L.S.U. VIDEOS

Hello Mean Green Fans,

My name is Jamie, and i am from Louisiana. I am a die hard L.S.U. fan.

I would like to thank you all for allowing me to post in your forum today.

To those who will be making the trip to Baton Rouge, i would hope that you will have fun and that this will be a weekend that you will never forget!

I saw a link earlier, while visiting your forum, which said something to the effect of, "92,000 drunk cajuns will be shocked.."

So i decided to respond to that post in a nice way, as all decent sportsfans should. I was very happy to see that alot of you thought this person was off of his/her rocker when posting that comment.

Alot of you said that realistically, UNT had no chance at beating L.S.U.

Well you are very correct in that assumption.

UNT has a couple of talented players and you might even score a few points, but the key factor is depth at all positions, talent at the skill positions, and Defense.

Can our defense stop your offense and can your defense stop our offense, that is the question and will probably decide the game.

I'm sure alot of "cajuns" will be drunk come game time and maybe even a few Greenies will be also. So i say let's all have fun and "Laissez Bon Temps Rouler"(Let The Good Times Roll)!

Furthermore, I would like to share a couple of important L.S.U. videos with you, so that you can see exactly what you are getting yourself into before you head down to Baton Rouge.

The first video is about Tiger Stadium AKA Death Valley!

Click the link below to see exactly what college football players, coaches and media have to say about Death Valley. The one i find most amusing is when Brad Budde, a lineman for USC, said that Notre Dame's stadium is like the kids show "Romper Room", compared to Death Valley! Also, The Princeton Review named L.S.U. the number one party school in the Nation, as well as Playboy Magazine, who i believe gave that same honor to L.S.U. not too long ago. ESPN'S Lee Corso also made the final statement in the video.

If you are unable to click on these 2 video links that i have provided for you, just copy and then paste them into your browser.

http://tigerstadium.com/quotes.htm

The second video, is called Thunderstruck. This is a football video starring just a few of our standouts that you may have to face come gameday.

# 2 Shyrone Carey, # 3 Buster Davis, # 4 JaMarcus Russell, # 5 Skyler Green, # 9 Early Doucet, # 10 Joseph Addai, # 22 Alley Broussard, # 23 Xavier Carter, #25 Justin Vincent, # 30 LaRon Landry, # 80 Dwayne Bowe, # 82 David Jones, #95 Kyle Williams.

Quite Humorous--By the way, #61 in Blue is Mo Mitchell/OG from the UF Gators, he is the one kneeling down on the football field as the game ended.

Im sure our D-Line tore him "a new one", giving the Tigers victory and the Gators became TIGERBAIT that day last year. # 73 in Red is most likely to be Bart Miller of the Georgia Bulldogs, He is shown sitting on the bench looking into the camera with embarrassment, disgust and shock after our D-Line whipped him up all night.

Just click below to view one of the most highly touted, nationally popular sports videos of 2005.

http://home.comcast.net/~waynemessina/thun...understruck.wmv

I hope you all enjoy the videos and i look forward to hearing your responses very soon.. Remember have a good time in Baton Rouge and be prepared to become TIGERBAIT! Because you've been THUNDERSTRUCK!

I apologize for the typographical error in the Thunderstruck video link.

I posted it twice but apparently the admin of ur site must be rejecting the link in the main topic forum.

As u can see i have tried to post the correct link in the main forum which did not work so i will post it here.

I have fixed it , so now all of you can enjoy the videos with no problem.

Just go to the second post that i have created using the same topic.

Thanks, Jamie.

Geaux Tigers- '03 National Champions of Division 1 college football.

I have typed the correct link and cannot understand why it post differently than what it is supposed to be.

Just type the link into ur browser by hand and be sure to spell thunderstruck correctly.

if the word thunderstruck in the link above, post spelled differently than it is supposed to , then simply type in thunderstruck on ur own in place of thun...understruck or however its being displayed, in your browser so that

you can watch the link. TY and My apologies.

Don't you Mean Green folks agree with me that this is some awefully obnoxious crap? I mean LSU's cool and all.. but who gives a s--t about how wonderfully they think of themselves? This should be motivation for you guys to go put a game on them. This has got to be worse than any *smack* us LaTech people have spewed.

3 thoughts:

1.) someone has already posted this video... If I have to listen to Thunderstruck in a sports montage one more time in my life, it might be too many, and I love AC/DC

2.) its probably not necessary to post it three times, all of us had to learn to read before we went to NT

3.) Troy.

