Should North Texas Consider Rhett Bomar

Eagle-96

If the Cowboys can take T.O., then I think we can give Bomar a chance.  Just think of the free press we would get.

I agree the nationally pub and attention alone is worth it. He wasn't the only one cheating. He may have gotten caught up in this with as many as 20 other players? And how is the dealership and the school not held accountable?

We aren't in a position to turn down top level players. What would a player of his level bring us.................exposure.

Why are some D1AA (or whatever they are called now) teams really really good? Because they sign players that for one reason or another didn't work out at D1 programs. We are above 1AA, but we can use their method just as easily.

When an opportunity comes along we have to take some chances if we want to go to the next level.

Edited by Zeke

IMHO, for those who say, "NO" I do not want to consider Bomar and his roommate then take a long hard look at yourselves at the times you have been caught with your finger(s) in the cookie jar. Every time you point a finger at someone you are pointing four back at yourselves.

The kid made a mistake and who is not suspect to temptation from time to time.

Just because some do it and get caught does it make it right?? NO

Just because some do it and get away with a few cookies does it make it right? NO

Does everyone deserve another chance?? YES

I once had a professor that told me that I dont care how many mistakes you make just dont make the same one twice......

People make mistakes....it takes a bigger man to accept someone else's mistake and go on with life.....

turning down bomar is a big tumbs up vote for mediocrity. there is no reason that he doesnt deserve a second chance. plus he wont have people jumping up and down to give him things here. I think that this would be a great place for him to prove that he can change.

IMHO, for those who say, "NO" I do not want to consider Bomar and his roommate then take a long hard look at yourselves at the times you have been caught with your finger(s) in the cookie jar.  Every time you point a finger at someone you are pointing four back at yourselves.

The kid made a mistake and who is not suspect to temptation from time to time. 

Just because some do it and get caught does it make it right?? NO

Just because some do it and get away with a few cookies does it make it right? NO

Does everyone deserve another chance??  YES

I once had a professor that told me that I dont care how many mistakes you make just dont make the same one twice......

People make mistakes....it takes a bigger man to accept someone else's mistake and go on with life.....

I agree with everything you said. I also agree with NT80 in that he has shown no remorse. He stuck his hand out, accepted something illegal and wants to move on without even an apology or admittance for being in the wrong. Enjoy Commerce, TX and all that it offers.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I would vote yes IF he made a public apology and promised not to do it again. I do believe in second chances, it's part of my Christian upbringing, but Bomar needs to sincerely ask for forgiveness. Maybe, just maybe, he's learned a lesson from all of this. He also should know that he'll be under a microscope whereever he goes.

I would vote yes IF he made a public apology and promised not to do it again.  I do believe in second chances, it's part of my Christian upbringing, but Bomar needs to sincerely ask for forgiveness.  Maybe, just maybe, he's learned a lesson from all of this.  He also should know that he'll be under a microscope whereever he goes.

He already made an apology.

Hard to say if he is worth the risk.

Keep in mind this isn't just alums overpaying him. He filled out time cards showing 40 hours of work per week when he worked only 5. That tells me he knowingly cheated and not just a mistake or honest in his intent.

He already made an apology.

Hard to say if he is worth the risk.

He filled out time cards showing 40 hours of work per week when he worked only 5.

Wonder how many 'just ordinary folks' would turn down an opportunity to get paid for a 40 hour week and actually work much less ? Wonder how many 'just ordinary folks' give their employer less actual working hours than they are paid for?

I'm sure that I am not the only one who has figured this out, but IF Bomar comes to North Texas (a very big IF) and IF the NCAA allows him to play in 2007 (another very big IF) his first game back would be in Norman, Oklahoma against OU. Now THAT would be interesting.

Bomar may have broken some NCAA rules just like thousands of other people have done.

He did not break any laws. The police are not involved in this.He is not a criminal. He has not hurt or damaged anyone.

On the other hand, suppose Bomar had got drunk and beat up his girlfriend. And later did it again. Do you think he would have been dismissed?

It seems silly to me to see Stoops, who makes $2 million a year out of football, on his high moral horse talking about accountability.

A more equitable arrangement would be to split the $2mil this way: Stoops $300,000 and $20,000 X 85 scholarship players= $1,700,000.

Edited by Buford_Julep