Our Defense is TERRIBLE!!!

Green Lantern

36 minutes ago, Venson said:

At this point Caponi has to go. I know I am a keyboard warrior and the HC should not over react, but this is on him. He has to make the hard decisions and this is one of them. Caponi's defense and his inexperienced staff need to go.

While I agree 100% and also agree this would happen at D1 schools who really care about football, it won't happen at poor UNT. 

I hope we can score 70 against ACU and eeek out 1 win this year.

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Same thing last week and people on here talking like Cal are CFB playoff contenders. Caponi has no idea what he is doing. I'm embarrassed for him, but most importantly, embarrassed for UNT. 

I know it. And there was a contingent here telling people to relax. Cal was majorly improved ect.

When you’ve watched this show for 25 years, you can spot the atrocious (Eric’s word) right off the bat. This defense is, in fact, atrocious.

*Cue the “you’ve never played college football” force field/deflection that will inevitably come from someone on here trying to defend this performance*

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2023 at 10:03 PM, Green Lantern said:

Bump again.

Can anyone on here explain to me like I’m a 5 year old what I’m supposed to like and be excited about with our 3 man front? 

Well the last two years of Phil Bennett we ran a 3 man front but would always walk up an edge rusher from the backers(devil) last year it was MR the year before one of the twins would come off edge. We also had what was called an Eagle backer which was a hybrid safety/ OLB.. at time it worked other times no..

now we have truly taken the edge rusher out of box and put him in the secondary..and will bring a current LB up to be an edge rusher still leaving the box light..

my opinion is take a DB out and insert another LB or DT. Especially with Navy and the option coming up. 

just the thoughts of a little league football coach 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Monkeypox said:

I believe we tried that late in the game. Stupid refs wouldn't let us run it.

That because we didn't deploy "The Distractor".  When you see the refs counting players, the distractor is there to yell out random numbers, thus confusing the ref, causing him to start over and then just give up with the ball is snapped.

• Haha 1

Next two games are winnable if the Defense shows up to play.

Navy and Temple are not good. So should be at 4 wins going into Tulane Game and Tulane is much weaker than last year.

Will be very disappointed if at minimum team does not split the next 2 games. 

9 minutes ago, 3_n_out said:

Maybe I’m just grasping at straws here, but do you think we will blitz more once we get to conference play? I noticed we haven’t blitzed much these first few games. Maybe Craponi is holding something back as to not show his full deck. 

george-of-the-jungle-throw-our-heads-bac

Yeah, let an FCS score 31 points to lure other teams into a false sense of security. They won't know what hit them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 4