• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
BillySee58

UNT NET Ranking Tracker - 2018/2019

Recommended Posts

Is it me or do UNT teams seem to have trouble putting away teams?  Football, Basketball we seem to play to the level of our competition.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Is it me or do UNT teams seem to have trouble putting away teams?  Football, Basketball we seem to play to the level of our competition.

My mind goes there often. Just ONCE I would love to see us come out against a so-called "underdog" and stomp the piss out of them from the beginning to the end of the contest. No quarter! I often observe a decent early lead and start looking for signs of the letdown. That's why I am worried about today's basketball game and the next four.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Is it me or do UNT teams seem to have trouble putting away teams?  Football, Basketball we seem to play to the level of our competition.

Agreed.  I think the team's execute better under pressure.  Playing with a lead doesn't seem to work well....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Mexico is about to knock off #6 Nevada.  Hopefully that gives us a little bit of a bump?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also our SOS improved when New Mexico blew out #6 Nevada. That probably gave us 1-2 spots and the Southern Miss won gave us the other 1-2 spots.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Also our SOS improved when New Mexico blew out #6 Nevada. That probably gave us 1-2 spots and the Southern Miss won gave us the other 1-2 spots.

New Mexico jumped up by 32 spots. That was huge for us.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we dropped spots from 37 to 42. San  Francisco is now sitting in our old 37 spot.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Looks like we dropped spots from 37 to 42. San  Francisco is now sitting in our old 37 spot.

Yesterday was a bad day for our past opponents. OU blew a second half lead on the road at Texas Tech (not a bad loss), and Indiana State and New Mexico both lost at home.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are 40 today... No movement for the win over UTEP...I actually agree with this.... We are not a Top 25 or even Top 30 if we cannot handily beat 200+ ranked teams..... hopefully this will improve as the season progresses...as noted above, we seem to play to the level of our competition... On the other hand, I also know that as the #1 team in CUSA, we get everyone's best shot to de-throne us. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chrisfisher said:

We are 40 today... No movement for the win over UTEP...I actually agree with this.... We are not a Top 25 or even Top 30 if we cannot handily beat 200+ ranked teams..... hopefully this will improve as the season progresses...as noted above, we seem to play to the level of our competition... On the other hand, I also know that as the #1 team in CUSA, we get everyone's best shot to de-throne us. 

1-2 start from ODU and La Tech falling to Rice last Saturday have pushed both down to where we are almost the only top 100 team in CUSA. ODU just in at 96

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, chrisfisher said:

We are 40 today... No movement for the win over UTEP...I actually agree with this.... We are not a Top 25 or even Top 30 if we cannot handily beat 200+ ranked teams..... hopefully this will improve as the season progresses...as noted above, we seem to play to the level of our competition... On the other hand, I also know that as the #1 team in CUSA, we get everyone's best shot to de-throne us. 

I think we are just a good team that knows how to win. No where even close to the talent level of a team like Duke but we just know how to finish.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

I think we are just a good team that knows how to win. No where even close to the talent level of a team like Duke but we just know how to finish.

That's a sign of a great coach getting buy-in from the players and elevating his team.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this