Chat tonight?

DeepGreen

Surely the decision had to get RV's OK, even if it originated (and was funded) by Dickey.

Why do y'all turn on everyone so quickly? Why would you think RV had something to do with this? Why would you even post this stuff?? RV did what most everyone wanted... he fired DD. He took alot of heat from this firing, and now he gets it from this forum. I certainly wouldn't want some of you covering my back in the heat of battle.

mad.gif I cannot believe you morons are bitching about uniforms. Who gives a rats ass about what our team wears...We played like crap again....Dickey is on his way out like the majotity of us want....but you all who are making a mountain out of a fucking mole-hill about wearing all black need to re-evaluate yourselves. 

Honestly!!!

If you really think that the uniform makes the team, you don't know shit abut football....

If DD wants to go out Johnny Cash style...screw it...let him we have won 3 fucking games this year....he probably feels like he got shafted after a great run of success....and if any of you want to criticize 4 conf titles and Bowls go ahead...but look around you....this is NT, we never had it so good before DD....

If you want to be a real asshole and say he shouldn't get on the bus to Monroe, then you need to kiss your own ass....

His players were probably on board with wearing black, they have their coaches back, which is more that I can say about the group of morons who bitch about Laundry....

Very dissapointed in all of you....and piss off....Focus on important things like moving forward instead of wallowing in your own petty-ass gripes...

I raise my Talon in one hand and my middle finger to the rest of you Idiots that can't look at the Big Picture....

The stupidity on this stupid forum is amazing at times...

Sean C. Bass-KTCK

You're a real genius, ya know? Have a little pride for your school. Imagine the chaos in Austin if Mack Brown dressed the 'Horns in maroon or red.

I watched the tOSU vs Michigan game today. I am sure that Michigan has been wearing that combo for a hundred years.

Do you know what that is?

It's called tradition. Something that is very hard to get going whenever an administrator or coach decides to arbitrarily make a change because it suit them.

Take a second and imagine what would happen if Fran pulled this type of stunt in BCS? The students would probably burn down most of the county. And for dammed good reason.

They ought to fire DD for this. Is it possible to fire someone who's already been canned?

mad.gifI cannot believe you morons are bitching about uniforms. Who gives a rats ass about what our team wears...We played like crap again....Dickey is on his way out like the majotity of us want....but you all who are making a mountain out of a fucking mole-hill about wearing all black need to re-evaluate yourselves. 

no, these are the little things that matter in building a tradition. no big-time school would pull out some random non-traditional uniforms at the end of the season for no good reason but "it's fun." and, apparently DD gave a crap about it since he went through the trouble of choosing different jerseys. just another reason to say GOOD RIDDANCE.

Im sure DD would inform his players on the black uni's before hand. If they didnt want to wear them , then Im sure they would have not. I have NO problem with the black uni's if the players didnt have a problem with it. Im usually on the Old School thinking side , but I really don't understand all the fuss over uni's. Is it just another excuse to be pissed at DD? I don't care what he does too much , because Im just happy he's only got 1 more game left. Let's all look at the bright side and be excited about the future , screw the uni's smile.gif

mad.gif I cannot believe you morons are bitching about uniforms. Who gives a rats ass about what our team wears...We played like crap again....Dickey is on his way out like the majotity of us want....but you all who are making a mountain out of a fucking mole-hill about wearing all black need to re-evaluate yourselves. 

Honestly!!!

If you really think that the uniform makes the team, you don't know shit abut football....

If DD wants to go out Johnny Cash style...screw it...let him we have won 3 fucking games this year....he probably feels like he got shafted after a great run of success....and if any of you want to criticize 4 conf titles and Bowls go ahead...but look around you....this is NT, we never had it so good before DD....

If you want to be a real asshole and say he shouldn't get on the bus to Monroe, then you need to kiss your own ass....

His players were probably on board with wearing black, they have their coaches back, which is more that I can say about the group of morons who bitch about Laundry....

Very dissapointed in all of you....and piss off....Focus on important things like moving forward instead of wallowing in your own petty-ass gripes...

