Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
UNTLifer

247Sports: Projecting College Football's Top 25 Qbs of 2019

Recommended Posts

It hard to believe how far we have come in such a short period of time especially at the QB position! Top 10 nationally!!! Really! Congrats to all! GMG 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would of thought that a little guy from Pigeon Forge Oklahoma would grow into the most prolific passer in North Texas History and potentially a house hold name nationally by the end of his career!! WOW

 

I though he was gonna be good but he crushed my expectations!! 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meaniegreenie said:

After watching the past few years, just thinking back about McNutley makes me want to punch ol "Big Ring" in the face.

I just wonder “what kind of year could we have had in 2013 if Mason was the QB.”   I think we beat Tulane and nUTSAck that year, host the CUSA title game and perhaps win the conference title.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meaniegreenie said:

After watching the past few years, just thinking back about McNutley makes me want to punch ol "Big Ring" in the face.

McNultey was not as bad as everyone says he was.  It's hard to sustain drives when almost every other pass you throw is 3rd and long because the run game came up short or when you do actually throw it, your receivers drop the ball because they've been practicing blocking during practice.  And from comments Quinn has made on some of the Beyond the Green episodes, it sounds like that qb room was extremely toxic.

  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But JQ wasn’t on those teams. He played under DD with Hall and Smith his QB’s.  

Correction:  My bad.  When I see "Quinn" my first thought is Johnny.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

But JQ wasn’t on those teams. He played under DD with Hall and Smith his QB’s. 

He means Shanbour.

 

And, yes, McNulty was everything we remember him to be.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

McNultey was not as bad as everyone says he was.  It's hard to sustain drives when almost every other pass you throw is 3rd and long because the run game came up short or when you do actually throw it, your receivers drop the ball because they've been practicing blocking during practice.  And from comments Quinn has made on some of the Beyond the Green episodes, it sounds like that qb room was extremely toxic.

McNulty sucked—a lot. He was not a FBS-level QB. He was fortunate to play for his dad’s college buddy and for an OC that liked how he graded out on his exams. And, of course, he played with Josh Greer, who wasn’t even a FCS level QB, as well other QBs who couldn’t keep their grades up or just couldn’t play.

Mason Fine is literally 180 degrees from that crew.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

He means Shanbour.

 

And, yes, McNulty was everything we remember him to be.

Yep, I was a DA on that one.  Still think of Johnny when I see the word "Quinn."

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CK2 said:

Still not better than King or Ehlinger 

I gotta commend you.  Most people aren’t this passionate about their safety school...especially not after having to go there when they fail out of a four year university.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I gotta commend you.  Most people aren’t this passionate about their safety school...especially not after having to go there when they fail out of a four year university.

Really why does the Cougar Queen come on this forum?  Doesnt UofH have one or did they throw him out?  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Really why does the Cougar Queen come on this forum?  Doesnt UofH have one or did they throw him out?  

They don't have other fans so they come here to see what real fans talk about.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cry and whine all you want but I'm right. Fine would start at every FBS school in Texas not named UH, UT and Tech if Bowman is healthy.

Edited by CK2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CK2 said:

Cry and whine all you want but I'm right. Fine would start at every FBS school in Texas not named UH, UT and Tech if Bowman is healthy.

This is 100% speculation. King is a true dual threat type guy. It's all philosophy of the coaching staff that determines what brand of football they want their QB playing. Mike Leach or any disciple of would take Mason Fine over King most days. Urban Meyer or any disciple of would take King over Mason Fine most days. When you're not too busy blatantly trolling, you talk in sweeping generalizations too much on here. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 10:04 PM, emmitt01 said:

I just wonder “what kind of year could we have had in 2013 if Mason was the QB.”   I think we beat Tulane and nUTSAck that year, host the CUSA title game and perhaps win the conference title.  

Well, this would be ideal. We would basically be combining our best offensive player in school history (MF would do well with some of those 2013 weapons, even in that dinosaur offense) with our best defense over the last decade. I believe that UGA game in 2013 in this scenario would be a fun one too. Could've been a table running type year. We need to get some guys like that back in here that are blood thirsty; Orr, Akunne, Abbe, Sarge, Trice, Lee, etc. We have some guys that sort of fit that mold, but philosophies can bring out the best in players or it can expose all of their weaknesses. We are setup right now to feast or famine on defense and the 3-3-5 tends itself to be a little more finesse and softer. The constant running of base 4-3 puts itself out there on display and tells the opponent, "Here we are, come get it." That 2013 was such a bland team to watch, but the defense may have been more entertaining to watch than the offense and that's rare air in the 21st century. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

When you're not too busy blatantly trolling, you talk in sweeping generalizations too much on here. 

His middle school education and socialization only through online contacts has led to this type of analysis.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...