Ulm Game Photos

NT03

Men's Sports are 0-2 in Black. I know the girls hoops team wore Black once, but was it one of their 7 wins. How about Volleyball or Soccer did either of them wear Black Uni's this season. What color are the swim teams suits and caps.

I say forget the Black uniforms in all sports. We are the Mean GREEN!!!!!!

POSTED BY SOMEONE ON THE SCOUT.COM ULM BOARD

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=346#S=346&a...53&T=106296

BLACK UNI'S LOOK KIND OF SHARP , BUT SINCE WE LOST IN THEM ...

Better photos on the ULM athletic site (click "photo gallery" next to box score):

http://ulmathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-bask...021007aaa.html#

and BTW, no way there is 2700 people at that game, you can count them yourself.

Men's Sports are 0-2 in Black. I know the girls hoops team wore Black once, but was it one of their 7 wins. How about Volleyball or Soccer did either of them wear Black Uni's this season. What color are the swim teams suits and caps.

I say forget the Black uniforms in all sports. We are the Mean GREEN!!!!!!

I don't care one way or the other if they add a black uniform. It's all about recruiting. Having a 3rd uniform is normal now days from MLB, to the NFL, to other universities. Mixing in the alternate jersey and using black as that color is all about recruiting. The younger kids love the black uniforms and as long as it's done right (not the DD way), then I have no problem with it. It's not like we are getting rid of the green jerseys or the white jerseys, it's just an alternate 3rd uniform. Unfortunately, I think the older generation gets the "good ole day syndrome" and that's something we have to get over. It's what the younger generation likes and as ridiculous as it may sound to us, uniforms are a selling point.

I don't care one way or the other if they add a black uniform. It's all about recruiting. Having a 3rd uniform is normal now days from MLB, to the NFL, to other universities. Mixing in the alternate jersey and using black as that color is all about recruiting. The younger kids love the black uniforms and as long as it's done right (not the DD way), then I have no problem with it. It's not like we are getting rid of the green jerseys or the white jerseys, it's just an alternate 3rd uniform. Unfortunately, I think the older generation gets the "good ole day syndrome" and that's something we have to get over. It's what the younger generation likes and as ridiculous as it may sound to us, uniforms are a selling point.

I agree with every bit of this.

You know, I don't think uniform color has squat to do with winning or losing a game. Hey, the black unis look sharp, and I know black isn't one of the three colors, but really...when it all comes down to players on the court and the coaches' playcalling...

WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT WHAT COLOR THEY'RE WEARING AS LONG AS GREEN IS ON IT AND IT'S NOT SOME HALF-ASKED JERSEY MADE THE WEEK BEFORE?

I happen to like the black uni's, I think it looks really good with the green. I say those should become our main road uni's. Also, it doesn't matter what color unis we wear when we play, it matters how we play in the black uni's. Way to go JJ on the black uni's.

I know that I sound like a broken record.........for those of you who actually still remember what a "record" was, but I have to keep reminding myself that I haven't seen the correct green yet on many things. Kelly is the correct green and the shade we had back in the 80's was it. Mix in Black as a trim for that color along with white and it looks fantastic. Kelly is the correct shade that SLC uses as well, and you all have seen how nice they have mixed in black with some of theirs schemes. So for me, I think some minor tweaking of the current colors is needed, then use black only as a trim and we'll be in business.

RIck

While we are talking about uniform colors again, if I was athletic director, I would use the kelly and white with black accents. Also, I would use the Hayden Fry green and the Helwig dark green as accents colors. By using all the greens we are honoring all the players who played in all eras.