SMU has purchased Dave Campbell's Texas Football

Dannymacfan

• Dannymacfan changed the title to SMU has purchased Dave Campbell's Texas Football

They were bound to get coverage anyways.  People naturally are curious about the only program to ever received that punishment from the NCAA.

If they were struggling, a writer would have emerged and wrote something like, "40 years removed from the worst NCAA judgment in history, Mustangs are still struggling to find their place in CFB."

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Nope can’t go there at all.  They don’t really have fans they have trolls and alumni.  No problem with alumni.  But there is no such thing as “organically grown”  SMU fan born after the death penalty.   They aren’t Dallas’ team they are Highland Park’s team.  Many of them wouldn’t urinate on 60% Dallas to put it out if were on fire.  And a healthy percentage of them are T-Shirt fans Texas A&M, Longhorns, and Sooners fans most Saturdays if SMU isn’t going on an impressive win streak.  I want them functional and in our conference only to kick their a**es every year.  Otherwise they could visit the death penalty on their program again.  Their  historical refusal to play us before the “Safeway Parking Lot” quote is/was typical of the worst non-competitive elitism.  A liken them to a young boxer too arrogant to earn his shot at the title by fighting other contenders and demanding a championship fight after just 10-12 bouts.

Geeze. So much latent anger. Did an SMU grad's private equity firm buy your employer and lay you off?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, DentonStang said:

Geeze. So much latent anger. Did an SMU grad's private equity firm buy your employer and lay you off?

Nope but thank you for illustrating the urinating on 60% of Dallas while having “Dallas” on the uniform mindset. 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, tmjerm said:

Gotdamn I love you guys and your hate for our perceived next conquest (which I agree with).  That said, can we just be real and just start winning som f’n games before we start a zillion threads whining about the ponies?  We need to find some flex and right now we have a lot of flaccid when it comes to those guys so let’s just worry about getting that part right before we worry about the kind of shape their program is in.  Wanna beat ‘em like hell but we have housekeeping to do.  

I absolutely agree, but "giving the at-a-boy" for possibly leaving us behind is a bridge too far for ANY Mean Green fan and I had to comment on that.   I wish we were more demanding.  I wish more of us were asking questions like "why not go after Coach Sanders" once he established he could bring 4-Stars in back to back years to a FCS school.  The one thing I will say about the SMU alumni engaged with the program, they demand excellence and put money behind it.  A lot of the half ass stuff leadership has done here since 1995 wouldn't have been tolerated.  It has always be my opinion that quality head coach hirings, firings, and facility improvements are perpetually 3-5 years late.  We have never let go of a coach right on time.  This last opportunity with Seth to let him depart for KSU and receive a buyout was squandered.  And they doubled down and put themselves in a position where it was too expensive to get rid of a coach who had reached his ceiling here without wining a conference championship.   It is that ineptness and perceived lack of dedication that has some SMU fans looking down on us (regardless of the outcome of a game).  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

On 3/17/2023 at 5:06 PM, DentonStang said:

Come join us on On3

Since I keep up with what's going on in the state and nationally, I have a premium membership to On3. I must admit, I was very surprised, at how large the SMU site is and the amount of traffic over there. Seems like you not only big numbers, but many younger people involved. 

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1