UT paying OL

southsideguy

9 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I saw somewhere it could be up to 150K,  boy that will make it so hard to recruit players.  You think even Texas will be able to win with that advantage.   It is going to kill college sports.

It's not really going to change anything.   

The 4 & 5* guys are still going to these big schools.    There is still an 85 scholarship limit per team, and only 25 guys can sign per class.

Now, they can definitely dangle that carrot out to transfers who are doing well at other schools, but ideally we could maybe do something similar for our superstars.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It's not really going to change anything.   

The 4 & 5* guys are still going to these big schools.    There is still an 85 scholarship limit per team, and only 25 guys can sign per class.

Now, they can definitely dangle that carrot out to transfers who are doing well at other schools, but ideally we could maybe do something similar for our superstars.

It’s like Jimbo Fisher said on Marty & McGee during SEC media days. “Name, Image, & Likeness been around a long time, they just hadn’t been telling anybody.”

• Oh Boy! 1

What today’s NCAA power brokers are allowing reminds me a lot of what the present U.S. Congress is allowing & I assure all if the U.S. wants to remain a 50 states Union they better start reeling in some of their crap.
I can visualize the NCAA people who have rubber-stamped all this looking like Fry Street hippie dropouts from the 1970’s. It just makes me very ill. Wonder if the NCAA will be able to know when -all this completely gets out of hand?  

CREATE A SAFETY NET (of sorts)...If a player uses his original school to transfer up to another school then make their new school pay back their scholarship to the original school who signed them or...a variation thereof. The new school is the beneficiary of this new college football farm system.  I know monitoring all that would be a nightmare, but none of the lower P5 or G5 schools started this portal transfer Chinese Fire Drill.  
I don’t see how AAC Commish’ Aresca thinks this can benefit any G5 school.

🦅❇️🦅BEAT MIAMI of OHIO ! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

When it gets out of hand?  It think we have hit that point.   There is going to have to break off between the P-5 and the there other schools.  They have taken away what made college football so great-a level playing field.

Maybe we should give Musk an honorary PHD from UNT.........maybe he would throw some bucks our way.

• Upvote 1