The Search & The BOR

MeanGreen61

1. Beleive the BOR had to approve DD's termination because of the buyout dollars.

2. Beleive the BOR will have to put their stamp of approvel on  DD's replacement due to the dollar figure of the head football coaches contract.

I'm hoping for Todd Dodge. We haven't talked to him but he has expressed intrest in the job. What do you guys think about Dodge?

Guest GrayEagleOne

A new AD that gets something completed

RV hasn't completed anything???? Then that means...

We still have the little athletic center and weight room at Fouts

The playing surface at Fouts has probably caused untold injuries by now

We are playing volleyball at Bahnsen Gym

The soccer fields are shared with the intramural teams

We have to go to Denia Park for softball. Wait, we don't have softball

We are still using the Denton (Goldfield) tennis center

There have been no million dollar contributors to athletics

And, most importantly, we are still peeing on the floor at Fouts

There are probably some more things that I didn't list but you get the idea.

RV hasn't completed anything???? Then that means...

We have to go to Denia Park for softball. Wait, we don't have softball

Dammit Grayeagle. That's not the point. He obviously wanted to point exclusively to the stadium, so that he could prove his very flimsy point.

wink.gif

RV hasn't completed anything????  Then that means...

Still not complete and the BOR had to loan what 4.5 mil to get it finished after the 1 mil from MM

The field was again paid for by a loan from the school the AD did not have the money

Thank the BOR for the purchase RV did what the remodling that is still not complete

See above

We have to go to Denia Park for softball.  Wait, we don't have softball

See above

RV did not get this contributor

Yeaa he gets 1 mil in 5 years with a staff of 18 peopleAnd, most importantly, we are still peeing on the floor at Fouts

Good he can handle the piss pots

RV hasn't completed anything????  Then that means...

We have to go to Denia Park for softball.  Wait, we don't have softball

I used to pee on the wall. rolleyes.gif

Actually he has been in charge of raising over $12 million bucks in the last 5 years. He has increased our athletic budget to a respectable amount. And he has been the recipient of not one, not two, but three million dollar donations. One of those can be attributed to Matress Mack - of which we only got because he made DD wear his ridiculous hat on national tv in order to finally fork it over... The Warranch Tennis Facility came from a $1.3 million dollar donation and they didn't even want their name attached to it at first, thought it would be too flashy - but RV insisted on rewarding them with the naming. The latest $1.5 million dollar donation is another no-strings-attached donation to jumpstart the stadium fund. I don't see the Goldfields demanding anything in return for it the way that Futon Frank did. Also, the most important donation of all was the raising of the student service fee - which RV orchestrated. Regardless of how it eventually was implemented, it was his baby - he saw it through and refused to take no for an answer.

I get the feeling that our new poster is probably a certain ex-coordinator or player... DD has them all so brainwashed with that bunker mentality that they cannot see the forest from the trees. RV has SAVED the Mean Green program, plain and simple.

Actually, after looking at his back posts (just click on his name) - I am pretty sure that this poster is not an ex player or coach - I think that I know exactly who it is. Bitter till the very end, doesn't mind vocalizing it - maybe he should start his own board, lol.

Why do you think Dodge has not been talked to?? He was in the AC must have wanted to see DD.  Dodge will be the last big mistake RV makes if that is his pick

You think fans will be excited by Nix? Excitement, selling season tickets, alumni relations, corporate sponsors, and making donors want to give are some things the new coach will need along with his name recognition to accomplish. Dodge has that ability.

Don't leave out one of, if not THE most important things RV has been singlehandedly responsible for at NORTH TEXAS: GAME DAY SPIRIT AND PRIDE!

When Coach V got here I remember one message he brought with him that at the time I may not have realized how significant it would be for us. In fact, I remember it so well that I remember where I was when he said it, and that would be in the Olson's living room listening to him say it. The message was that it was his belief that if we make it fun for the kids on game day then their parents will of course follow and continue to do so and get more and more involved with this program, most importantly, spend their money here. DING! DING! DING!

He was dead on target with this as I have seen an increase in families getting more involved in making game day at the home of the Mean Green increase each and every year, despite the losing.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

The message was that it was his belief that if we make it fun for the kids on game day then their parents will of course follow and continue to do so and get more and more involved with this program, most importantly, spend their money here.  DING! DING! DING!

Hmmmmmmm? Why not designate a "craft mall" area by the tailgaters for the wives to enjoy on game day? Kids at the fun zone; mom at the mini-mall. rolleyes.gif

GAME TIME!

Back to the topic-I read here sometime ago that 2 supporters had contacted President Battile (sp) and offered to pay the DD buyout.  Does anyone have information on this ?

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Urban Legend #10,219,675. cool.gif Didn't an article state that they were still looking at how DD would be paid but that it would probably be X dollars and then monthly installments?

Edited by MeanGreen61