This will be an interesting week! Player Thoughts

zenhuddy

So we know there are some loyal players to Seth that may leave and or if he has an escape plan he’s probably already told the guys he wants. However, we might see a lots of players “riding the fence” to wait and see who we attract to this good football HC job! My money is on we have feelers out and or have for a month or more, as this magic number of 8 games and him getting there has looked pretty slim.

Good Luck Seth - your work here was surely not a wash but had bits and pieces of good. However our school finally said .500 isn’t good enough. Looks to me that Wren was Seth’s protector. So now my perspective on Wrens departure has changed considerably-especially when I hear Jared might have had a lot more to do with Grants hiring than Wren.
Let’s get the coming year rolling NOW!  

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, zenhuddy said:

Looks to me that Wren was Seth’s protector. So now my perspective on Wrens departure has changed considerably-especially when I hear Jared might have had a lot more to do with Grants hiring than Wren.

This. Maybe Jared was the reason for the DeLong hire as well. I have seen my fair share of guys riding their subordinates backs to promotions because the subordinates didn't want the organization to fail. Maybe it has been Jared all along who has been the reason for any success and Wren benefitted and jumped ship as soon as a P5 offer came along. I don't know any of that to be true, but may explain why SL was here for so long, Wren protecting him.

• Upvote 3

I had heard that Wren and Seth’s relationship was strained and Wren wanted to let him go but his hands were tied by the powers that be. 🤷‍♂️

And if Jared was Wren’s savior, then he would do what it takes to take him to WV too. The only reason I could see Jared staying behind would be if he thought he had a shot at the job here. And this school administration doesn’t seem like the "promote from within" type of leadership. 

Edited by Moobs
  • Upvote 1