Any news on Joey's status?

C'mon Joey please take care of bidness.  We need ya hoss!  Anyone heard how his Summer School is going?

The National Privacy Act will probably keep us from knowing about J. Byerly's grades unless he, a family member or someone from NT Athletics post on this board for us to "Think Meager." ohmy.gif

Yet we all hope Joey gets his grades first for himself, secondly for NT.

PEACEFUL, EASY FEELING: With the way our NT coaches handled the great Andrew Smith (then a frosh) after Scottie Hall went down at DKR Memorial Stadium in Austin, I am just not worried about who the Mean Green QB is because of the offense that Coach Dickey runs at NORTH TEXAS. cool.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Is this privacy act something new ?  Last year when May and the others were declared ineligible because of grades it was in the Dallas Morning News.

I'm sure though that was after the Athletic Department relased the information that those players weren't going to be eligable. Granted the grades themselves won't be known, but eligability will.

PEACEFUL, EASY FEELING:  With the way our NT coaches handled the great Andrew Smith (then a frosh) after Scottie Hall went down at DKR Memorial Stadium in Austin, I am just not worried about who the Mean Green QB is because of the offense that Coach Dickey runs at NORTH TEXAS. cool.gif

ha ha ha very funny, the key word in what you said is "RUNS"

Edited by the green rokemi

----Don't complain... the first 30+ years I was an alum there weren't ANY Bowl games. [ even though we deserved 2-3 ] You give a kid a piece of cake and then he wants the entire cake...... patience.....we are getting there.

O-N-E since you gotta ask. How long had it been since we'd been in a bowl game when we went in '01 ? Look it up.

See separate post for NT's bowl record and play off record. Its as bad as our non conference record

Hey...not a knock...we both want NT to win some of these non conference games as well as bowl game.

Nothing on Byerly's status but I would like to announce that Lee Jackson has FFR's full, unconditional support for his run at the U.S. House of Represenatives next go round.

Rick

I'd vote for him..... for any office..... except Chancellor. <_<

My inside sources have informed me that Byerly will not be elgible for the fall. Apperantly,he did not do so well in his summer school classes and did not pass enough hours for the year. Im pretty sure this is good info, but im not sure if the athletic department has any tricks left up their sleeve to get him elgible.

My inside sources have informed me that Byerly will not be elgible for the fall. Apperantly,he did not do so well in his summer school classes and did not pass enough hours for the year. Im pretty sure this is good info, but im not sure if the athletic department has any tricks left up their sleeve to get him elgible.

I hope this isnt true...

I think it's awesome that Summer I exams just ended less than two days ago and yet a bunch of noobs have "sources" that say that a football player in ineligible.... How the hell do you find that out??? Hell I never even knew MY grades that fast in school.

Shane

Byerly will not be eligible for the fall. You can dream all you want but it will not change (unless some inside pull from the athletic dept., but we all know our athletic dept has no pull). Let's just hope someone steps up and really surprises us!!!