.0 3-14.3

Penalties-yards 8-79 7-42

Fumbles-lost 2-0 2-1

Individual statistics

Rushing - Blue Ridge: Jacoby Gomez 15-171, Taylor Wright 7-57, Justin Corbett 3-41, Nick Morgan 8-31, Justin St. John 4-26, Lance Watson 8-9. Bells: Brye Morris 20-78, Nick Cook 3-14, Brad Williams 3-14, Dustin Hightower 2-12, Clint Johnson 1-2, Clay Wilson 1-(-1).

Passing - BR: Lance Watson 0-3-0 0. Bells: Clay Wilson 6-18-2 42.

Receiving - Blue Ridge: None. Bells: Dustin Hightower 3-39, Daniel Williams 3-3.

East Central is in Ada, OK probably not more than 100 miles from Denton near I-35. Richard Rafes, former UNT VP was named their President about a year ago.

I think that Highfill played at Denton Ryan. I saw them play several times and they had an impressive O line.

Quoting SilverEagle: "Not exactly the *Exodus of players from some of the "name" schools that we were hoping for."

Everybody in spring ball has to be enrolled in UNT in the spring semester. TD wasn't announced until Dec. 12. The regular admission application deadline for spring was Dec. 1. Undergrad applicants could go as late as Jan. 8 if all their paperwork was in order. Even that wasn't long enough for a kid attending another school to make such a monumental decision as to leave his school and take a chance in Denton.

In other words, nobody has been able to transfer to UNT specifically to try out for TD. That'll come later.

Edited by Green to the Bone

• 1 month later...