Our 2006 Helmets?

This is from a highly knowledgeable AD source so I will not name names but the new helmets for this season will be:

All green, all white, green with white center stripe, or white with green center stripe.

Face mask will be green, white, black, or gray.

Logo will be either stacked North Texas, stacked Mean Green, horizontal UNT, interlocked NT, stairstepped UNT, stairstepped NT, new eagle head, new full body eagle, new eagle claw, new eagle head, or no logo at all.

This much I am sure of.

This is from a highly knowledgeable AD source so I will not name names but the new helmets for this season will be:

All green, all white, green with white center stripe, or white with green center stripe.

Face mask will be green, white, black, or gray.

Logo will be either stacked North Texas, stacked Mean Green, horizontal UNT, interlocked NT, stairstepped UNT, stairstepped NT, new eagle head, new full body eagle, new eagle claw, new eagle head, or no logo at all.

This much I am sure of.

Thank you...I really found this helpful and informative. You must have the same source I do! laugh.gif

My source told me that they have narrowed the list down to only two options.

Option 1 will be very similar to the helmets worn by the Philadelphia Eagles because the administration wants to capitalize on the recent success Philadelphia has experienced.

The second option being considered would be a full helmet logo and feature the latest in airbrush artwork technology. The helmet would be enveloped with the entire head of an eagle; the beak at the front of helmet (just above the facemask) and eyes on both sides complemented by white and black feathers covering the rest of the helmet. This option would give the appearance of larger-than-life eagle heads and could be completed by the tailgate artist at any local automotive body shop.

Actually, the helmet is going to resemble the head of Hawkman on Buck Rogers.

Hell, why wear helmets at all. Think of all the facial exposure our athletes will recieve on national TV. North Texas would pioneer the new look. Or perhaps a face gaurd similar to Rip Hamilton's with a small Daffy Eagle logo on each cheek.

Edited by Got5onIt

It will be "North Texas" in a new font.  ph34r.gif

There was a photo when the new AC opened of RV at his desk (in either the NT Daily or DRC). Behind him on shelves were several helmets with North Texas in the new font in various forms on them. The helmets were gone the next week when fans took tours. ph34r.gif

There was a photo when the new AC opened of RV at his desk (in either the NT Daily or DRC).  Behind him on shelves were several helmets with North Texas in the new font in various forms on them.  The helmets were gone the next week when fans took tours.  ph34r.gif

The infamous photo with the new helmet designs was on the original post showing off the new AC. I guess the photo was mysteriously lost wink.gifph34r.gif