Meet the Baltimore Ravens New Defensive Coordinator

I'm so happy for Zach! Fantastic player, undrafted, made the Ravens, and cracked the starting lineup. Unfortunately had to retire, but a rapid rise in the coaching ranks is so cool to see!  I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Cobbs makes the same rise in the coaching ranks soon too!

• Upvote 3

Many memories of watching him play but one that sticks out is the fumble recovered for a TD against Rice in 2013. I'm probably overreacting to a great moment but that was a legacy defining play in my opinion. Every team has good players. What separates the greats from the good are those moments where you need a play and the greats step up. I know he didn't force the fumble but he was always around the football and it paid off big that night.

When I saw the Cowboys lost Dan Quinn to Washington, I had a brief moment of hope that maybe Zach Orr would be hired to replace him. The Cowboys need better linebacker play and who better than a former linebacker to come in and turn things around. As I said, it was a brief moment because I wouldn't want Orr coming to the Cowboys with Jerry Jones around. I'd rather watch Orr flourish elsewhere. Baltimore has a history of fantastic linebackers. Them putting their trust in him is huge. If he keeps their defense rolling, I can see him being an NFL HC in the next 4-5 years.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, cjones said:

I'm so happy for Zach! Fantastic player, undrafted, made the Ravens, and cracked the starting lineup. Unfortunately had to retire, but a rapid rise in the coaching ranks is so cool to see!  I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Cobbs makes the same rise in the coaching ranks soon too!

Would have been their middle linebacker before the injury.  

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Anybody remember the North Texas head coach that got Zach to come to North Texas? He should get more credit for the talent he left us with.

I don't recall anyone claiming that Todd Dodge wasn't a pretty good recruiter.  And he had a few true home runs, as with Zach.

2 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I think Baltimore is a great place for him. They signed him out of UNT. He played for them and he coached for them after retiring.  Wish him all the success. 

Oh, I agree with your comment 100% and, outside of another poster’s opinion,  don’t look for a bad side in everything, but we recently had an industry convention in Baltimore. It should be a beautiful city, but it isn’t safe. The hotels  were warning customers about doing things after sundown, etc. due to safety concerns. That was the point of my other comment.