If Dickey's ill, please stop the name calling

UNT_playmaker

Tonight was unimaginable, a shutout by the hands of a sunbelt team....pretty low yes... Is North Texas Football in bad shape, yes....

I think we might need a new coach, including all coaches across the board....

There still alot of football left....I put some of the blame on the players....

They played their all in the SMU game and ever since then, just ran out of gas....

Their is no coach that can control that....I think Dickey and gang is out by the end of the season ONLY if he losses all the rest of his games...

The board "made him ill." You've gotta be kidding?!?!? He makes a quarter of million dollars (plus bonuses) and gets paid to make the tough decisions and deal with the media and public. If a coach can't cope or flourish under extreme stress, than they don't belong in today's competitive sports. You statement may qualify as one of the most ridiculous statements I've heard in this forum.

I'm dissaointed like the rest of you, and think that some new blood might help the team, but after the game, someone was yelling F you Dickey, You Fn suck.

If that was anyone on the board, please, don't ever do anything as classless as that again.

ohmy.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

I think we might need a new coach, including all coaches across the board....

There still alot of football left....I put some of the blame on the players....

They played their all in the SMU game and ever since then, just ran out of gas....

A few things to say about your comments.

1. Alot of coaches that have only been with the team for a year put the blaim on the players, but they're expected within a few years to recruit better players and train them appropriately. DD recruited these and trained these guys.

2.If you're players run out of gas by the second game of the season you are in HUGE trouble.

From what I've heard by others on this board, DD is a great guy. It's time for him to hit the road though, and if he has any self respect he'll resign at the end of the year. Hopefully we'll learn from this lesson and the next coach will have a contract based on his performance.

I'm dissaointed like the rest of you, and think that some new blood might help the team, but after the game, someone was yelling F you Dickey, You Fn suck.

If that was anyone on the board, please, don't ever do anything as classless as that again.

Wow thats messed up, and why do I have a feeling it was someone on the board...I was in tha parking lot most of the game, I couldnt stand to see us being shutout by a sunbelt team...

DD is a great guy, I hope he runs the table like he did before and wins the rest of the sun belt games and makes it to the No bowl....

If you are going to fire dickey, fire johnny jones as well for BB

I was in tha parking lot most of the game, I couldnt stand to see us being shutout by a sunbelt team...

I seem to be getting mixed messages here.

You live to follow this team, spend an amazing amount of time researching and discussing it on web forums, but are so revolted off by recent futility that you can't even bear to watch your beloved team, ..........yet, you don't believe that a change is necessary unless the coach loses every remaining game this season.

Gawd, I'd hate to know how the less dedicated fans feel.

I was in tha parking lot most of the game, I couldnt stand to see us being shutout by a sunbelt team...

Now that's messed up.

Their is no coach that can control that....I think Dickey and gang is out by the end of the season ONLY if he losses all the rest of his games...
blink.gif

CHASING GREEN RABBITS TURNED LOOSE (LOSE)! rolleyes.gif

First of all, we are all concerned for the health of Darrell Dickey. I don't know any monsters on this board who would be so low as to wish ill health or ill will to DD or anyone (even if they don't agree with their style or opinions). Jeez, folks, UNT athletics is still the toy section of all of our's department store of life, now isn't it? sad.gif

Many of us don't mix with NT athletic officials because we don't live in or near Denton and most of us probably don't have the time nor will make the time, so how could any of this group hate (I prefer "dislike") Darrell Dickey or Rick V or anyone on that staff? Most of us have no more time for them than they probably should for grUNTS (although I suppose they are to be admired for that).

BUT..................wouldn't we all rather our UNT officials be mixing with those out there who could give more money (insert sublimenal "build our new football stadium" types?) to NT Athletics than most of this message board's members added together, but still...................their giving those any semblance of their time is something you just won't get at UT, TAMU, Texas Tech, Baylor, UH, UTEP, Rice, S M U or a TCU----get my drift? rolleyes.gif

ADLER, I vowed to not attend another DD-coached UNT football game after last season when my light turned on with all this because I had just seen all I needed to see with this gang (and apparently many, many others had as well); but, right or wrong, this is how many of us are choosing to make our statement and I know that you know many of this group, personally.

