Adler is going to lose his mind

golfingomez

21 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

That is an excuse, not a reason. Bush league!

That’s lazy and unprofessional.    I own a shirt printing business in McKinney and we do these very things.  When one of our local teams makes a run at a championship, we’ve planned ahead and often times, have shirts available as soon as whatever goal is accomplished.   And we’re a small business….small….3 employees.   But we pump out 45,000 shirts a year, no subs.  On top of hats, signs, flags, uniforms, etc   

If we can do it, Voertmans can do it.  

Maybe we need a contract with UNT

Edited by Green with Envy
  • Upvote 3
  • Ray 1

10 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

That’s lazy and unprofessional.    I own a shirt printing business in McKinney and we do these very things.  When one of our local teams makes a run at a championship, we’ve planned ahead and often times, have shirts available as soon as whatever goal is accomplished.   And we’re a small business….mall….3 employees.   But we pump out 45,000 shirts a year, no subs.  On top of hats, signs, flags, uniforms, etc   

If we can do it, Voertmans can do it.  

Maybe we need a contract with UNT

Dooooo itttt!!! 

3 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Cotton T-shirts SUCK! They shrink and fade immediately. A performance T-shirt will last 10x as long as cotton. Why no performance T-shirt options? I will happily pay more for one. 

At age 70, I am not performing like I used to. Cotton is fine with me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Cotton T-shirts SUCK! They shrink and fade immediately. A performance T-shirt will last 10x as long as cotton. Why no performance T-shirt options? I will happily pay more for one. 

Maybe stop buying your T-shirts at Wmart and Dollar Tree or at least stop using hot water and hot dryer.

https://www.sportdecals.com/blogs/p/how-to-prevent-your-shirt-from-shrinking

Unlike other things, cold water doesn't cause "shrinkage" to T-shirts.

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2023 at 11:54 AM, MeanGreen22 said:

I’d rather give my money to a local store that actually cares about the university and is trying to satisfy a variety of wants and needs by its customers. 

Voertmans cares about the university the same way a tick cares about a cow.

It's strictly a parasitic relationship.

Let me know when the relationship becomes symbiotic and I will gladly give Voertmans credit. Until then you will continue to see Voertmans setting up stands at athletic events and not selling hardly anything. It's their sad business strategy with fan gear and accessories and its not beneficial to the university or the store.

image.thumb.jpeg.c16964899f970d870fd8fb165cda2438.jpeg

"Here's Arnold, and Here's Arnold's rug. Arnold doesn't offer a rug that people would want because people would buy the rug and Arnold would no longer have a rug to sell."

Voertmans sucks only because Voertmans chooses to suck. It's not that the fans are cheap or that demand is low, it's that Voertmans continually markets what's easiest to procure and not what customers want. 

Every one of the above item would be selling quickly if they were available in North Texas in our colors. Yet Voertmans will display and repack this same unwanted crap at games in perpetuity.

And it's why stores like Rally House which only carry only a limited North Texas assortment are kicking their asses.

Sorry if the truth hurts their feelings, but its 100% their choice.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 3

13 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Adler, would this work?

UNT FLORAL 3D TEE

Absolutely. Creative and fun designs need to be made utilizing our school colors. We're inclusive to all types at North Texas and some aren't such rabid sports fans as people on this board. My daughter would probably like that shirt, maybe not for gameday, but just as a fun North Texas shirt.

When it comes to spirit gear, the worst green shirt is still better than the best gray or black shirt.

And yes, I was embarrassed for President Smatresk when he showed up in Las Vegas wearing a generic black shirt. Sadly, his attire looked like shit and he knows better.

When it comes to gameday, it's Green or it's wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, ADLER said:

Voertmans cares about the university the same way a tick cares about a cow.

It's strictly a parasitic relationship.

Let me know when the relationship becomes symbiotic and I will gladly give Voertmans credit. Until then you will continue to see Voertmans setting up stands at athletic events and not selling hardly anything. It's their sad business strategy with fan gear and accessories and its not beneficial to the university or the store.

image.thumb.jpeg.c16964899f970d870fd8fb165cda2438.jpeg

"Here's Arnold, and Here's Arnold's rug. Arnold doesn't offer a rug that people would want because people would buy the rug and Arnold would no longer have a rug to sell."

Voertmans sucks only because Voertmans chooses to suck. It's not that the fans are cheap or that demand is low, it's that Voertmans continually markets what's easiest to procure and not what customers want. 

Every one of the above item would be selling quickly if they were available in North Texas in our colors. Yet Voertmans will display and repack this same unwanted crap at games in perpetuity.

And it's why stores like Rally House which only carry only a limited North Texas assortment are kicking their asses.

Sorry if the truth hurts their feelings, but its 100% their choice.

I’d love to have a beer with you and talk about this one day. I love the passion you have for the university but I think sometimes you might be too blinded. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

I love supporting UNT and I love sporting the green and white, but I don’t always want to wear green/white.  The gray/black options give me variety when I’m around town.

If I’m going to a game, I typically stick with the green.  

On the spectrum of variety and convenience versus official colors/branding, I hope our AD is planting their feet towards the correct side.

• Lovely Take 1