Potential turning point?

Anybody thinking this has not been paying attention for the past 40+ years.  Everyone on here should have permanent neck braces from the whiplash incurred as fans of this team.

I like what I saw yesterday (second half), but will remain cautiously optimistic until I see 2-3 complete games strung together instead of one half of one game that had a couple of breaks go our way and an opponent that may have gone a little into coast mode in the second half.

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, meaniegreenie said:

Anybody thinking this has not been paying attention for the past 40+ years.  Everyone on here should have permanent neck braces from the whiplash incurred as fans of this team.

I like what I saw yesterday (second half), but will remain cautiously optimistic until I see 2-3 complete games strung together instead of one half of one game that had a couple of breaks go our way and an opponent that may have gone a little into coast mode in the second half.

I’ve only followed for the last 20 years, but I’ve been well aware of the shortcomings the last two decades. This feels different to me. Granted it’s a small sample size, but I like what I’m seeing.  I understand the cautious optimism, but I’m sipping on the green koolaid over here. 

• Upvote 3

We played a rank team close! Would look good on a t-shirt. 

hey North Texas didn’t get steam rolled but we still lost. Good teams find a way to win, so far we blew it against FIU and Navy and you can count this one against Tulane as another squandered opportunity. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

21 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

I’ve only followed for the last 20 years, but I’ve been well aware of the shortcomings the last two decades. This feels different to me. Granted it’s a small sample size, but I like what I’m seeing.  I understand the cautious optimism, but I’m sipping on the green koolaid over here. 

My own philosophy. Never drink the Koolaid, wait and see results so you can avoid swinging from one end of the spectrum to the other. This could be a turning point or we could crash out the rest of the season, time will tell. We are a middling team at the point, so until they show us something different on the field that's what we are.  

• Upvote 4

I hope, but you have to make the upward turn before you can make the statement. Remember Arkansas, then the next week La,Tech? One of the biggest missed opportunities in my time. 

I also thought the first half against Tulane was the D's best this season. Then came the second half! GMG

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

I hope, but you have to make the upward turn before you can make the statement. Remember Arkansas, then the next week La,Tech? One of the biggest missed opportunities in my time. 

I also thought the first half against Tulane was the D's best this season. Then came the second half! GMG

I thought our D was terrible in the first half, like warm butter.   Only a QB fumble crossing the goal line kept the score from being 28-0 at half.   

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, NT80 said:

I thought our D was terrible in the first half, like warm butter.   Only a QB fumble crossing the goal line kept the score from being 28-0 at half.   

So, this was the results of each possession for Tulane in the first half:

TD, Fumble, Downs, TD, Int, TD. 

There were some plays that they were loose, but it is very hard to say that the defense we saw in FIU (an inferior team) is the same defense that played this game.

I know the original post was about the D, but we can't ignore how bad our offense was in the first half. Of course they get the praise because they played so damn well in the second half.

Now, I am still very cautiously optimistic, but to me, this is what you want to see for the last 2 weeks.

Edited by BigWillie
  • Upvote 3