****OFFICIAL CAL va. UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Coach Andy Mac

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I've been damn saying this for awhile now. Why invest so much into inevitable mediocrity when you can invest so much more into greatness. 

I have been saying for a year we should just be a basketball school.  Football is just hire a new coach every 4 years or so and it's pretty much the same from year to year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 7

1 minute ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

You're trying to sell that players were flocking to go to Cal with the same HC and staff that was mediocre - versus Sander's cherry picking all the top players from a team he already knew inside and out? That is ridiculous. 

Not at all, just with the portal teams can turn around quickly. Cal has 9 or 10 transfers starting and another 8, or so playing today.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Travis said:

I was under the impression that having 5 backs was supposed to help us with coverage… or was I just smoking something?

I was just thinking the exact same thing! What's the point if there are still going to be holes everywhere in the secondary?!

Just now, Travis said:

I was under the impression that having 5 backs was supposed to help us with coverage… or was I just smoking something?

Some of my disappointments.  Preface: I haven't given this much thought since we entered HT.

1) I was hopeful for some really creative (and productive!) use of our backs.  Maybe I Remember wrong, but it doesn't seem like we made much of an effort to get them in space and show their talent.

2) I understand Stone won this job with his improved arm, but I don't remember seeing any packages that highlight his running ability.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, rojomojo said:

I grew up a fan of a power 5 school so being a fan of a consistently atrocious/mediocre team is still an adjustment for me. Go mean green, I will be at the next game again cheering loud as ever... Just really sad honestly 

Dude, it seems like you moan and groan and bitch and whine more than anyone. Since you showed up, you've acted like you are doing UNT and the state of Texas a favor by gracing them with your presence. STFU.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Dude, it seems like you moan and groan and bitch and whine more than anyone. Since you showed up, you've acted like you are doing UNT and the state of Texas a favor by gracing them with your presence. STFU.

Just wanna see em succeed man. I knew this kinda stuff would happen the moment Morris got the job

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, rojomojo said:

I grew up a fan of a power 5 school so being a fan of a consistently atrocious/mediocre team is still an adjustment for me. Go mean green, I will be at the next game again cheering loud as ever... Just really sad honestly 

Plenty of Power 5 schools are nearly always lousy.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rojomojo said:

Just wanna see em succeed man. I knew this kinda stuff would happen the moment Morris got the job

You’re getting the team you personally absolutely deserve 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1