I raise my Talon in one hand and my middle finger to the rest of you Idiots that can't look at the Big Picture....

Sean C. Bass-KTCK

I must say, I agree with you whole-heartedly on this one, as illustrated on another post. The uniforms looked horrible on TV, but the game was 10x worse.

The cold-heartedness of some on this board is nothing short of astonishing.

no, these are the little things that matter in building a tradition.  no big-time school would pull out some random non-traditional uniforms at the end of the season for no good reason but "it's fun."  and, apparently DD gave a crap about it since he went through the trouble of choosing different jerseys.  just another reason to say GOOD RIDDANCE.

Maybe this could be the start of a new tradition , wearing all black in the last home game every year ?

Last time Im checked we dont have too many traditions. At least in this case , I can't think of another school who has or ever will do this. But I would at least like to see the new green eagle logo on the helmet with green #'s with the all black .

Just a quick question for the guys that don't care about uniforms. Who do you cheer for? Do you say lets go mean green, lets go eagles, or do you just give a little golf clap now and then?

Tell me you didn't see some stunt coming by letting him coach the last 3 games... I am really not surprised. I am more upset about the play than anything else.

Honestly!!!

Sean C. Bass-KTCK

Switching uniforms before game time caused the "ruckus". Most fans at other universities would'ev reacted the same way, especially with a coach as controversial as DD.

Do you know the problems OSU went through this year when they altered their traditional red unifroms? You're going to flip off Buckeye fans for their stupidity?

I love the all black look when done right. Uniforms aren't that big of a deal, IMO, but you need to take your own advice and look at the big picture on what the switch really meant for DD.

dry.gifrolleyes.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

mad.gif I cannot believe you morons BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....

If you hate the forum and its members so much, go make your own.

Your use of foul language just demonstrates your inability to articulate an intelligent argument and it's a sad attempt to get attention.

this is NT, we never had it so good before DD

I suggest you go back and look at the history of this team. Dickey has the fourth worst record at NT. Four championships in a weak conference is nothing to crow about, especially when finishing near the bottom of not only the Sun Belt but all of Div I-A for the past two years. If you think the Dickey regime was good, your expectations are pretty low.

I suggest you go back and look at the history of this team.  Dickey has the fourth worst record at NT.  Four championships in a weak conference is nothing to crow about, especially when finishing near the bottom of not only the Sun Belt but all of Div I-A for the past two years.  If you think the Dickey regime was good, your expectations are pretty low.

Your perception of the current college football landscape and NT's current position in it is fairly inaccurate.

The Dickey regime was good, and he has left a better NT behind. It is time to move on for him, but to keep slamming and bashing the man is totally classless on our part considering what he has done. I believe that most on this board feel that way, therefore, I will take GreenGuyBass's side on this issue and join in saying, realize where NT is and where it needs to get to.

While Dickey's record compared to the past is not stellar, in todays environment it should be considered quite an accomplishment for a team that has spent some time at the 1-AA level not too long ago, and searching for a better conference, and donors.

Other schools have worn all black(FSU this season), or an off color at times(green is not an official color of Notre Dame as far as I know either, yet they break out those jerseys every now and again).

The pictures make them look very ugly. But it's hardly something to get this worked up over.

Seriously. blink.gif

The Dickey regime was good, and he has left a better NT behind. 

He's going to finish his last two years with a worse record than his first two. Someone else posted that our sagarin rating is one point lower than when Dickey started. I don't understand why you think he is leaving it a better team.

He's going to finish his last two years with a worse record than his first two.  Someone else posted that our sagarin rating is one point lower than when Dickey started.  I don't understand why you think he is leaving it a better team.

I didn't say a better team, I said a better NT. Had you bothered to realize I was talking about a much larger picture you might even agree with me.

Other schools have worn all black(FSU this season), or an off color at times(green is not an official color of Notre Dame as far as I know either, yet they break out

Notre Dame has been using the green variant jerseys since the Knute Rockne days back in the 1920s, and they DON'T look like something stolen from the local high school's laundry bin.