NCSU coach still P.O.ed over lose to Akron

eulesseagle

Anyone in a power conference that complains about unfair competition when playing a MAC team is beyond stupid. I guess the vast differences in resources between the power conference team and the "purchased win team" are not advantages, nor is the fact that it was a home game. This coach is following up an embarrassing loss with even more embarrassing statements.

Anyone in a power conference that complains about unfair competition when playing a MAC team is beyond stupid.  I guess the vast differences in resources between the power conference team and the "purchased win team" are not advantages, nor is the fact that it was a home game.  This coach is following up an embarrassing loss with even more embarrassing statements.

Bingo. His was one of the more pathetic rants I've ever read.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I think that he should only play BCS automatic conferences. Every mid-major, non-BCS, whatever you want to call them, should cancel any games with NC State as long as Amato is coach. I hate to bet against a stacked deck.

Here in NC, all the big schools are having trouble: NC, NC State, and of course Duke who has had trouble since I can remember. I suspect there may be some coaching changes coming quickly.

Amato is a great source of amusement here. Click below for something hilarious from the Raleigh paper:

http://www.newsobserver.com/1235/story/481010.html

I think the good people here in Raleigh are just about fed up with this guy...and this does not help his cause. He has embarrassed his program, and looking for crappy excuses like that is cheap.

Let me tell you, the win over Appalachian State was not a "rail-road" win by any stretch of the imagination. App State had some stupid penalties in the 3rd quarter that allowed NCSU to even stay in the game. They were lucky to get that win, but, I will go back and check the "non-qualifier" status for App State!!!! tongue.gifbiggrin.gif