smu hits a new low

On 3/14/2024 at 8:27 AM, DentonStang said:

It's a great commercial though

https://youtu.be/D1NWTfM8xlo?si=Xcd7LfjhtxnA_w_N

Are those the mustangs from Assateague?  Looks like it.  They're not really doing anything.  I think the drone probably just scared them.  Either that, or they're just frolicking.  Exercising.

This horse actually accomplished much more in less time:

Edited by LongJim
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, greenjoe said:

Hey Denton Stang, we’re  you at the game ?

Not sure about him but I was and the AAC refs are absolutely atrocious.  They were basically trying to punish us for leaving this crappy conference.  Good riddance, as we now move to conference with decent referees.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

59 minutes ago, mustangfan said:

Not sure about him but I was and the AAC refs are absolutely atrocious.  They were basically trying to punish us for leaving this crappy conference.  Good riddance, as we now move to conference with decent referees.

Wah😩 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I see this sentiment every time a fanbase gets an upgrade in conference.

Then they get there, forget that thought, and start believing the current refs are the worst they've ever seen.

A similar observation I've made over the years is that whenever a team is clearly outclassed on the court, their whiny fanbase will say, "These refs are absolutely atrocious."

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mustangfan said:

Thanks. And good riddance to you too.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Never, I repeat, never schedule SMU in any sport.  They have made it perfectly clear that they think they are far superior to us, so why give them the opportunity to schedule us?  It has now been proven that neither fan base cares about the other school.  Good riddance and send us a post card from the BIG TIME, SMU.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, mustangfan said:

Tissue GIF by Luke Guy

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, drex said:

Never, I repeat, never schedule SMU in any sport.  They have made it perfectly clear that they think they are far superior to us, so why give them the opportunity to schedule us?  It has now been proven that neither fan base cares about the other school.  Good riddance and send us a post card from the BIG TIME, SMU.

Absolutely not!  Don't waste a stamp.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mustangfan said:

AAC refs are absolutely atrocious.  They were basically trying to punish us for leaving this crappy conference.  Good riddance, as we now move to conference with decent referees.

You must have the UNT fan base confused with someone who gives a schit!  WE DON"T CARE!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, mustangfan said:

You got ripped by Temple and want to blame the refs?  Think of this as lesson of things to come. You won’t get past the opening round of the ACC either. Bye now. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, DentonStang said:

She'll be coming to join the conference ACC.

She'll be coming to join the conference,

She'll be coming to join the conference,

Oh, they'll all transfer to Dallas, NIL.

Oh they're walking out of DATCU,

Jumping in the portal, "See You!"

see ya goodbye GIF

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Hey Denton Stang, we’re  you at the game ?

No.  I can't emotionally invest in SMU basketball that much when I have zero confidence in Lanier. Once we're out of the same conference maybe I become a UNT bball fan.  Better chance of going to the tournament.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 3/15/2024 at 5:34 PM, DentonStang said:

No.  I can't emotionally invest in SMU basketball that much when I have zero confidence in Lanier. Once we're out of the same conference maybe I become a UNT bball fan.  Better chance of going to the tournament.

It was fun watching ESPN dump the rest of the Pony ads yesterday afternoon during the UAB game. Of course they flamed out in their first tourney game. Quite on-brand, really.

I honestly have always wished SMU the best, because I'm not living in the 1970s, and our universities have totally different missions. I still think this move to the ACC is absolute desperation, and the deal just keeps getting worse - the Playoff share is a third of what they projected (but is tripling overall, which means even for them) and assumes the headline names stay in the ACC, which is... quite the assumption. SMU's got money, but donor fatigue's gonna catch up fast, which is why they're stuck with Lanier. When you're paying off the new endzone facility, have lost your biggest on-campus attendance draw (UNT in both football and basketball), have to compete with Miami for throwing money at problems, are subsidizing your own broadcasting rights, and have to pay exit fees... all of a sudden you're asking for over a quarter-billion dollars to lose to Wake Forest in Charlotte.

For the American, Army is a great pickup for everyone but us (I would have preferred rescuing UTEP). Especially for basketball, a UTEP for SMU trade would have been even at worst just for the program history. 

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Puking Eagle 1