DRC: Fine vows to return for senior season after pondering transferring

Brett Vito

I missed all this drama, and glad I did.

My conclusion is that there are a lot of people with their head stuck in the sand.  I’m not surprised, at all, that there are big time schools out there trying to recruit him away.  Guess everyone forgot about the grilling Gundy took earlier in the year after we beat Arkansas and they were struggling?  We don’t live in a vacuum...especially when we beat an SEC school like we did.

Fine is as good a QB as there is in the nation.  QBs are recruited away as grad transfers every year.  Ole Miss lost their’s to Michigan this year. So it happens to even SEC schools.  It sucks, and I’m glad Fine is staying put...but you’re naive if you think there aren’t schools out there trying to see if they could lure him away.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

I missed all this drama, and glad I did.

My conclusion is that there are a lot of people with their head stuck in the sand.  I’m not surprised, at all, that there are big time schools out there trying to recruit him away.  Guess everyone forgot about the grilling Gundy took earlier in the year after we beat Arkansas and they were struggling?  We don’t live in a vacuum...especially when we beat an SEC school like we did.

Fine is as good a QB as there is in the nation.  QBs are recruited away as grad transfers every year.  Ole Miss lost their’s to Michigan this year. So it happens to even SEC schools.  It sucks, and I’m glad Fine is staying put...but you’re naive if you think there aren’t schools out there trying to see if they could lure him away.

There is no evidence that anyone is trying to lure him away.  That would be a major violation.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

20 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

The rumored school that tried courting Mason is Mississippi State, where violations flow like water.

Only one way to settle it, get rid of Cal and add Miss St and let Mason and company shred them and expose another SEC team.  

• Confused 1