Edited by Eagle1855

Ok, so does anyone have a scouting report on these guys other than, "They're supposed to compete for the National Championship?" All I seem to remember about these guys is that they play a very physical, but conservative style. I don't ever remember their skill players on offense being out of this world, but they are great on both lines and their entire D is superb.

Also, I'm fairly familiar with the way that Les Miles' OSU teams played. I definitely think that being his first game, he's going to want to make a statement--but after watching that video I think that if we can make solid tackles and wrap-up, we should be able to keep it from getting out of hand the way the UT game did last year. None of those highlights in LSU's video had players way out in the open, they were mostly in traffic...

Jeesh, it's one thing to be a good team..but do the fans also get a ring for a national title? Sending us links to videos, magazine articles and Lee Corso naratives doesnt do anything for this discussion? I respect any fan who backs his/her team with enthusiasm..but this is a bit much. Yes, we all know your team is very good... Yes, we know this is not exactly a matchup that favors us..., and YES..we are realists. That said, go back to your daily routines of hearding sheep or whatever it is you do? I cant speak for everyone, but I have no desire to have a bunch of LSU fans sending videos of their team for us to watch? We have the nations last TWO leading rushers..and four straight conference titles. I think I'll watch those videos instead. No, we are not going to contend for a national championship, but only two teams out of 118 will? LSU is a great team, but ease up on the selling your program to us? To get the title, you still have to get by USC. Send THEM your videos and tell THEM how great you know you are. If you want to talk smack on our board go for it.., we love that! I dont think we send our opponents Jamario Thomas video from last year? We just assume they will get a good look at the back of him as he is running by. AS for the LSU videos, magazines, and how great you know you are?, save that for your sheep and USC.

(By the way, I do have you guys playing for the National Championship, and getting BEAT by Matt Leinart and his USC Monsters). Dont say it, we know... At least you'll be there, right?

GMG!!! <_<

Eagle..I didn't know that anyone had posted this video here in the past.

TI Green... For info and stats on our players..if you have read the entire post and have the names of our standouts, u can then go to www.lsusports.net , and go to football ..then rosters ..and we have bio's on each player and what they have accomplished , just as your site does.

For the rest of you who think i am smack talking or bragging..i apologize if you feel that way. In no way , shape , or form did i create this post to brag or smack talk.

I send this post to each opponents message board before each game, so that the fans of our opponents can see what people have said about tiger stadium and the atmosphere here in Baton Rouge on gameday, so that you can get a feel of what to expect.

As for the Thunderstruck video, it is just an introduction to our team and players and coaches for fans of our opponents to view if they wish to.

No harm was intended nor was i boasting or bragging , i was trying to be nice and helpful. I don't have to ''brag'' or ''talk smack'' to any school of any size about our football team. Our national titles and conference championships speak for themselves. I feel i posted in a very nice way, alot better than some others who yell verbal insults and act immature.

I wouldn't mind if our away opponents sent me videos of their team and fans and stadium etc.. so that i could get an idea of what to expect once i arrive in their town. So, if these introduction videos offended anyone then i do apologize..Good Luck to you all and once again i welcome your responses and look forward to chatting with you.

Purplecat, you never sent any videos to us folks in Ruston/Shreveport. That's a good thing though 'cause we'd probably have a lot of folks spam the hell out of the LSU boards. lol. Anyway, they'll find out how much of a hellhole Tiger Stadium is for visitors when they get there. I wanna know about all these titles ya'll talk about too. You won the NC two years ago and the other was in the fifties. LSU absolutely SUCKED ASS for years, so it's a shame they wouldn't schedule Tech for like 60 years. You guys waited 'till we were WAAAYY down and LSU was amazing to schedule us. I can't wait for our next chance in '07 to smoke you in your own house(or at least give it another shot). We would've owned you in the nineties. Anyway, NT guys, I've talked a lot of dirt, but I hope you at least scare the Tigers. The first game of the season like this is your best shot. Hope for us to stab at the BCS powers too while we're at Florida. We'll beat Kansas, so there's one down, but I really want Florida.

GEAUX BULLDAWGS!!!

by the way.. in all technicality... the Louisiana team that has the MOST conference titles is Louisiana Tech University. This is of course from before we had the Div. 1a-1aa split deal, but we owned! We were also Indy for a while in 1A and then won the WAC. We'll be back, coonasses!

(woohoo! LSU smack on the NT board! I'm just setting a few things straight.)

i didn't think the post was anything offensive.  it actually got me excited at the possibility of taking in a game in Death Valley.  Too bad i'm so completely broke that there's no way i can get there!

Same here... the quotes and music on the flash presentation gave me goose bumps. That made me want to go to the game just to expierence the atmosphere.