WE WILL BE TEARIN DOWN FIELD GOAL POSTS

UNT_playmaker

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beads, you say?  It as if we we're trying to start a tradition all our own.  But wait, we must steal our traditions, tortillas and goal posts.  We mustn't do anything orginal to celebrate.

Beads...is something original for us. Throwing tortillas, et al... I hate stealing "traditions" from other schools. Makes UNT look stupid. So many people are trying to "force" a tradition by stealing something from another school and see if it sticks. George Dunham didn't help with his radio call of the NT Defense as the "Green Curtain." Dumbest thing I ever heard.

Good traditions don't start over night. Come up with something original.

As for tearing down the goal posts, the one thing I want to aviod is a scene where riot police have to hold off the mob and kids get hurt. Talk about bad press!!!!

How about this for a "new" tradition. After the game, students gather in mass near Fry Street at the English Building and "Celebrate Responsibily" without wanton destruction. Lets see that hit the news papers.

I would rather not win any championship if it means burning and destroying part of the city or campus.

How about this for a "new" tradition. After the game, students gather in mass near Fry Street at the English Building and "Celebrate Responsibily" without wanton destruction

How about the students march to the tower and it gets lit green while the students sing the alma mater? That would be a good tradition to start after a victory...

Guest JohnDenver

I would rather not win any championship if it means burning and destroying part of the city or campus.

Ah, but there are plenty parts of the campus I would LOVE for the students to tear down.

Start at Fouts.

Work their way over to Physics building.

March to the the confederate soldier statue standing in front of the courthouse.

End up at the green tower singing a song and rocking back and forth, but don't tear it down.

The act of tearing down the goalposts is reserved for truly passionate, spontaneous outbursts. What I see being talked about here is nothing more than a premeditated act of vandalism. Let me clarify my thoughts:

a. The Idahoars come into our house and play lights out for 59 minutes; we trail by 4 points in the last minute of the game, when our defense forces a fumble; we recover and move 73 yards in 3 plays to win the game as the final gun sounds; we preserve our winning streak, our conference championship, and our bowl bid; THE FRIGGIN' GOALPOSTS COME DOWN!!!

b. Jamario has 280 yards at the end of the third quarter and Kevin gets some PT; Scott has thrown 1 TD to Andy, 1 TD to Zach, and 3 TDs to the Mighty Quinn; the scoreboard reads UNT 56, I, Da-Ho 17; if the goalposts are TOUCHED it is vandalism!

Do you get it?

I was against people tearing down the goal posts last year, but I have changed my mind on this issue. There are a lot of freshmen and other students who are just now getting into NT football, and if tearing down the goal posts gets them hooked on NT football, then I hope they have a blast and that no one gets hurt.

I would venture to say it's up to the guys with the German shepards and pepper spray, not the students.

Dear God, PLEASE let some stupid freshman get peppers sprayed next Saturday.

What a great marketing ploy! Try to get the largest crowd of the year by giving away free tickets and let them watch fellow fans get pepper sprayed for having fun. Wow, what a great idea.

Everyone i have talked to on campus and most alumni are coming to the game for it being our final home game, and also the chance to tear down the goal posts.

considering what a rough season we had this year and the remarkable breakthrough of JAMARIO we need this more than ever

go mean green

I pray for a plague of locusts to come down and consume you as soon as you touch that post and to anybody else who does as well.