How much do we still owe Littrell?

meangreenfaninno

I'm guessing the school will be caught up come January 31st of 2024.

"The former head coach of UNT’s football team had one year remaining on his deal following this season with a base salary of $1.35 million. UNT owes Littrell the remainder of that base salary, to be paid on a monthly basis. The contract runs through Jan. 31, 2024."

https://dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/mean_green/unt-owes-littrell-1-6-million-buyout-after-sunday-firing/article_efa620e9-6f5c-56de-845b-e989d93cb076.html#:~:text=The University of North Texas,Littrell takes a new job.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Not even a little bit

This article was published just over 10 years ago at the beginning of the 2013 season.

https://www.savannahnow.com/story/sports/2013/09/16/former-florida-coach-trying-turn-around-north-texas-program/13494320007/

You seem to forget how lowly we were looked upon not so long ago.

//McCarney is in his third season after taking over what he called a "bottom top 10 football program," that had gone 6-37 under Todd Dodge before McCarney arrived.

North Texas went 5-7 in 2011 and 4-8 last season.//

//Getting bowl eligible is a big goal for a program at a school with an enrollment of 36,206 that hasn't gone to the postseason since the 2004 New Orleans Bowl.

"There's been so many bad years," McCarney said. "We're just trying to give our fans hope, make it relevant again, make it exciting, make it fun. We've got to put a good product on the field for people to come back and support us. There's 12 Division I schools in the state of Texas. This university has been a great choice academically all over the state of Texas. It's been a last resort place to come to in football for a number of years. … Slowly, but surely we're taking some positive steps."//

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

And you seem to forget he was the highest-paid coach in Conference USA and never won a bowl or Conference Championship. He half-assed his recruiting. He was for shit on promoting the games and the school. He was paid really well for his time here. He seemed very comfortable being middle of the pack. More worried about his golf game. 

AND what really killed me is he dropped almost every big game that mattered. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I was one of the loudest critics there at the end.   But I wholeheartedly agree with this.   Littrell set a new standard around here.    Glad he's off the payroll soon though!

See this is all I’m saying. He reset the standard and that can be appreciated while still expecting more out of the future.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KingDL1 said:

And you seem to forget he was the highest-paid coach in Conference USA and never won a bowl or Conference Championship. He half-assed his recruiting. He was for shit on promoting the games and the school. He was paid really well for his time here. He seemed very comfortable being middle of the pack. More worried about his golf game. 

AND what really killed me is he dropped almost every big game that mattered. 

You must’ve given Todd Dodge a free pass since he only made $185k.

You also must’ve been excited about our conference performance this season since Eric Morris only lost to the 4 public universities that we know pay more than us. He beat UAB who pays the same and went 2-1 against the privates where we have no idea what they pay. Forget about firing Caponi, just give Morris a raise so we can increase that win total expectation.

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

You must’ve given Todd Dodge a free pass since he only made $185k.

You also must’ve been excited about our conference performance this season since Eric Morris only lost to the 4 public universities that we know pay more than us. He beat UAB who pays the same and went 2-1 against the privates where we have no idea what they pay. Forget about firing Caponi, just give Morris a raise so we can increase that win total expectation.

You shouldn't assume you know what excites me! 😜

I am excited about Eric Morris, though. I may change my mind next season. I am waiting to see what Caponi does in the offseason before I rally the lynch mob. 

Playing in a much tougher conference with a much stronger schedule with a first-year coach? Going 5-7 and being competitive in all but one game. Not the worst year and not what I hoped for. I have seen improvement.

• Upvote 1