Jeff"The Jett" Gordon wins the Daytona 500

Yeah....congrats on making 3 1/2 hours of left turns faster than the other guys in a sport that is slightly more relevant than soccer.  <_<

Ummm...I beg to differ. It's much less relevant than soccer. Hell, NASCAR is less relevant than table tennis and dog shows.

A total waste of fuel and money.

Edited by JayDub

Whatever soccer's position is in the pantheon of American sport, at least it doesn't occupy the bottom rung. For that you can thank the WNBA laugh.gif

Actually WNBA probably outdraws NHL and NASCAR is blowing most of the sports out of the water in ratings. Not bad for a bunch of Hillbillies making left turns. Oh yeah how about 100,000 + on avg attendance.

Actually WNBA probably outdraws NHL and NASCAR is blowing most of the sports out of the water in ratings. Not bad for a bunch of Hillbillies making left turns. Oh yeah how about 100,000 + on avg attendance.

Its not hard drawing 100,000 if there's only one race within 300 miles of you once a year. I mean, the attendance numbers don't really tell the real story. And I can garauntee you the WNBA doesn't outdraw the NHL in all markets, if not 90% of them. I used to be a big "NASCAR is only for rednecks" person, but now I'm just neutral on the sport. It doesn't entertain me nearly as much as Rally or F1, or even Arena Football, but I do have respect for the drivers and crews.

And Soccer, well the MLS is making big strides since its beginnings, and the US team has put a huge dent in the stereotype that yanks can't compete. One of the most famous players in Europe is an American, actually.

Dammitt, what the hell is everyone's problem? Why can't someone post news about a sport OTHER than football, basketball, or baseball without having that sport ripped to effing shreds. Look, people do like other sports. Just because you don't like it is no reason to be disrespectful of others and the sports they enjoy. If you don't like auto racing, then don't read the stupid posts!!!

Dammitt, what the hell is everyone's problem? Why can't someone post news about a sport OTHER than football, basketball, or baseball without having that sport ripped to effing shreds.  Look, people do like other sports.  Just because you don't like it is no reason to be disrespectful of others and the sports they enjoy.  If you don't like auto racing, then don't read the stupid posts!!!

I was going to say the same thing. I am not a fan of NASCAR or any motor sports, but I don't come on here to bash it. That's one thing that irritates me about sports commentators with hockey in that they say it sucks and whatnot, but if I was to bad mouth basketball or baseball they would be up in arms.

1) Don't post it on the football board (the location before it was moved) if you don't want it bashed by people who don't like it.

2) It's a sports message board, which means it's a place for a bunch of yahoos to post all their own mis-guided theories and opinions. Stuff will get bashed. People will get their feelings hurt. Life will go on. I chose to post a reply here. I was not forced to by the content of the thread. It's all optional.

1) Don't post it on the football board (the location before it was moved) if you don't want it bashed by people who don't like it.

2) It's a sports message board, which means it's a place for a bunch of yahoos to post all their own mis-guided theories and opinions.  Stuff will get bashed.  People will get their feelings hurt.  Life will go on.  I chose to post a reply here.  I was not forced to by the content of the thread.  It's all optional.

True, you can post anything you want, but why can't you be respectful about your opinons.

True, you can post anything you want, but why can't you be respectful about your opinons.

It's not a question of whether or not someone can or can't, but whether or not they choose to, and whether or not the things they do are within the rules set by the board.

Perhaps, in this case, they considered it funny. I know I did. Because I saw a NASCAR post on the football board and was like "WTF?!" Shoulda known better. The response was humorous.

Someone even makes fun of soccer, a sport that I played for a number of years, but it didn't really bother me. It was an interesting dialogue... the point of the internet message board, as I see it.

At that point, I had a choice to:

a) post a response about soccer

cool.gif continue the rant

c) post a response to the original intent of the thread or

d) ignore and move on

AND, there's nothing saying that people can't ignore the angry rants and post on the original thread subject. By making an issue of the bashing, then it becomes a thread about people's need to bash other sports, like this one has become, to which I am now contributing. But, then again, it doesn't really matter to me. I've unintentionally de-railed and killed enough threads to have gotten used to it by now.

Going to a Nascar race is no more watching a "sport" then going to an airshow. 30-40 hillbillies driving cars around is just not a sport - same thing with airshows - they are not sports - they are 30-40 rish guys flying planes around. Same thing - one is called a sport and shouldn't be and the other is a spectator event.