Jared's tenure starting off rocky

El Paso Eagle

27 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

This is not what we were sold when Morris was hired. This was never supposed to be a rebuild. Morris was supposed to elevate us higher and make us more competitive. Can't be surprised that fans/people are quitting on this team. 

The program needs to show fans that real changes are being made. Fans are tired of the lipstick on this pig. Caponi has to go., and Morris needs to own up to that bad hire. 

If you were told something and believed it, that's on you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, peanuts104 said:

What do you think happens when there's a new coach? Even P5 programs usually go through a year of transition with a new coach.

Transition doesn't imply regression.  Seth had to go... but this is so much worse.

You seemed dedicated to getting a ban lately, so unsure why I even bother. You'll argue with God if it got you a down vote.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, Side.Show.Joe said:

Show where the athletic department told us Morris was coming here for a rebuild. All I read was how he was going to elevate out programs as we moved to the AAC. 

If you can't see how Littrell was hanging on by a thread and this team needed a rebuild that's your fault. A Littrell team down multiple scores at half time would have imploded. GFY

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 10

Just now, peanuts104 said:

If you can't see how Littrell was hanging on by a thread and this team needed a rebuild that's your fault. A Littrell team down multiple scores at half time would have imploded. GFY

Littrell was only hanging on by a thread because the leadership at UNT and fans like you kept making excuses for his failures. No one is buying that crap anymore. No more excuses. If you can show me where the AD was calling this a rebuild and I'll shut up. But, you can't, because it was never meant to be a rebuild. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, peanuts104 said:

Can you not see that Morris and Co have been completely underwhelming this year. Littrel needed to go but Morris didn't have to be the pick. It's nothing personal but it's hard to see to light at the end of the tunnel with them, been that way since the cal game. I know some of us where told to be more positive in a public form but wow it's garbage fluff takes out here man. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Littrell was only hanging on by a thread because the leadership at UNT and fans like you kept making excuses for his failures. No one is buying that crap anymore. No more excuses. If you can show me where the AD was calling this a rebuild and I'll shut up. But, you can't, because it was never meant to be a rebuild. 

We went into the season without a solid starting qb...we changed defensive systems. Delude yourself as much as you want.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Show where the athletic department told us Morris was coming here for a rebuild. All I read was how he was going to elevate out programs as we moved to the AAC. 

I've never seen ANY athletic department make a public announcement there was going to be a rebuilding year. That's not how it works. As a Memphis fan pointed out last week, expecting a new coach coming in the same year we move to what everyone knew was a tougher conference is "unrealistic."

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Just now, peanuts104 said:

We went into the season without a solid starting qb...we changed defensive systems. Delude yourself as much as you want.

So, you admit the department never called this season a rebuild. You admit Morris went into the Media Day and talked about us competing for the AAC title this season. Thanks.

Morris actually changed us to a worse defense. That's regression, not a rebuild. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 2

4 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I don't care you're just here to shit on the program. You did it when Littrell had success and failure. If you can't see the improvement in this team (however liimited), I can't help you.

Go ahead and elaborate on those improvements.  Start with defense 

2 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

So, you admit the department never called this season a rebuild. You admit Morris went into the Media Day and talked about us competing for the AAC title this season. Thanks.

Morris actually changed us to a worse defense. That's regression, not a rebuild. 

We have been competitive but be mad

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

I've never seen ANY athletic department make a public announcement there was going to be a rebuilding year. That's not how it works. As a Memphis fan pointed out last week, expecting a new coach coming in the same year we move to what everyone knew was a tougher conference is "unrealistic."

We played for the conference title last season, and brought back most of our talent. Not saying we should be in contention for the AAC title, but we were considered a bowl team before the season started. That's not unrealistic. This Morris defense couldn't get us into the C-USA title game this year. Caponi's defense is crap, and everyone knows it. Morris allows this to continue week after week. That is unrealistic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Transition doesn't imply regression.  Seth had to go... but this is so much worse.

Wow, this so wrong it doesn’t warrant I thoughtful response.  But I will try.

1. Morris has faced tougher competition 

2. He has a complete offense with a QB who completes almost 65% of his passes most of the time in shootouts trailing.  

So Morris in a tougher conference has a team with only one glaring issue: Defense. Seth couldn’t fix the defense or QB position for over 3 years.  He kept his job an extra year on the “strength” of a fluke rain soaked victory at home that favored the only thing that worked under him consistently; the run game.  

I absolutely would not be watching games, going to games or care enough to post here if Seth was still here.  Maybe Rogers is successful here and gets the starting job under Seth.  But I think Seth talks Aune into staying and if that happens I doubt Rogers is here or on the bench if he is.

Edited by Meangreen Fight
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

This is not what we were sold when Morris was hired. This was never supposed to be a rebuild. Morris was supposed to elevate us higher and make us more competitive. Can't be surprised that fans/people are quitting on this team. 

I don't think rebuild vs. not rebuild is a real distinction in the era of the transfer portal and NIL.

What would a rebuilding college football team do that a non-rebuilding team would not do? Everybody has to get better today. Nobody is helped by losing, unlike in pro sports with a draft that rewards it. Everybody needs to work the portal well or see other teams eat their lunch. Everybody needs to do as well at NIL as their conference mates.

Morris isn't rebuilding. He's just not winning.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, rcade said:

I don't think rebuild vs. not rebuild is a real distinction in the era of the transfer portal and NIL.

What would a rebuilding college football team do that a non-rebuilding team would not do? Everybody has to get better today. Nobody is helped by losing, unlike in pro sports with a draft that rewards it. Everybody needs to work the portal well or see other teams eat their lunch. Everybody needs to do as well at NIL as their conference mates.

Morris isn't rebuilding. He's just not winning.

I agree. Caponi just didn't do his job in the offseason. And, Morris didn't do his job when choose Caponi to run the defense. 

• Upvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1