After 30 plus years of many of us following MG football, this is just not what we had in mind as what should be the direction for our football program. There are those out there who are downright a helluva' lot more angrier about all this than I could ever be to be honest.

YET............I'm not sure why those of us (until last Saturday night) were being preached to (by some on this forum) as to how unloyal we were to our school (in general) because we actually wanted something better for it? huh.gif I guess many of us still need someone to explain that concept to us if they feel they can. Also, some of us can still send monies to UNT to their chosen academic departments (most of the time what they majored in) at UNT. Are these also NT Exes who are not loyal to their alma mater?

And no, I don't get into pissing contests on this board with any poster until (I feel) a poster calls me out with something I deem a bit ridiculous and so I bring out my pit bull keyboard when that happens. rolleyes.gifsmile.gif On GoMeanGreen.com, I have always tried to post on the subject of a post rather than the poster (even if I didn't have that poster listed in my GMG.com Top 10 favorite posters); but I don't have to have a "remove" button or link on this forum to not pay attention to those who I think are a bit touched with their dedication to what has been our alma mater's athletic life in the lower quadrant of NCAA D1-A and even what many of us saw as even worse----how so many seemed to be quite comfortable with that co-existance of an athletic program.

THERE ARE JUST SOME THINGS IN MG COUNTRY THAT ARE TOO PREDICTABLE: Many of us knew if we were to get beat (few of us never dreamed we'd get hammered) by MTSU, that there would be many who would make 180 degree turnarounds with their attitude toward Darrell Dickey and the direction of this football program because that is just the nature of many sports fans. Not sure why it took so long for some, but on the other hand, I'm not sure why it took so long for me, either. unsure.gif

I think about 99.9% of us on GoMeanGreen.com at some point had (with gritting teeth) supported DD Ball even when he didn't seem to be doing well like for example: How many of us weren't at that UNT/'MTSU game in 2001 when DD's back was way against the wall having gotten beat by ULM the week B4 when he was supposedly fired after that game by Rick V and then immediately rehired by NT BOR chairman Bobby Ray?

At no point have I said our methods of the way we are making our statements known to UNT leaders is the right method but its just the method we have chosen because we do think that even UNT officials who can pretty well at any time proceed with their own personal agendas using our alma mater as their personal vehicle to do so; anyway, we do think even they notice empty seats.

Anyone don't think they noticed all of your own empty seats after many left after the 1'st half last Saturday night? How about the fact that they (I'm sure) noticed the empty seats to all of you who even chose to leave the MTSU game early as well?

Well..............I don't judge anyone's choice as to how they want to express to our leadership that we have no personal vendettas toward any of them at all, but its just that many of us have seen much better (and higher profile) wins in the history of Mean Green football and that probably because we had the much higher profile hire in charge if present UNT leadership will only look at our athletic history and learn from it for a change. And yes, there are many, many of us who can read our past history of hiring head football coaches who still don't trust those of even this group and who they would end up hiring to replace DD if he were to not come back next Fall. sad.gif Could they possibly blame us for that, too? sad.gif

BRING OUT THE MEAN GREEN! Hellsbells and to you present UNT students and to you who are brand new young gun alums; anyway, UNT once had a football program of whose quality was that that it made the NCAA's top division's Top 20 a couple or more times.

Now there are many more of you (as of this 3'rd day after our hammering by MTSU) who also seem to now think we can hire those who can raise this football program back up to get us back to a level as to where more will want to support and validate those who our UNT leaders hire and those who UNT leaders choose to keep on payroll as varsity coaches because those varsity coaches are doing the minimum of what any alum from any NCAA school would expect and that is: Winning more games than they lose after having a fair number of few years to do so.

WE CAN DO BETTER BECAUSE WE HAVE DONE BETTER...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

If you are going to fire dickey, fire johnny jones as well for BB

If Jones doesn't compete for the Western division(as in #2 at the least) in conference he should be ousted. Unless we win the conference tournament.

I do give him credit for taking us out of the Trilli disaster though. Good lord, what a mistake those 4 years were.