COBBS & THOMAS ON THE FRONT PAGE OF USA TODAY!

Baby Arm!

i think people should settle down with the criticism of the writer's description of north texas. he was trying to emphasize the fact that these two great backs are playing at a "lower level" school, so he's obviously going to have to lower us a little bit more for the feat to seem more impressive. it was a great write up about our school and our backs.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fouts in disguise biggrin.gif

user posted image

I know where the reporter is coming from looking at Fout's exterior, but as you MG61, the entire Mean Green Nation and I would know, there is nothing high school'ish about the interior of the content of this photo and last I heard......they play football games inside the stadium. rolleyes.gif

THe SMU guy's comments still continues to "bare to all" a few a$$es over on the Hilltop, though. laugh.gif I still know some from SMU who are not of that crowd, though; just happen to work with one of them matter of fact.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Someone want to link the series of photos of the NORTH TEXAS/Baylor game of 2 years ago to see if those scenes looks high school'ish? cool.gif  Fouts is going to be just fine until we move into a new stadium;  in fact, an ex SWC alum who sat with my group 3 years ago said "Fouts is not as bad as advertised."  I told him it was probably many of us NT alums who want a new football stadium so bad who made Fouts Field seem worse than it is (and for the most part) we make such opinions known on these collegiate message boards. rolleyes.gif 

GMG!

user posted image

These two guys deserve the press- they have the talent and discipline...but more than anything else, they have character. If they didn't, then we'd have a big problem as we'd have to decide to who start. But since these two are just such great people, they're fine either way. I admire their ability on the field, but I admire their character even more. There are a lot of players, especially in the NFL (cough TO cough) that can learn from these two.

I'm getting a copy of the paper. Too bad I missed the FWS-T last week.

Allow me blow this out of proportion. This is the kind of great publicity that will attract people to Fouts. Ask the guys at Ok St. when Barry Sanders was there. The fans knew he was great, and some of the media, but it's Stillwater afterall. People from Tulsa don't even go there. We are nestled in the backyard of DFW, so we have a lot more people to draw from. If we win a few OOC games, we may be looking at good crowds. Bigger crowds = more money, more money = new facilities. Plumm take it from here...

Allow me blow this out of proportion.  This is the kind of great publicity that will attract people to Fouts.  Ask the guys at Ok St. when Barry Sanders was there.  The fans knew he was great, and some of the media, but it's Stillwater afterall.  People from Tulsa don't even go there.    We are nestled in the backyard of  DFW, so we have a lot more people to draw from.  If we win a few OOC games, we may be looking at good crowds.  Bigger crowds = more money,  more money = new facilities.  Plumm take it from here...

I've said it before, I'd take a bullet for Patrick Cobbs, and another one for JaMo.

blush.gif

Allow me blow this out of proportion.  This is the kind of great publicity that will attract people to Fouts.  Ask the guys at Ok St. when Barry Sanders was there.  The fans knew he was great, and some of the media, but it's Stillwater afterall.  People from Tulsa don't even go there.    We are nestled in the backyard of  DFW, so we have a lot more people to draw from.  If we win a few OOC games, we may be looking at good crowds.  Bigger crowds = more money,  more money = new facilities.  Plumm take it from here...

EagleD, we will all take it from there. rolleyes.gif

I think as of today we just sold a helluva' bunch more tickets to watch Mean Green football this Fall because this kind of front section/page 1 national pub for our guys just authenticates the hell as to what we have all been trying to do on a much smaller scale to those we all encounter here in the Metroplex and other parts of Texas.

I mostly hope many, many, many from Denton County are being made aware of this special unique coverage that our Mean Green are giving to all of them up there, that is, all this promo from their only "home county college football team."

I work with an LSU guy here at the office and even just this AM he gave me a "thumbs up" on the Mean Green coverage in today's USA Today which he heard about on KTCK 1310 The Ticket. (George Dunham made a comment on this article and nice color photos of our guys).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I asked our engine crew to stop by 7 eleven to pick me up a copy. This is just amazing, simply amazing. Daily National Hype! And a dead on accurate report on all accounts. I love the part where DD responds to the criticism concerning the level of play in mentioning the Colorado game. Now the team has to live up to this year's hype. The pressure is on to repeat as well as get some OOC wins to finalize the deal.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I asked our engine crew to stop by 7 eleven to pick me up a copy.  This is just amazing, simply amazing.  Daily National Hype!  And a dead on accurate report on all accounts.  I love the part where DD responds to the criticism concerning the level of play in mentioning the Colorado game.  Now the team has to live up to this year's hype.  The pressure is on to repeat as well as get some OOC wins to finalize the deal.

Rick

Well said Rick. And I picked up two copies. One for myself, and one to shove in my ut brothers face!