new coaches?

djohnnie

First: Todd Dodge has made it quite clear that he doesn't want to be a college coach right now.

Second: Like it or nor; UNT has a coach. His name is Darrel Dickey. He has let UNT to 4 New Orleans Bowls in 5 years. He just had a down year, I suspect he is working diligently to right the ship. Soon he will be preparing for spring drills.

Second: Like it or nor; UNT has a coach.  His name is Darrel Dickey.  He has let UNT to 4 New Orleans Bowls in 5 years.  He just had a down year, I suspect he is working diligently to right the ship.  Soon he will be preparing for spring drills.

Dickey's not going anywhere this season. While I'm not at all impressed with the beatings our team takes in OOC games, the higher-ups won't get rid of Dickey this year. I'm guessing that he would have to serve up another 2-9 season before they toss him. However, I feel that DD is a good man and that this last season shook him into action and that he's preparing a strong team for next fall.

He should, as his job may depend on it.

Dickey's not going anywhere this season. While I'm not at all impressed with the beatings our team takes in OOC games, the higher-ups won't get rid of Dickey this year. I'm guessing that he would have to serve up another 2-9 season before they toss him. However, I feel that DD is a good man and that this last season shook him into action and that he's preparing a strong team for next fall.

He should, as his job may depend on it.

If it makes us feel any better the Ponies just gave Bennet another year and he is at 11-24 with a 5-6 record as his best record, but they beat 3 bowl teams last year.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Mad Hatter I believe you are referring to Eric Pegram.  He has no coaching experience of any kind at any level.

Not sure about this but wasn't the same true of Kelvin Martin? Now, the only thing that I think that he'd be qualified to coach at this point would be running backs but with his pro experience I think that he'd be a good salesman for North Texas. Surely, he picked up a few pointers that he could impart to his players.

Not sure about this but wasn't the same true of Kelvin Martin?  Now, the only thing that I think that he'd be qualified to coach at this point would be running backs but with his pro experience I think that he'd be a good salesman for North Texas.  Surely, he picked up a few pointers that he could impart to his players.

Exactly. Something in my memory makes me believe our RB's coach has left, but I'm probably imagining things.

I won't get into any Dickey arguments, I can accept giving him another year. However I'm extremely disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any pressure on him to get rid of Flanigan, not for his conduct but for his performance as an OC in his tenure.

I won't get into any Dickey arguments, I can accept giving him another year. However I'm extremely disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any pressure on him to get rid of Flanigan, not for his conduct but for his performance as an OC in his tenure.

Dickey has only one game to win next year to keep his job, and he better not screw it up, SMU.

Dickey has only one game to win next year to keep his job, and he better not screw it up, SMU.

Then the players on the field playing the game better work hard this off-season, get stronger, work on their mental discipline, and be prepared to execute their game plan to the best of their ability.

Then the players on the field playing the game better work hard this off-season, get stronger, work on their mental discipline, and be prepared to execute their game plan to the best of their ability.

no this is true, because I think SMU will be a suprise next year in CUSA

They barely lost a couple games against some decent teams that would have had them in a bowl this past year. They have a lot of players returning.

Also, last I checked, we were still north texas and we're not really "in" to winning OOC games. This game worries me. and the fact that I am even worried about SMU bothers me as well. blink.gif

Guest GrayEagleOne

You got that right!

For the love of all that is holy, we must beat SMU!  I simply could not stand it -- I can't even imagine it -- I can't even bring myself to type it.

We *MUST* beat SMU.

Lose the rest, but BEAT SMU!!!

I find this post hilarious laugh.gif So if we beat SMU, does that mean Methodists are not holy? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Or does it mean Methodists are also rooting for UNT in this game? blink.gifhuh.gifsmile.gif

I agree with t g k, I would love to lose to SMU if we could win the rest.

smu is important, very important, recruiting wise especially.

Question: Did the QB at Trinity commit to tx state? If so would that have been a commitment based on acedemics (or lack there of). I thought I read that he was interested in NT...if so bring him in, he's a flat out athlete, can play QB, or corner.

I agree with t g k, I would love to lose to SMU if we could win the rest.

smu is important, very important, recruiting wise especially.

Question:  Did the QB at Trinity commit to tx state?  If so would that have been a commitment based on acedemics (or lack there of).  I thought I read that he was interested in NT...if so bring him in, he's a flat out athlete, can play QB, or corner.

The DMN said the Trinity QB orally committed to Texas State after his visit there this past weekend. It said he also had interest in/from UTEP. It may have been a case where even if he liked UNT he wanted to play QB and NT couldn't offer him that chance with 2 soph QB's, a JUCO QB signed, plus us going after a Missouri freshman QB too. Too much already at that position?

Edited by NT80