Finalizing the 2023 Roster?

El Paso Eagle

Not sure how many scholarships we have open, but I am sure we will have a few to fill.

The Spring Portal window looks to close on April 30th, so not sure where we stand except for the two who have already announced.

Now that Spring is over are any more leaving? Might expect one of the QBs.

• Confused 1

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/2023

There were 101 names listed on the Green/Black rosters (minus Damon Youngblood and Kade Bond who are still listed on roster) So of those 103 names, the 12 below are missing from the 91 on the linked roster: 

Tommy Bush    WR
Grant Gunnell    QB - Portal
Lamar Beard    RB
Chris Cayton    K
Brad Adamcik    TE
Khalil White    TE
Jaxx Warren    QB
Jase Malone    S
Dom Horton    CB
Kiy Whitaker    DL
Dane Jackson    OL - Portal
Ta'Shoyn Johnson    DL - Portal

I guess we are all-in on Rauschenberg and Nguma at Kicker. 

Bush seems to be the biggest contributor on here so far. 

Edited by UNT_FH_FR_YR
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, UNT_FH_FR_YR said:

There were 101 names listed on the Green/Black rosters (minus Damon Youngblood and Kade Bond who are still listed on roster) So of those 103 names, the 12 below are missing from the 91 on the linked roster: 

Tommy Bush    WR
Lamar Beard    RB
Chris Cayton    K
Brad Adamcik    TE
Khalil White    TE
Jaxx Warren    QB
Jase Malone    S
Dom Horton    CB
Kiy Whitaker    DL

I guess we are all-in on Rauschenberg and Nguma at Kicker. Also assuming Smedley will be the Walk-on QB going forward. 

So are we thinking these players may hop in at any moment now? Since what other reason would they not be listed?

I feel like some of those were listed not too long ago so this is interesting...

Edited by Jdawg48
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jdawg48 said:

So are we thinking these players may hop in at any moment now? Since what other reason would they not be listed?

I feel like some of those were listed not too long ago so this is interesting...

All but four are walk-ons.

18 hours ago, UNT_FH_FR_YR said:

Tommy Bush    WR
Lamar Beard    RB
Chris Cayton    K
Brad Adamcik    TE
Khalil White    TE
Jaxx Warren    QB
Jase Malone    S
Dom Horton    CB
Kiy Whitaker    DL

I guess we are all-in on Rauschenberg and Nguma at Kicker. Also assuming Smedley will be the Walk-on QB going forward. 

??

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Bush is probably either done with football or portaling. He’s been so unlucky with injuries, sucks that he didn’t really do much here.

It looks like he has completed his Masters. He might have decided to move on to the "real world". 

image.png.cecca17c772e4d31c242e3e6fe469df0.png

• Upvote 1

On 4/22/2023 at 3:52 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Not sure how many scholarships we have open, but I am sure we will have a few to fill.

The Spring Portal window looks to close on April 30th, so not sure where we stand except for the two who have already announced.

Now that Spring is over are any more leaving? Might expect one of the QBs.

I really don't think that we'll know until the fall semester starts.  We have about a dozen coming that weren't here in the spring, including four or so who could challenge for a starting position or a second unit player.

On 4/28/2023 at 11:02 AM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Bush is probably either done with football or portaling. He’s been so unlucky with injuries, sucks that he didn’t really do much here.

While Shorter has certainly been more successful, he seems to be almost as injury prone as Bush. Good luck to Shorter on that issue wherever he ends up playing.