Texas freshman QB Cameron Rising listed in NCAA Transfer Portal

Harry

It appears that the Texas Longhorns quarterback room is set to lose one of its highest-upside options.

As first noted by The Football Brainiacs, freshman quarterback Cameron Rising’s name is now listed in the NCAA Transfer Portal, which would mark the former four-star prospect’s departure after only just one season on the Forty Acres.

A one-time Oklahoma pledge, Rising signed with Texas during the early signing period last cycle and enrolled early, providing Tom Herman’s program with the nation’s No. 11 pro-style passer and a top 300 talent nationally. However, his role as the third-string quarterback behind backup Shane Buechele and budding star Sam Ehlinger led to a redshirt season, though Rising was listed ahead of fellow freshman and former four-star quarterback Casey Thompson on the depth chart.

read more:  https://www.burntorangenation.com/platform/amp/football/2018/12/22/18152969/texas-longhorns-freshman-quarterback-cameron-rising-listed-ncaa-transfer-portal

6 hours ago, southsideguy said:

The P-5 will be the death of college football and the NCAA is their patsy.  My rule would give everyone the same amount of money to spend on their program and level out the playing field and make college football  football again. 

Coach Marx has been suggesting this for years. has some merit.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3

On 12/29/2018 at 3:04 PM, Censored by Laurie said:

Coach Marx has been suggesting this for years. has some merit.

We will never be able to compete with them on money so we will be left to the CUSA and Sun Belt when they merge. You are dreaming if you think we will ever make the jump to P5.  I just would like to see a level playing and make college football fun again.  I have stopped watching P-5 teams unless we are playing them. The Marx joke was cute though. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

We will never be able to compete with them on money so we will be left to the CUSA and Sun Belt when they merge. You are dreaming if you think we will ever make the jump to P5.  I just would like to see a level playing and make college football fun again.  I have stopped watching P-5 teams unless we are playing them. The Marx joke was cute though. 

You're idea is impossible and might destroy a ton of CFB.  But it is cute, though.