In before the "What-does-this-have-to-do-with-NT-Football???/??/?/?//?" guys show up.

Risky move for Deboer IMO.   Replacing the GOAT is not really the position you want to put yourself in.  That 'bama fan base is insane.  Fail to make the playoff next year, and they'll call for your head.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

In before the "What-does-this-have-to-do-with-NT-Football???/??/?/?//?" guys show up.

Risky move for Deboer IMO.   Replacing the GOAT is not really the position you want to put yourself in.  That 'bama fan base is insane.  Fail to make the playoff next year, and they'll call for your head.

Washington is losing EVERYONE...smart of him to jump now...gets a bunch of cash...may do well, may not, but it is perfect timing for him

Exactly. It’s like the pilots I once trained - cocky, arrogant, knew it all, up for the test. On further reflection that’s exactly who I wanted flying my helicopter into the valleys of Hawaii. 

If you walk into a situation without the belief you can succeed and elevate, you won’t. Coach is interesting cat. Not sure of what his personality is but it was enough to get one of the best jobs in all levels of football. 🏈 

Interesting watch in Tuscaloosa.

GMG 

• Skeptical Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, NM Green said:

Interesting watch in Tuscaloosa.

GMG 

2024 Alabama Football Schedule

Date Opponent
Aug. 31 Western Kentucky
Sept. 7 USF
Sept. 14 at Wisconsin
Sept. 28 Georgia
Oct. 5 at Vanderbilt
Oct. 12 South Carolina
Oct. 19 at Tennessee
Oct. 26 Missouri
Nov. 9 at LSU
Nov. 16 Mercer
Nov. 23 at Oklahoma
Nov. 30 Auburn

13 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

If he can run his offense and keep that Bama defense at the high level they have it at, Bama is going to continue to be an elite program.

PS I don’t want a coach anywhere near my program who is scared to take the reins from a legend as some of you are suggesting.

I suggest it because history hasn't served them well. 

I'm not sure I'd want to work anywhere where the "retired" person I'm replacing still offices out of the same building.

First bad game, you see Saban in the hallway Sunday morning: "It's not the way I would've done it, but I'm sure you had your reasons.  You'll get it next time Chief!"

That being said, you gotta make hay while the sun shines.  Get that bag King! 🤑